The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Concerning the Shiny Ditto trick.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerning the Shiny Ditto trick.
MidgetSnowman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1400

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 08:43 PM      Profile for MidgetSnowman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
as of late, I've been thinking of this idea. flame me if its been tried before.

anyways. Since the Shiny Ditto trick copies the Shiny DVs over to Ditto, wouldnt you be able to use this same glitch to copy max DVs over to a Ditto? and by that same idea, wouldnt ANY max dv Pokemon with mimic be sufficient for the code. (im curious because I heard once a few months ago that a Ditto with a certain set of DVs gives a better chance of Max DV Pokemon bred out, and therefore wanted to know if in theory, any DV set is copiable.)

- - - - -
cuz otherwise i'm insanely obese, have no friends, and wet my ebd. on top of it i farm pigs in malaysia, and strip for strange men and nickles.

From: Sedalia,MO, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 09:26 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whut?
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-11-2001 10:40 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. And yes.

--Meowth346

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 01:42 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MidgetSnowman, just to give you a lending hand and explain something about breeding that is really frickin easy to understand when explain in simplistic terms and none of that hex upper bit crap, here is some useful information...

When breeding with a Ditto, you can have a nice little influence over what the baby's DVs will be, all it takes is the right Ditto though...

Using Ditto for your breeding needs can give you total control over the baby's defense DV and semi-control over it's special DV.

Here's how it works. (This applies to anything that successfully breeds with a Ditto)

The baby automatically gets the Ditto's Defense DV.

The baby has a 50/50 chance of the following happening.
*Automatically getting the Ditto's Special DV.
*Getting the Ditto's Special DV plus or minus 8.

What does this mean? This means that if your Ditto has the following DVs.

Attack: 7
Defense: 13
Speed: 12
Special: 5

The baby will AUTOMATICALLY get a Defense DV of 13 no matter what. The baby will either get a Special DV of 5 or (5 +/- 8) which is 13 since a negative 3 DV isn't possible.

The other two stats (Speed and Attack) are totally random. They cannot be influenced by any means.

So, if you are wanting to have a chance to get a max stat Pokémon through breeding with Ditto, the Defense DV MUST be 15 & the Special DV must be eithger 7 or 15.

So if your Ditto has
Attack: (anything)
Defense: 15
Speed: (anything)
Special: 7 or 15

Everytime you breed with something you will have a 1 in 512 chance of it being perfect stat wise (15 DVs for everything).

But, you might get something like 12/15/9/15 which isn't bad! So, don't go nuts with perfection, if you get close, be glad you got close

I hope this helps you out in your breeding needs.

-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.