The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Comparison: Sharking to Celebi Activation Sequence VS Nintendo's Celebi Generator

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comparison: Sharking to Celebi Activation Sequence VS Nintendo's Celebi Generator
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 03:19 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
=====================================

The following is an explanation that will attempt to convince the reader that activating the Celebi Sequence through GameShark is actually *MORE* legal than Nintendo's Celebi Generator. It may sound ridiculous, but try to keep an open mind as you read this.

First and foremost, however: There is no such thing as a 100% legal Celebi. Something has to be tweaked in order for you to recieve one. Whether you do it with a Shark of your own, or visit one of Nintendo's promotions, it doesn't matter. *THEY ARE ALL FAKE*. What you must decide, is *how* fake you want your Celebi to be.

THE METHOD:

To obtain a Celebi with a GameShark, one must first obtain a GS Ball. There are two ways to do this on American Crystal; activate a random glitch in Stadium 2 or GameShark one. It doesn't matter. The Japanese obtained it through their Mobile Adapters; were it not for Nintendo of America's idiocy, we would all have legal access to a GS Ball ourselves.

With the GS Ball in hand, enter the code to make Kurt of Azalea Town take the ball. Enter the second code to make him give it back. Now, go to the forest shrine in Ilex Forest. Celebi will appear at Lv. 30 and you will have your chance to catch it.

On the other hand, Nintendo's Celebi Generators simply stick a Lv. 5 Celebi onto your party. So, you can either go out and catch your Celebi with Ultra/Masterballs, or have one artificially placed on your team.

THE CATCHING:

Obtaining a Celebi with the GS Ball is akin to obtaining a Houou with the Rainbow Wing. You can save before you try, and if you fail, you can reset and try again. BEING ABLE TO CATCH AS MANY AS YOU LIKE IS A KEY CHARACTERISTIC OF LEGAL POKéMON. You can catch a hundred thousand Sentret. You can buy seventeen Clefairy. You can save and reset, and go through forty-two Dizzy Punch Smoochum. You can even breed an army of Squirtle. These are all legal.

However, you must be present at one of Nintendo's promotions to obtain a Celebi through Nintendo's Celebi Generators. You will likely only be able to aquire one, as well. Even if you do manage to get several, the promotion will end sometime. Also, a very large percentage of the game playing population cannot attend these tours. These people cannot even get one, let alone catch as many as they like.

THE OUTPUT:

Getting your Celebi in Ilex Forest will give you a cute little Lv. 30 Grass-Psychic type, with your real ID number, Original Trainer name, and the ability to rename it. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER POKéMON YOU CATCH. You can rename the Snorlax you capture. Your name is displayed on all those Staryu you caught. You can use the ID Number on your Cyndaquil to calculate your time reset password.

On the other hand, the Lv. 5 Celebi that are spat out of Nintendo's Celebi Generators have fake IDs, fake OTs, and cannot be renamed. Quite frankly, nothing jumps out and shouts "Look at me, I'm fake!" like an OT of 'YOSHIBB'. Or 'SAMUSBE' or whatever they were the last time.

Now, you might say that trading Pokémon that do not appear in the wild on that game are the same thing. For example, an Ariados traded to Silver. It has a strange OT and ID, and you can't rename that or catch more. However, you can breed it, and get little baby Spinarak that match your cartridge.

Another possible counterargument is Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo on GSC. Again, they have strange OT and IDs and cannot be renamed. You also cannot breed them. Though they may not be available on GSC, they *ARE* available on RBY. Somewhere under the name of 'Game Boy Pokémon', these Pokémon can be obtained. However, in America, Celebi is not available.

ADDITIONAL ARGUMENTS:

Nintendo's Celebi Generators can be used to place Celebi on Gold or Silver cartridges. CELEBI WERE NEVER AVAILABLE ON GOLD OR SILVER IN JAPAN. The Generators are clearly doing something illegal when they can generate a Celebi out of thin air on a cartridge that could not obtain it any other way. But if that's okay, why not GameShark?

In Japan, Celebi can be caught in Crystal. This we all know. Using a GameShark to obtain a Celebi in American Crystal is doing NOTHING but correcting for Nintendo of America's mistakes! A Pokémon is a Pokémon, and if the Japanese can catch and use Celebi, so can we.

SOME JABS AT NINTENDO OF AMERICA'S CHARACTER:

Of course, even if this document becomes accepted across the Pokémon community, trainers are still gonna have to disguise their GameSharked Celebi as 'Official' Celebi if they wanna go to a tour. This is because you could argue with NoA until you're blue in the face; they'll still say that "GameShark = Illegal". Never mind all the proof that says their Celebi Generators are just as bad, if not worse than GameShark. What they say goes, and they've said enough.

-Nintendo of America are responsible for removing the Mobile Adapter option from Crystal, thus preventing English players from obtaining Celebi and destroying one of the main selling points of the game.

-Nintendo of America are also responsible for not even attempting to get the Mobile Adapter off the ground. They took one look at it and decided too much work was involved. This easily could have pushed the Pokémon franchise even further along the path from 'fad' to 'phenomenon' to 'legend'.

-Nintendo of America clearly has no conception of the nuances of selecting and training Pokémon (and by extrapolation, playing Pokémon) as seen by their Mew Generators. All 'Official' Mew have DVs of 5/10/1/12/5. Nintendo took the time to randomize the ID numbers, but not the actual DVs, which are a thousand times more important. Who are they to decide what is legal and what is not?

