The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Another Code Request

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Code Request
Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2001 07:17 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've searched all over this forum, but I couldn't find a straight answer to these two questions:

How do you get the legal max stats for a pokemon (gameshark codes) for Crystal?

How do you make the pokemon have max stat experience (gameshark codes) Crystal?

Please answer these questions to the best of your abilities. If they have been answered before, please send me a link.

Thanks in advance!

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2001 10:28 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duh, just look a couple posts below this one. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000726
Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2001 11:13 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your help, Icehawk. However, there is ONE little bitty problem:

I don't know how to convert hexadecimal digits into regular gamesharks codes!

However, your help is much appreciated. I am somewhat of a nOOb at this. Can some1 please help me/send me a link for converting Hexadecimals into Gameshark codes?

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 08-23-2001 11:29 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gameshark codes ARE hex digits. A Gameshark code modifies one part of the RAM. For instance, the code 0188D7DC changes the RAM address DCD7 by giving it a value of 88. To illustrate:

code:

RAM address DCD7
| |
---- ||
Gameshark code 0188D7DC
|
|
|

New value DCD7=88

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: poccil ]

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 08-24-2001 09:32 AM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what I meant; I had to type it up quickly.

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2001 10:32 AM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Currently, I am a nOOb at this buisness. Therefore, I know NOTHING whatsoever.

How does it transform DCD7 into 88?

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2001 12:03 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Magic
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 09-08-2001 04:00 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DCD7 is a memory address, like the name of a variable, and 88 is the value (in hexidecimal) that the Shark sets it to, like the value of that variable. It directly changes the bits (binary values) that make up DCD7.

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: oporaca ]

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.