The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Stadium 2 glitch, one that might finally help find mews...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stadium 2 glitch, one that might finally help find mews...
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 06:27 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard of a Stadium 2 glitch where you can get weird unheardof items like a Clear Bell and several 100 level pokemon?
I have come across something very, very bizzare but I don't want to post the details if this was discovered by someone else already, I am after all a Mineral version n00b. All I'm going to say is that I'm getting things like rhydons with Swords Dance and Lovely Kiss, shellders holding Mistery Eggs and a ditto holding something called a Clear Bell.
You guys know me, I don't hack my games, I have separate cartridges for my hacking research, so, got clue?

------------------
<ET-Haxorz> jesus fuck, tgd is awesome ^_^

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 08:33 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember stumbling onto something similar, and I totally forgot about it. I don't recall any clear bells, but, I think you & I have found the same thing, I found it accidently some time back. Does it envolve a mysterious box? You'll know what I mean if you and I are talking about the same thing...

Dang, I just asked Meowth about this (right before posting) about my trick, he said that the one I described was discovered right after Stadium2 came out, if that's so true, why haven't we all heard of it?

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 08:40 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm, huh?
Explain please...this sounds very interesting...Can someone describe how this happened? ::wants to try it::

------------------

From: I hope you explode violently tomorrow. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 08:41 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Once again, Meowth knew the answer all along!

http://www.eagb.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=6&topic=187

Is this what you were talkin about man?
Why must someone else beat us to every great discovery?

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 11:53 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK,
Thank you, yes, that is it!
Too bad Meowth didn't specify the details to make it occur.
That guy had it happened in his Yellow version, I got it on my Blue but my Red and Yellow won't trigger anything...we need to know the trigger, we need to know so we can finally have a way to catch mews and hopefully...celebis WITHOUT NINTENDOCTRINE'S STUPID ASS PROMO BULLSIT!
Sorry, I had to get it out of my system...
Anyway, if Meowth won't dig deep, I'm no hacker but I can do research the long and hard way and hopefully find the trigger effect.

------------------

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-27-2001 01:39 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You say "unheardof items like a Clear Bell," yet I listed the English names/descriptions of all four of the "Crystal-only" items about a month after Stadium 2 came out...I guess that there are still people that don't visit my site to know about that ^_^;;

I also let out knowledge of the Skill Man's English name being "Move Tutor" about that time. At one time, I saw on a newsgroup, someone asked, "Will the Move Tutor be in the English version?" That's almost an oxymoron, as Move Tutor IS his English name ^_^

If I remember right, pulling the data from the "hidden box" is extracting event data. If this is correct, then theoretically, you can start a new Colour Version game and pull out Level 0 MissingNo.s (which Stadium 2 turns to Ditto) with no move (which Stadium 2 will make Ditto's 1 Transform move), a blank name and OT name, an ID No. of 00000, and genes, etc. of all 0s. *Points to three Dittos that he has like that.* Theoretically, you can take a fully-played game (did everything possible,) then trade one of these "0 Dittos" to it over one of the Pokémon in the "hidden box," and taht'll reset some events, allowing you to redo them. Two boxes times...20 Pokémon per box? Time...25~30 hex values per Pokémon? That's well over 1,000 events that you're messing with. That's why I tell people that this can corrupt the saved game data.

So, what's the next topic? How every egg from my Colour Ditto and Normal Geodude is purple, but if one has a Colour Geodude in the egg, it'll look normal? ^_^

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 06:44 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth,
I know for a fact I didn't use Missingno, those dittos where just there.
I traded a cloyster from the 13th Box, and nothing happened, took the Misterious egg from it and then released it, nothing happened to my data.

-The question is, how do you catch a mew and a celebi with this glitch?

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 04:26 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
An attempt at what initiates the glitch:

This may sound silly, but try these two things to try to make the mysterious Box 13 appear. It happened to me after I did something in the lab (maybe). Try going in, and goto the first PC on the right and look at some Pokémon on your yellow ver. I know that sounds silly, but, I feel that after I did some proweling in the lab before doing a trade the box appeared, maybe not though, but it's worth a shot.