-Nintendo of America's input into Pokémon goes as far as translating the text. THAT'S IT. They even do a lousy job of that- Sunny Day, anyone? How about a female Mr. Mime? Or any of the dozens of examples of stupid names given to the Pokémon and attacks. Creatures and Game Freak of Japan are the ones who create the game; who determine how it is to be played. And they are the ones who made Celebi available. Nintendo of America making it unavailable are simply middlemen, meddling with the finished product. On a related note, if you want to flip a coin and, on heads, shark yourself a shiny Pichu with Dizzy Punch, go right ahead. ACCORDING TO THE CREATORS OF THE GAME, CELEBI IS A LEGAL POKéMON, AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE. Nintendo of America ruined that for us. All GameShark does is fix it.

The Celebi Generators are 'officially endorsed' by Nintendo of America; NOT by Creatures or Game Freak or Nintendo of Japan or by any company that matters. Therefore, the one argument for the legality of the 'Official' Celebi has been proven moot as NoA can go soak their collective head.

CONCLUSION:

So, compare the fakeness of your two Celebi. You've renamed one 'Baby Stuie', the other will forever be 'CELEBI'. One has your cartridge data, the other does not. One was captured after thirty minutes of precise weakening, the other just appeared on your belt one day. One was made available by the correction of a mistake, the other from a ridiculously half-assed attempt to make up for it.

BOTH ARE FAKE.

But the first is a hell of a lot less fake.

Go, Celebi!

=====================================

Please point out any errors calmly and rationally and they will be fixed.
~Uiru

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-27-2001 03:28 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoot Aboout Moo? Mooo? WHAT ABOOUT MOO?!!!
IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 03:30 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo sucks ass....

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 03:46 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are right though Uiru, you sure are a damn persuasive writter...

How ever you get Celebi by any means, it is by editing some value of hex...

What gives Nintendo the right to say their machines are so called "legal hex editors?"

-MK

Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-27-2001 03:59 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh, well uiru what about mew?
IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 04:09 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
With the GS Ball in hand, enter the code to make Kurt of Azalea Town take the ball.

You don't even need this code or a GS ball. Simply put in the second code, and follow on from there.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Corruption of Soul
Farting Nudist
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 04:34 PM      Profile for Corruption of Soul   Email Corruption of Soul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:

What gives Nintendo the right to say their machines are so called "legal hex editors?"

-MK

How about the fact that the game, legally, belongs to Nintendo? And before I get any rants on who the game belongs to, I present you this information: the programmers and designers produced the game with complete knowledge that it would be property of Nintendo. They were aware that they'd be paid for it and merely acknowledged in the credits. it is NO LONGER THEIR GAME.
And you ask what gives Nintendo the right to declare their machines to be "legal"? This shouldn't even be a question. Their game, their rules. I find gameshark itself to be more cheating than bug exploitation, simply because the bug exploitation, for all that it SHOULD NOT have been in the game(a bug is a mistake, duh), it still is a part of the code. Gameshark takes the programmers' efforts and plays sillyputty with them. If you were a programmer, would you like your efforts mocked by some cheesehead with a piece of plastic and metal making YOUR game the way they see fit? HOW DARE THEY! Understand what I'm getting at? I reiterate: It's Nintendo's game. Their rules, not yours.

- - - - -
What's the opposite of pure?...Corruption

MasterChu19155
Farting Nudist
Member # 2101

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for MasterChu19155     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
An eplanation full of information.
They open the eyes to the reality off fakeness.
Well, there are two possibilities.
Both are fake or every Celebi is authentic.
Concernin the celebi question it is maybe right.
But what about Mew ???
Is Mew then a GENERAL fake because is was NEVER available in an officiel game ???
Or is that the REAL one ???
I would say no.
Mew is a fake, every Mew is one.
Why ???
Look at the DV, there is maybe ONE authentic Mew, saved in the data of NoJ.
The rest are copies of maybe this one real creation.
But why are Mew AND Celebi´s Stats the same ???
KP 403 the Rest 298 ???
Why is Mew´s max 298, when the best DV is 12 ???
Many questions only NoP could answer.

To me it seems a bit stupid to say DV 15 = 298, when every "authentic" Mew has not only one DV that could reach the real max stat.

Are Mew and Celebi maybe only unfinished ides of the PKMN complex ???

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 05:51 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone really needs to e-mail NOA and attach this page. I can't exactly do it; AOL's default 15-17 age restrictions prevent attachments to email (WTF?)

Who's going to do it? Uiru should get first dibs, since he made the page, but...

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-27-2001 07:36 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

There is no such thing as a 100% legal Celebi. ... *THEY ARE ALL FAKE*.
If you want to get techinical about it, though, as long as Celebi's data doesn't have any illegal values (ie knowing Softboiled), it can be defined as "legal." It's just data in the game.

To obtain a Celebi with a GameShark, one must first obtain a GS Ball.
As mentioned somewhat above, the GS Ball has no affect on anything with Celebi. Its only purpose is to show that you've completed the game and passed the tests/games to earn the GS Ball.

activate a random glitch in Stadium 2
And if you manage to get the GS ball this way, you can't get Celebi with it.

On the other hand, Nintendo's Celebi Generators simply stick a Lv. 5 Celebi onto your party. ... BEING ABLE TO CATCH AS MANY AS YOU LIKE IS A KEY CHARACTERISTIC OF LEGAL POKéMON. ...
The same way Stadium2 slapped a Farfetch'd with Baton Pass on my game, right? I can't change its genes. I can't name it. Is it illegal? Or, am I able to bypass the set genes by reseting Stadium2 again and again, thereful nulling my point?

Also, a very large percentage of the game playing population cannot attend these tours. These people cannot even get one,
Of course, they're just mimicing what Japanese does with the machines. It's just harder when Japan's so small, and the rest of the planet's so big.

