The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Crystal Gameshark Codes here

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crystal Gameshark Codes here
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2001 01:41 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Edit] I have now updated the list of codes to include Some in-battle codes

Hex Positions in Pokémon Crystal:

NOTES TO EVERYBODY: These codes are in hex positioning, not normal gameshark code format. However, I am too lazy to explain the n00b way how to convert them, so I'm gonna try to look smart:

All the hex codes are in the form ABCD; To make them GS codes, you make it 01XXCDAB. If you don't understand, somebody else can explain it better, I hope. Now, onto the codes!

Note: Species mod #1
If less than 6 are in team, add 1 to the number of pokémon, and make that slot "FF", and make all other slots afterwards be "00"

AKA 'Out of battle species mod'

DCD8 - First pokémon species mod #1
DCD9 - Second pokémon species mod #1
DCDA - Third pokémon species mod #1
DCDB - Fourth pokémon species mod #1
DCDC - Fifth pokémon species mod #1
DCDD - Sixth pokémon species mod #1
DCDE - Must be value FF

First Pokémon codes:

DCDF - Species mod #2 (must be same as mod #1) AKA 'In battle species mod' or 'Egg mod'
DCE0 - Item held
DCE1, 2, 3, 4 - Moves 1, 2, 3, 4, respectively
DCE5, 6 - Pokémon's Trainer ID No.
DCE7, 8, 9 - Experience Modifier (The one that you see the little bar for)

Note: These are for stat exp., not normal exp.

DCEA, B - HP Experience
DCEC, D - Attack Experience
DCEE, F - Defense Experience
DCF0, 1 - Speed Experience
DCF2, 3 - Special Experience

DCF4 - Attack IV (tens digit) and Defense IV (units digit) [I.E. a value of '0F' is 0 att IV, and 15 def IV]
DCF5 - Speed IV (tens digit) and Special IV (units digit) [I.E a value of '0F' is 0 spd IV and 15 spc IV]
DCF6, 7, 8, 9 - Remaining PP Moves 1 - 4
DCFA - Happiness mod.
DCFB - Pokérus mod.
DCFC - Location caught
DCFD - Hour caught
DCFE - Level Modifier (Won't stay after boxing)
DCFF - Status Modifier

Note: The following codes will NOT hold up after boxing your pokemon, or doing anything that recalculates stats

DD00, 1 - Remaining HP (Oops, this one might...)
DD02, 3 - Max HP
DD04, 5 - Attack
DD06, 7 - Defense
DD08, 9 - Speed
DD0A, B - Special Defense
DD0C, D - Special Attack

*** I could list all the codes for the other five pokémon, but I am too lazy to do so. If you must know, they all follow the same pattern, just take off where I left. ***

Other Codes:

In Battle Codes:

--Your current Pokémon--

C62E, F, C630, 1 - Moves
C634, 5, 6, 7 - Remaining PP
C63C, D - Remaining HP
C63E, F - Max HP

--Enemy's Pokémon--

D204 - Wild Pokémon Modifier
D205 - Coloring (corresponding hex digits for which pokémon's color you want)
D206 - picture
<Unconfirmed>
D207 - ???
D208, 9, A, B - Moves
D211 - Hapiness Modifier
D212 - Pokerus Modifier
D213 - Enemy Level
</Unconfirmed>

D22D - Battle type (02 for trainer, 01 for wild)

Character Modifiers:

D4D9 - Character Sprite Modifier ?
D4DA - ?
D4DB - Transperancy Modifier ?
D4DC - Character Color Modifier

Notes to self: Value 'FF' Makes whole body transparent, '12' walks on, not in grass, 00 is normal

DC7C - 1st Phone No.

Item Codes:

D692 - No. of Items
D693 - Item 1
D694 - Item 1 Quantity
D8BC - No. of Key Items

Credits: I used previous gameshark codes for g/s to make these, so everyone who helped make some of the first g/s gs codes, and me

Also, I do NOT claim to have come up with these codes first [meowth346 are you listening?] just by myself. I did NOT take these from anyone, but other people may have found them first. All codes were created solely using No$Gmb and dumb luck.