Getting your Celebi in Ilex Forest will give you a cute little Lv. 30 Grass-Psychic type, with your real ID number, Original Trainer name, and the ability to rename it. ... On the other hand, the Lv. 5 Celebi that are spat out of Nintendo's Celebi Generators have fake IDs, fake OTs, and cannot be renamed.
Drats. My Baton Pass Farfetch'd has a fake "Stadium" OT and an ID of something like "02000" or "02001." Fake, fake, fake! And the Name Rater won't rename it unless I start a new game, name my character "Stadium," and get the right ID No. Fake Farfetch'd!

Quite frankly, nothing jumps out and shouts "Look at me, I'm fake!" like an OT of 'YOSHIBB'. Or 'SAMUSBE' or whatever they were the last time.
Of course, the letters are to mark where the Pokémon came from in the world. It's apparently not as simple as the Japanese machined Pokémon with OTs of "Mario" "Peach" "Donkey" "Space" "World" "Osaka" etc.

However, you can breed it, and get little baby Spinarak that match your cartridge.
Drats. Can't breed my Farfetch'd for a Baton Pass Farfetch'd with my OT/ID. Fake Farfetch'd! ^_^

Nintendo's Celebi Generators can be used to place Celebi on Gold or Silver cartridges. CELEBI WERE NEVER AVAILABLE ON GOLD OR SILVER IN JAPAN.
Wrong. In Japan, there were Celebi giveaways for Gold/Silver, before Crystal even came out.

The Generators are clearly doing something illegal when they can generate a Celebi out of thin air on a cartridge that could not obtain it any other way.
So, um, every Mew caught with Gameshark is legal, due to being caught on the game, but the official ones are illegal Mews?
When Red/Green came out in Japan, the idea was for Mew to be a rare Pokémon, obtainable through promotions only (and trading for one from a promotion.) Celebi's the exact same. The only difference is that people with Crystal could get Celebi in a two month period. In other words, go to Japan tomorrow and buy Crystal. Play through it in a week. Do everything possible. Enjoy the Mobile Adapter. You're not going to get Celebi, though.

But if that's okay, why not GameShark?
I'm fine enough with people who use Gameshark for Mew, Celebi, and Pokémon not caught in their version of the game. However, I'd *prefer* is people would *trade* for the Pokémon that they need. But, that's a whole 'nother argument.
What I don't like is people wielding those FFFF Mew/Celebi. Sure, an FFFF gened Celebi is theoretically possible, but not Mew. But, again, that's a different argument.

A Pokémon is a Pokémon, and if the Japanese can catch and use Celebi, so can we.
In Japan, 40 players got Flying Pikachus. If those 40 have Flying Pikachus, so can I! *Reaches for Gameshark. Finds that he doesn't own one. Realizes that he never has nor ever will own one.* Ah, well, I don't need a Flying Pikachu, anyways ^_^

Never mind all the proof that says their Celebi Generators are just as bad, if not worse than GameShark.
I still can't comprehend why people say that the machines for Mew/Celebi are worse than Gameshark. They were designed to be the *only* way to get Mew/Celebi in Japan. Crystal did make Celebi slightly more available, but, again, that only lasted for two months, and you only had about 5~7 months to buy the game, and the Mobile Adapter, and complete the whole game to get your GS Ball.

-Nintendo of America are responsible for removing the Mobile Adapter option from Crystal, thus preventing English players from obtaining Celebi and destroying one of the main selling points of the game.
Naturally, I didn't buy Crystal for Celebi, as I assumed beforehand that it wouldn't be catchable. In fact, I even looked at Nintendo's strategy guide for Crystal, and saw an exclusion of any GS Ball/Celebi information, so I knew for fact beforehand that Celebi wouldn't be available.

-Nintendo of America are also responsible for not even attempting to get the Mobile Adapter off the ground. They took one look at it and decided too much work was involved.
I'm sure that the cost didn't affect anything. And, I really don't know if there're any English companies that'd bother doing all the work of "hosting" the data, like Data Center holds the Mobile Center data in Japan.

-Nintendo of America clearly has no conception of the nuances of selecting and training Pokémon (and by extrapolation, playing Pokémon) as seen by their Mew Generators. All 'Official' Mew have DVs of 5/10/1/12/5.
This was intended from the start. The point of Mew is that it is so rare that there's only one Mew (in captivity). So, the "Mew Machines" in Japan gave out these "set gene" Mews. Nintendo of America, etc., were being smart in keeping the set genes.

Nintendo took the time to randomize the ID numbers, but not the actual DVs, which are a thousand times more important. Who are they to decide what is legal and what is not?
Randomize? All it does it start at 00000 and increment the ID No. so that Mew has *some* sort of variety against the other Mews that are being handed out. Again, this is exactly how the Japanese version was. In fact, they probably just took the Japanese data for the mew/Celebi Machines and tweaked the RAM locations that it alters to fit the Engslih versions.

-Nintendo of America's input into Pokémon goes as far as translating the text. THAT'S IT.
However, they were *not* required to bring over the Mobile Adapter features. In fact, they didn't have to extend the Pokémon names, item names, etc. They could have brought us a glitchy Red/Green with "Bulb" "Charm" and "Sqrtl" as the starters. They could have taken the Battle Tower out of Crystal. Just a simple matter of redrawing the map. Why bother to have Gamefreak sent over a bunch of movesets for Battle Tower? Why program it to work without the Mobile Adapter? Why not just exclude it?

Creatures and Game Freak of Japan are the ones who create the game; who determine how it is to be played. And they are the ones who made Celebi available.
Creatures and Game Freak of Japan are the ones who create the game; who determine how it is to be played. And they are the ones who made Celebi Machines for Gold/Silver. They're the ones who made the Mobile Adapter features without any attention to whether or not they could be used outside of Japan.
And, for the curious, they (Gamefreak) ARE trying to figure out a way so that ANYONE in the world can link with ANYONE in the world. They want to find a way to allow ANYONE to battle, regardless of location or version/language.

Nintendo of America making it unavailable are simply middlemen, meddling with the finished product.
Evil Nintendo. Giving us the Battle Tower and the Odd Egg, but exlcuding Celebi. How dare you people go *out of your way* to give us ONLY two out of three features! ^_^

The Celebi Generators are 'officially endorsed' by Nintendo of America; NOT by Creatures or Game Freak or Nintendo of Japan or by any company that matters.
You mean that you never heard of the Mew/Celebi/Surfing Pikachu/Flying Pikachu giveaways? How do you think the Mews in the Tokyo/Osaka Pokémon Centers are distributed? Go to Japan, take a Japanese Green version. It'll put onto your game a Mew with the set genes, and an OT of "Tokyo" or "Osaka," depending on which "trainer" (read: location) you got it from.

Therefore, the one argument for the legality of the 'Official' Celebi has been proven moot ...
So, you mean that Gamefreak intended to have Mews and Celebis only available through special machines, but those machines give out illegal Mew/Celebi?

BOTH ARE FAKE.
There are no "fake" Pokémon. It's all in how you obtained the Pokémon. The data is still the data.

As a finishing comment: any !s used were to show an exclamation. Any ALL CAPS were to streess that word, similair to using italics. Likewise with words inbetween two *s. None of this was meant to be read as me yelling, as I don't yell, and I had fun typing this responce ^_^

If you would like to know more about Data Center and its services, their website can be found at: http://www.datacenter.ne.jp/ These are the people that store the "Mobile Center" data for Pokémon Crystal.

--Meowth346

- - - - -
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 08:56 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Why the Japanese will always be superior."

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 10:24 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whee, beaten to hell by Meowth. Yippie.

16 responses in an afternoon... Not bad either.

If you want to get techinical about it, though, as long as Celebi's data doesn't have any illegal values (ie knowing Softboiled), it can be defined as "legal." It's just data in the game.

The PCC is still in Crystal, isn't it? Show it to me without using a GameShark.

As mentioned somewhat above, the GS Ball has no affect on anything with Celebi. Its only purpose is to show that you've completed the game and passed the tests/games to earn the GS Ball.

Okay, this has been noted.

The same way Stadium2 slapped a Farfetch'd with Baton Pass on my game, right? I can't change its genes. I can't name it. Is it illegal? Or, am I able to bypass the set genes by reseting Stadium2 again and again, thereful nulling my point?

You raise an excellent point with the Baton Pass Farfetch'd, as well as Earthquake Gligar and Amnesia Psyduck. However, YES, you can get as many as you like. The fact that you'd have to be some kind of sick bastard to restart the entire game just for a better Farfetch'd, Gligar or Psyduck is irrelevant. God knows the second one would be worse. ^_^

Of course, they're just mimicing what Japanese does with the machines. It's just harder when Japan's so small, and the rest of the planet's so big.

They're dropping their machines in a few big cities. While it may be acceptable to do this in Japan, seeing as how everyone is two hours from everywhere else, it certainly isn't in North America. Japan is roughly the size of Newfoundland, I believe, and it only takes five or six hours by slow car to get from one side to the other (and Newfoundland is almost triangular, not stretched like Japan is). It'd take a week for me to get to Montreal from here, the closest likely place to ever host a Generator. And lots of other people live in places equally far, or farther, away. So, they certainly aren't mimicing what they do in Japan, because here, 90-95% of the population doesn't get one.

Drats. Can't breed my Farfetch'd for a Baton Pass Farfetch'd with my OT/ID. Fake Farfetch'd! ^_^

No, but you CAN breed the Pokémon. It may not have the move, but you can still get more.

Wrong. In Japan, there were Celebi giveaways for Gold/Silver, before Crystal even came out.

This has also been noted.

So, um, every Mew caught with Gameshark is legal, due to being caught on the game, but the official ones are illegal Mews?

Mew was never able to be caught in-game, so an 'Official' Mew is about as legal as you can get it. The point of this essay was never to condemn the Official Celebi as being completely illegal, but to point out that using GameShark to get one (through the Sequence) is not nearly as heinious a crime as some people make it out to be.

(And that probably isn't how you spell 'heinious' but I don't have time to look it up.)

In Japan, 40 players got Flying Pikachus. If those 40 have Flying Pikachus, so can I! *Reaches for Gameshark. Finds that he doesn't own one. Realizes that he never has nor ever will own one.* Ah, well, I don't need a Flying Pikachu, anyways ^_^

I thought all the big-time researchers used GameShark to speed up testing and analysis... Heh! Oh well.

You mean there really are Flying Pikachu? *gag* Well, they're limited to those 40, so if you didn't get one, I guess you'll have to put Fly on your Charizard & Zapdos. There's no limit on the Pokémon the Generators can turn out. Everyone in Japan had the opportunity to get a Celebi. We should have gotten it too.

I still can't comprehend why people say that the machines for Mew/Celebi are worse than Gameshark. They were designed to be the *only* way to get Mew/Celebi in Japan. Crystal did make Celebi slightly more available, but, again, that only lasted for two months, and you only had about 5~7 months to buy the game, and the Mobile Adapter, and complete the whole game to get your GS Ball.

People? You mean someone has suggested this idea before me?

...It's official. We're all doomed. ^_^

I also seriously doubt that those two months will be the last they'll ever see of Celebi. I'm sure someone in NoJ's marketing department will come up with a good reason to give it another go soon enough.