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: IceHawk78 ]

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2001 03:43 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So they scooted everything around by 2B5 bytes when they recompiled it?

Or is their something else here?

If that's all they did, then it's as easy as getting yellow codes from red and blue.

There have to be some exceptions, probably...

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2001 04:02 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
So they jusst scooted everything by 2B5 bytes?

Not completely. For groups of codes, once you've found out where one is, like the pokemon modifier codes, the rest are all there. Unfortunately, It's not as simple as it sounds. Like for the Character modifiers, it's 2DA. But you've got the idea.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 05:40 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you IceHawk78. It's nice to have researchers who can figure out hex code (if I knew how I would too) and actually SHARE their findings with others...

-MK

Subtallica
Farting Nudist
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 08:23 PM      Profile for Subtallica     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
how about a Crystal Codes for Dummies

- - - - -
The ingorance in your words merely reflects your own ignorance - MK

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 11:25 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you IceHawk78. It's nice to have researchers who can figure out hex code (if I knew how I would too) and actually SHARE their findings with others...

Well, considering the fact that I came up with most of these on my own, I was just pretty damn PROUD that I actually did it correctly. However, I must say that if I figure out Meowth346's Celebi code, I may be a bit hesitant to release it, but if I had some savegames and/or savestates for no$gmb (which is how I figure out all my codes) then I might be able to find it easier (hint hint) and be more likely to share it...
quote:
how about a Crystal Codes for Dummies
You know, I might think about that, but oh darn, IGN books won't let me use their copywrited name. Darn.
Also, anybody that has any help to offer I will gladly accept and give credit to in all reports of these codes.

On one final note, if anyone knows or has seen any of the event modifier codes, that would also help the celebi event finding too. (The event modifiers would be like 'rebattle gym leaders', get all stater pokemon', etc...)

P.S. Does anyone know what I have to do to not be an annelid, or whatever I am now? To advance? Thanx

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: IceHawk78 ]

PikaCharma
I scanned my boobs and then said I was leaving and never coming back. OOPS!
Member # 2026

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 11:43 PM      Profile for PikaCharma   Author's Homepage   Email PikaCharma   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IceHawk78:
Also, I do NOT claim to have come up with these codes first [meowth346 are you listening?] just by myself.

Way cool! Yay, there's a way to make my Eevee happy without getting him stoned off his fuzzy little ass with Pokedrugs. Thanks for posting these and sharing your findings.

quote:
However, I must say that if I figure out Meowth346's Celebi code, I may be a bit hesitant to release it

Just wondering, but...why? Why the desire to keep this code such a secret? People are sharking Celebi anyways. Why the need to keep people from activating the sequence?

EDIT: To get a Katydid ranking, all ya gotta do is post 25 times.

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: PikaCharma ]

- - - - -
Pikacharma's Bottomless Pit -- Vote 4 Mike, see a dead Togepi, and take the Pokemon Purity test!

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something made up to scare us kids, like the boogieman or Michael Jackson." -- Bart Simpson

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 05:13 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The fact that nobody else knows it, and there is good resoning that I saw on his site for not disclosing it. However, if I get help, I will certainly give that person the code.
Exatron
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2070

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 06:54 PM      Profile for Exatron   Email Exatron   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know the code to trigger the GS ball sequence.

The code to make Kurt take the GS ball is 914089DA. The code to make him give you the GS ball is 91C089DA.

- - - - -
"Peace through tyranny!" -Megatron

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 10:54 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ack! I didn't want to be told! Damn... Now I need to find something else to do...
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 02:43 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IceHawk78:
Ack! I didn't want to be told! Damn... Now I need to find something else to do...

Take up politics, perhaps?

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 11:55 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Take up politics, perhaps?

Politics? Nah... At least not until I'm old enough to be voted for as the prez.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.