This was intended from the start. The point of Mew is that it is so rare that there's only one Mew (in captivity). So, the "Mew Machines" in Japan gave out these "set gene" Mews. Nintendo of America, etc., were being smart in keeping the set genes.

There's only one Mew in captivity, while each machine pumps out ten thousand of them every day? Whee, conflicting logic!

However, they were *not* required to bring over the Mobile Adapter features. In fact, they didn't have to extend the Pokémon names, item names, etc. They could have brought us a glitchy Red/Green with "Bulb" "Charm" and "Sqrtl" as the starters. They could have taken the Battle Tower out of Crystal. Just a simple matter of redrawing the map. Why bother to have Gamefreak sent over a bunch of movesets for Battle Tower? Why program it to work without the Mobile Adapter? Why not just exclude it?

Making the names fit is part of translating it. And NoA isn't *completely* retarded (although they sometimes seem to like to give the impression that they are)- without the Battle Tower, Crystal really WOULD be the next Yellow. I'm sure they heard enough complaining about that to last them for a few years yet.

And as for the Odd Egg, yeah, I bet that was hard to code in. Even harder was skewing the ratio so most people got 0000's. None of the Pokémon involved have any real use for Dizzy Punch anyway, but people who like shinies would have gotten a big kick out of it.

I've got an essay about how Celebi isn't a Super Legendary like some people seem to believe, too. Maybe I should post that.
~Uiru, in case you haven't figured it out by now, absolutely adores Celebi

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-27-2001 11:07 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's just data in the game.
The PCC is still in Crystal, isn't it? Show it to me without using a GameShark.
By data, I was refering to the data of a Celebi that you have. The same as a Pikachu or Charizard that's with you is just data. I *do* have a Gameshark code to enter the PCC, but things are kinda' messy in there with this code.

They're dropping their machines in a few big cities. While it may be acceptable to do this in Japan, seeing as how everyone is two hours from everywhere else, it certainly isn't in North America.[/b]
What I was trying to say is that in Japan, they use the Machines, and leave a couple at the huge cities. However, having the Celebi events at Six Flags, for example, covers by far a lot more places then giving out Celebis at Space Word, but the US of A is so large that a smaller ratio of people can get to Six Flags to get a Celebi. Wasn't there talk of a Pokémon Center to be built in New York with a permanent Mew Machine? Gotta' find out where I read about that...

... to point out that using GameShark to get one (through the Sequence) is not nearly as heinious a crime as some people make it out to be.
Of course, by this logic, I'd also say that using a Gameshark to run into a Level30 Celebi in the wild is fine enough. As soon as I get Celebi, I'll cherish it more than any Gameshark'd Celebi, but that's just me.

I thought all the big-time researchers used GameShark to speed up testing and analysis... Heh! Oh well.
Naw, I made more use of my money quite some time ago to buy an X-Changer-like device. It, NO$GMB, and a hex editing program are the ultimate researching tools. *Points to list of Odd Egg %s on his site, wihch required only a hex editor to find the data for, whereas a Gameshark wouldn't have found the data.*

You mean there really are Flying Pikachu?
Yup. Why do you think that it shows a Flying Pikachu in yellow's opening? Why do you think that Fly's legal on Pikachu in the Stadiums? ^_^

Everyone in Japan had the opportunity to get a Celebi. We should have gotten it too.
Don't misunderstand my logic, but everyone in America has "an opportunity" to get Celebi at Six Flags, right? But, then again, that's not much of a point for me to try to get across when you compare buying Crystal in America and not getting Celebi, and with buying Crystal and the Mobile Adapter in Japan, then getting Celebi (and still having the Mobile Adapter to use with Mobile Golf and other games!)

I still can't comprehend why people say that the machines for Mew/Celebi are worse than Gameshark.
People? You mean someone has suggested this idea before me?
Well, I've seen people say that the Mew and Celebis from Nintendo's machines are "illegal" because Nintendo's machines are just "gamesharks." I don't like when people say it like that. Now, say, "The Mew Machine and Gameshark are similair in that they both alter RAM," that's more acceptable, although the Machines are designed more like in the Pokémon Stadium games when you move a Pokémon to your party from Oak's PC in White City.

I also seriously doubt that those two months will be the last they'll ever see of Celebi.
I, too, expect the GS Ball to be made available again. I'm just waiting to see when it happens again.
One thing that I'm kinda' upset about with Nintendo is that they haven't (as far as I know) thought to have a "GS Ball" giveaway. What would a "GS Ball" giveaway be? Your game would be put in a Mew Machine-esque machine, it would add the "GS BALL" item to your Special Items in Crystal, and it would alter the bit of data so that Kurt will take the GS Ball (which is a simple 00000000 to 01000000 if I remember right).

There's only one Mew in captivity, while each machine pumps out ten thousand of them every day? Whee, conflicting logic! :D
Okay, bad wording on my part ^_^;; I'm trying to sayt hat everyone's supposedly getting copies oof the same Mew, so that's why they hold the same genes.
Think of it this way, then: Cinnabar Mansion housed the cloning of "ten thousand Mews every day" before they created Mewtwo ^_^

Making the names fit is part of translating it.
Gee, I wish that they'd do that for other games. Have you seen the poor work put into Harvest Moon on SNES and Harvest Moon 1 on GBC? Sure, they *could* have redrawn menus to fit more letters in on Harvest Moon, and Breath of Fire, etc., but that wasn't part of the transaltions. Do you know how hard it is to put the name "Chris" into a 4 letter space? ^_^

...without the Battle Tower, Crystal really WOULD be the next Yellow.
Yes, now it's Yellow with a built-in Stadium ^_^

And as for the Odd Egg, yeah, I bet that was hard to code in.
Actually, the coding for that is very simply done. In fact, it's so simple, that it's very sloppy. They took a potential required 60 bytes of data and used 600 bytes of data, or something like that. I don't remember how much space was used/required, exactly, though.

--Meowth346

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 08-27-2001 11:40 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

I, too, expect the GS Ball to be made available again. I'm just waiting to see when it happens again.

Hopefully not very long. The Mobile-Adapter and GS ball sequences are left in the game. Probably when you first use the adapter, when it is released on our shores, it'll (permanently) transform the Goldenrod Pokemon Center.

I'm trying to say that everyone's supposedly getting copies of the same Mew, so that's why they hold the same genes.
Hardly copies when you consider that the machines' purpose is just to alter RAM.

And as for the Odd Egg, yeah, I bet that was hard to code in.
They took a potential required 60 bytes of data and used 600 bytes of data, or something like that. I don't remember how much space was used/required, exactly, though.

That's 672 bytes: 48 bytes for each Odd Egg Pokemon.

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 01:10 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course, by this logic, I'd also say that using a Gameshark to run into a Level30 Celebi in the wild is fine enough. As soon as I get Celebi, I'll cherish it more than any Gameshark'd Celebi, but that's just me.

My favorite Celebi will be the one I can name 'Razzly'. ^_^ How I get it is inconsequential. And if it happens to have DV's not unlike my Exeggutor (11/13/15/15), better still. There'll be lots of Masterballs thrown in Ilex Forest...

Yes, now it's Yellow with a built-in Stadium ^_^

Hah! Stadium was never that cheap.

Of course, Yellow never let you play as a girl. Hee hee hee. (/Uiru is weird)

Gee, I wish that they'd do that for other games. Have you seen the poor work put into Harvest Moon on SNES and Harvest Moon 1 on GBC? Sure, they *could* have redrawn menus to fit more letters in on Harvest Moon, and Breath of Fire, etc., but that wasn't part of the transaltions. Do you know how hard it is to put the name "Chris" into a 4 letter space? ^_^

Well, Pokémon is Nintendo's big cash cow right now; I suppose they'd want it to look nice. (The items in the BoF games are absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what half of them even are. Most of them appear to be a random collection of letters thrown together.) And having to deal with 6-letter space names is probably what caused me to start referring to myself as Will instead of William... Which is good. Years of being 'Will' in all the games has that effect.

(And besides, Uiriamu is just weird. ^_^)

Actually, the coding for that is very simply done. In fact, it's so simple, that it's very sloppy. They took a potential required 60 bytes of data and used 600 bytes of data, or something like that. I don't remember how much space was used/required, exactly, though.

That was sarcasm. Maybe I've been playing with RPG Maker for too long, but I can't imagine putting the Odd Egg code into the daycare any harder than just moving a few lines of code. As I said, more work probably went into shagging the ratio.

(Not that it was all that great to begin with. In Japan, you have a 50/50 chance of your Pokémon being borderline useless, and completely useless. Now, you might as well not bother with it.)

And giving away the GS Balls would make the MOST sense, and would give way to Uiru-definition 'legal' Celebis. (And, as we all know, if Uiru hasn't defined it, it's not worth defining. ^_~) But waiting for that idea to occur to Nintendo would be like waiting for the Second Coming.

And lastly... Is it possible for ID numbers to go over 65536? I remember, while reverse-engineering the time change password, that it was really strange how the program's output made it seem that the password used different bytes if it went over 65536. Under that, and the numbers are two binary bytes, but over it and everything shifts up and the program ignores the rightmost nybble.

I want to code my own program for this, but I can already see it being obscenely complicated and I don't want to have to bother with shifting some nybbles and ignoring others.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

cursed_snorlax
Farting Nudist
Member # 2044

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 02:04 AM      Profile for cursed_snorlax   Email cursed_snorlax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
here in holland you MUST gameshark to get mew and celbi. or you never get them. here the dont give tours to give celbi/mew away.
with other words back here in holland you can never complete your pokedex without shark.

- - - - -
come to the #BN_pokéchat on Mirc.
tell your frends to :)

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 07:31 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First of all, this should have gone in either Azure PC or Sakaki Tower.

The Japanese obtained it through their Mobile Adapters; were it not for Nintendo of America's idiocy, we would all have legal access to a GS Ball ourselves.

It's not Nintendo's fault that Western cell phone systems work differently.

BEING ABLE TO CATCH AS MANY AS YOU LIKE IS A KEY CHARACTERISTIC OF LEGAL POKéMON.

No, it has nothing to do with that. Anyway, by that definition Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, the Legendary Birds/Cats, the special-move Stadium gift Pokemon, and the Japanese method for getting Celebi are all illegal, since you can only get one of each of those Pokemon.

Whether the Pokemon's OT/ID matches your own is also irrelevant. By that logic, it was illegal to use Jynx before GSC came out.

Quite frankly, nothing jumps out and shouts "Look at me, I'm fake!" like an OT of 'YOSHIBB'.

If the trainer is even slightly knowledgable, "YOSHIBB" looks authentic and "MyName" looks fake.

The Generators are clearly doing something illegal when they can generate a Celebi out of thin air on a cartridge that could not obtain it any other way. But if that's okay, why not GameShark?

The same thing applies to Mew, but it was GameFreak's intention that you have to go to a Nintendo event to get one. Since the Mobile Adaptor is incompatible with North American cellular system, they used the same method for Celebi. And as Meowth346 noted, there were Celebi giveaways by the same method before Crystal came out.

A Pokémon is a Pokémon, and if the Japanese can catch and use Celebi, so can we.

So you think it's okay for us to have a Flying Raichu, too?

Nintendo [of America] took the time to randomize the ID numbers, but not the actual DVs

It was the same thing in Japan.

Or any of the dozens of examples of stupid names given to the Pokémon and attacks.

Oh yeah, like none of the Japanese names were stupid. Freeze/Fire, anyone?

The Celebi Generators are 'officially endorsed' by Nintendo of America; NOT by Creatures or Game Freak or Nintendo of Japan or by any company that matters.

NoA and NoJ are, for all intents and purposes, the exact same entity. NoA does nothing but market the games outside of Japan. If they had decided to keep the Mobile Adaptor in the English release, it would have been NoJ/GameFreak that did all the extra programming. Basically, you're claiming that NoJ/GameFreak are the "lazy" ones.

Furthermore, it's quite possible that some version the Mobile Adaptor will be available for us at a later date, as evidenced by how the catching Celebi sequence is programmed into the English version.

And lots of other people live in places equally far, or farther, away. So, they certainly aren't mimicing what they do in Japan, because here, 90-95% of the population doesn't get one.

And that is most certainly not Nintendo's fault.

I also seriously doubt that those two months will be the last they'll ever see of Celebi. I'm sure someone in NoJ's marketing department will come up with a good reason to give it another go soon enough.

And I seriously doubt that Six Flags was our last chance to get Celebi here.

And lastly... Is it possible for ID numbers to go over 65536?

No. The ID number is stored in two bytes, which allows a maximum value of 65,535.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 08:38 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uiru: The following is an explanation that will attempt to convince the reader that activating the Celebi Sequence through GameShark is actually *MORE* legal than Nintendo's Celebi Generator.

This is nonsense.

Who are they to decide what is legal and what is not?

They are, in fact, The Final Word in what is legal and what is not.

I understand your point and all, but it's a lot of fuss about nothing. There are a number of things about Pokemon that are "unfair", but that's just how the game is. You don't get to make up your own rules just because you don't like them.

These elaborate justifications for cheating with a Game Shark all strike me as pretty weak.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 12:58 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
About the flying Pikachus. I know they were in Japan, but, did they teach Fly to one of your already caught Pikachus or did they trade/install a Pikachu on your catridge with Fly?

Thanks,
-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 01:02 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why do you think Nintendo went through the trouble of translating all the stuff (Celebi Sequence) into English? Is it cause it was easier than to totally erase it and because of the 1 in 80 zillion chance they might actually use it someday?

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 01:06 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, it has nothing to do with that. Anyway, by that definition Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, the Legendary Birds/Cats, the special-move Stadium gift Pokemon, and the Japanese method for getting Celebi are all illegal, since you can only get one of each of those Pokemon.

They are not illegal on the grounds that if you own more than one catridge you can catch them on each catridge, and, for the die hard fan, start a game, catch them, trade them over somewhere else or to an N64 Box on Stadium and restart again. You can restart your game 39673248 times and NEVER get CELEBI! Big difference!

-MK

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 02:06 PM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:

They are not illegal on the grounds that if you own more than one catridge you can catch them on each catridge, and, for the die hard fan, start a game, catch them, trade them over somewhere else or to an N64 Box on Stadium and restart again. You can restart your game 39673248 times and NEVER get CELEBI! Big difference!

-MK

I think what Uiru means by that point is that you can save the game before you fight a legendary, capture it and check it's DV's, if they suck then you can turn off the game and try again

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-28-2001 09:09 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course, Yellow never let you play as a girl. Hee hee hee.
Yes, but Yellow let Pikachu follow you, while Crystal doesn't ^_^

Also, my mention of Breath of Fire was kinda' a mistake on my part--Squaresoft handled that translation. But, Nintendo does Harvest Moon's translation, right? Nya, I donno' without looking it up ^_^;;

And lastly... Is it possible for ID numbers to go over 65536?
ID Nos. are two bytes. 0000h~FFFFh. 00000~65535. Er, but that's mentioned above, already ^_^

I want to code my own program for this, but I can already see it being obscenely complicated
I saw a program for this before Gold/Silver "officially" came out. I saw a program for this that works with the English and German Gold/Silver games. There are too many programs for this.

Originally posted by White Cat:
by that definition ... are all illegal, since you can only get one of each of those Pokemon.
I think that Uiru's trying to point out that you can catch Mewtwo. If you don't like its stats, youc an reset and catch another. If you don't like your Celebi's stats, you can merely hope that the guy at the machine lets you get another. If you don't like your Mew's stats, well, too bad! ^_^

Whether the Pokemon's OT/ID matches your own is also irrelevant. By that logic, it was illegal to use Jynx before GSC came out.
Actually, since Jynx was catchable in the Japanese Blue, before we had our Red/Blue, it would have been as legal to "obatain" a Jynx in the Wild in the Englsih versions as it is legal to have a Flying Pikachu in an Englsih version ^_^ (Note: Don't take this one by me seriously.)

If the trainer is even slightly knowledgable, "YOSHIBB" looks authentic and "MyName" looks fake.
I may be wrong, but, again, I think that the intention was, "Will" is a name, but who goes around by the name "Yoshibb?" Maybe it's "Yoshi B. B." shortened ^_^

So you think it's okay for us to have a Flying Raichu, too?
I still want one for a fun "Rain Dance, Surf, Thunder, Fly" Pikachu/Raichu ^_^

Oh yeah, like none of the Japanese names were stupid. Freeze/Fire, anyone?
Rfering to the legendaries? The only problem that I have with their names are Thunder and Thunders ^_^ (Note: Thunder=Zapdos, Thunders=Jolteon) I like their Japanese names, though. It's kinda like how out birds have Spanish in heir names--it's just using a different language to name them. "Freezer" may not sound like much of a name to Engslih speakers, but to Japanese speakers, it's the equivalent of if our Articuno was called "Reitouki" (Yes, that's intended as a joke! ^_^) Er, but, then, I suppose that most people don't want to have to learn names like "Reitouki" for their Pokémon...

Furthermore, it's quite possible that some version the Mobile Adaptor will be available for us at a later date, as evidenced by how the catching Celebi sequence is programmed into the English version.
However, that requires getting the GS Ball in the PokéCom Center, and not all of the PokéCom Center has been translated.

MK, as far as I know, Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pikachu were put onto the game like with Nintendo Power's "Suring Pikachu" contest from before Stadium was out in English. It'd be too much trouble to overwrite an attack because then you might overwrite an HM, which are supposed to be there forever (ie pre-Gold/Silver times), or they might overwrite a strong attack (ie Thunderbolt) that Pikachu can't get again (again, ie pre-Stadium2 times).

As one final note on getting more Legendaries: it only takes two hours to Dodrio Mode through Red/Blue. Just start your game, trade a Pokémon to Stadium2 where you Iron, Carbos, Rare Candy it to a good level, then HM it as needed (ie Surf on Squirtle, Cut on Bulbasaur, Flash/Fly on Charmander/Chariazard), and you'll be at Mewtwo in no time ^_^

--Meowth346

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 10:11 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reitouki would be an AWESOME name.

And while Thunder and Thunders look ridiculously similar to us, Thunders has a whole new 'zu' sound on the end. Sandaa, Sandaazu. (Maybe it's a su? I'm certainly not an expert on this.) I'm sure you, Meowth, knew that, I'm just pointing it out for anyone who didn't.

It's sort of like Mariru and Mariruri.

And I think that between having that horrid yellow rat following me around, and playing as a super-cutie, I'd go for the latter. ^_^

You can catch Jynx in Blue? Heh. (Our Blue game is identical to the Green game, right? The Green version wasn't selling well, so NoA went with the Red and Blue versions... Over here, the Blue version sold better, but it was the carbon copy of the Green version. I guess people like the color Blue more than Green. ^_^)

And you don't even need that much to hammer Red/Blue. Just get good old Squirtle on the go. All you need is something that learns Cut. Teach it Bubblebeam, Ice Beam, Dig, Strength and Surf (over Bubblebeam) and you're golden. If your Cutter can learn Strength, good on ya. It will be powerful enough to beat Surge and Erika easily.

Edit: Lastly, I thought someone said that 100% of the game's text had been translated. Wouldn't that include everything in the PCC?
~Uiru

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 11:01 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if the entire Crystal game isn't translated, I guess Nintendo could program the mobile adapter that upon being hooked up to a Crystal Catridge for the first time to rewrite the untranslated code... That's gotta be possible right?

But, we'd need a US Mobile Adapater first... which, if Nintendo had half a brain... etc...

-MK

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-28-2001 11:51 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by MK:
Well, if the entire Crystal game isn't translated, I guess Nintendo could program the mobile adapter that upon being hooked up to a Crystal Catridge for the first time to rewrite the untranslated code... That's gotta be possible right?

The game's data (inside the game pak) is called ROM. Read-Only Memory. This means that you can't alter (write to) the data, only read (from) it.

--Meowth346

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 01:20 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But wouldn't it be possible for the mobile adaptor add-on to take the untranslated information and decode it and re-interprete it on the fly?

I'd assume that would create a fair amount of lag between systems though

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 11:23 AM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The ideal situation:

Nintendo apologizes to everyone for leaving the Mobile Adapter capability out of Crystal, makes new Pokémon Crystal cartridges with the PCC fully translated, and "upgrades" everyone's Pokémon Crystal games by transfering the save file to the new game and taking the old one.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's another important point:

Number of bytes that must be altered to get the true Celebi Sequence: 2

Number of bytes that must be altered to upload Celebi from an NOA Celebi Machine: 40

I'd like to see anyone from NOA defend that. "Oh yeah, it's legal for you to use something that WE had to alter 40 lines of HEX to get on the cartridge, but we aren't going to let you alter just 2 lines to get the TRUE Celebi, one that shows up on the Pokemon Seer's data as a L30 caught in Ilex, no, no, no."

I respond to this with one of my own catchphrases:

"I have nothing against hypocrisy--except when other people use it." (j/k)

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-29-2001 07:16 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Number of bytes that must be altered to get the true Celebi Sequence: 2

Acutally, only 1 bit needs to be altered. ^_^

--Meowth346

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 08:16 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolt135: I'd like to see anyone from NOA defend that. "Oh yeah, it's legal for you to use something that WE had to alter 40 lines of HEX to get on the cartridge, but we aren't going to let you alter just 2 lines to get the TRUE Celebi, one that shows up on the Pokemon Seer's data as a L30 caught in Ilex, no, no, no."

They make the rules.

End of line.

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 05:32 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr. K: Then they show themselves as hypocrites. Everyone (not just us) will hate NOA. Pokemon will go out of commision. Nintendo goes broke. Everyone at Azure dies of boredom.

See where this is going? I severely doubt Nintendo will ever answer this question.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolt135: Everyone (not just us) will hate NOA. Pokemon will go out of commision. Nintendo goes broke. Everyone at Azure dies of boredom.

None of this will happen.

I severely doubt Nintendo will ever answer this question.

They don't have to.

On top of that, what they are doing is not even out of line. Just admit that you are trying to justify your personal desire to cheat.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.