Let's figure this one out and get a little credit for ourselves TheGreatDreamer.

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 06:42 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
These things in Box 13 aren't necessarily Missingnos/Dittos. When I did this on what I thought was my yellow I had Pokémon (and I feel that some were atleast non-ditto) but knew moves they shouldn't know.

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 10:59 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it would be nice if this would lead to Celebi. Especially if Nintendo screws us over by deleting the chance of getting Celebi in Crystal.

-MK

But you have to remember that it would be a glitch Celebi. Sure it would appear to be in working order and you could use it, but, you would know that it was a glitch & it would be ifie (if-y)? [unsure on spelling] how legal it would be, legally.

-MK (the real ending)

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 12:59 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK,
A celebi or mew caught this way would be very acceptable and legal since they can only be caught if a Nintendo hacking machine produces one. Ofcourse, everyting else would be illegal but getting those 2 pokemon through this glitch will not upset Pokemon's fragile yet near perfect equipose.

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 01:10 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Equipoise... and no, Nintendo would still consider it illegal. I sure as hell wouldn't care if you used it, but I don't care if you just shark yourself one either.

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 05:18 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendoctrine can die and burn in Hell...slowly...

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 06:12 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How is it that TGD approves a glitch that lets you get Mew/Celebi, but ones that duplicate items or get different moves are evil unbalancing yaddayaddayaddas?

One more thing: what's so evil unbalancing yaddayaddayadda about getting Mew/Celebi through a Nintendo tour? You put your cartridge in a machine and it spits the Pokemon onto it.

One more thing: having Mew be a tour-only Pokemon was Gamefreak's idea.

One more thing: isn't Stadium another evil unbalancing yaddayaddayadda product of Nintendo according to you? So how come this is suddenly a "valid" way to get Mew/Celebi?

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 05:47 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat,
Whoa! Hold on a sec, let me explain.
Duplication unbalances the game because it breaks the restriction of the frequency of items and pokemon. Is like....um...in M:TG, the more powerful cards are the most rare.
Getting mews and celebis through a glitch would make it the only way to aquire pokemon that are denied to us naturaly.
I mean, sure, I live in Vegas and the Tour came by a few times but what about trainers that Nintendo chooses to ignore, like Canadians for example? Isn't every trainer entitled to get a celebi or a mew regardless of where they live? Why should trainers that live in big or popular cities get those privilidges just because they are in Nintendoctrine's prefered list?
Do you get what I mean?

I really don't like the tour mews, to tell you the truth, they are all just clones of one another and their genes are messed up.
When I got my first mew, it had way higher genes than the max in Necro's page, I mailed him about it and he said it's because that machine is a hacking device, they have clearly screwed up.
Why should a hacked poke from Nintendoctrine be better than one hacked by yourself?
I accept the glitch because it is the closest thing to capturing it naturally, that's all. Now, if the machine would spit out mews with random genes and allow you to name the stupid thing, I wouldn't have a problem with it because it is simulating a natural way of getting the pokemon nstead of simulating an unatural and hacking way of doing it.
Well, about Stadium;
Yeah, it is a product spawned by Nintendoctrine and The Brotherhood Of The Clausewhore Clans, but, when I attempted to make a general game enviroment for leagues around the world I got many complaints about this. Then I reflected on why they where complaining so much, maybe I was wrong...and I was! Stadium adds a surfing pikachu, Amnesia psyduck and ranom rare pokemon.
The random rare pokemon thing is the one I had a problem with, it threatened the Trade balancing variable of the game...until Gold and Silver came out, then that unbalancing nitch was restored...and it was good.
Now the Stadium series's game enviroment it is totally unbalanced thanks to it's clauses.
Funny, I though that in Stadium 2, this would be rectified, but no.
I went to Edit rules looking forward in shutting down the clauses but alas, Edit rules only let's you free yourself from Item clause and all other options in Edit rules are to FURTHER LIMIT THE GAME ENVIROMENT!
Oh, how naive I was in thinking that Nintendoctrine had change it's ways...
I am in the process of making a Las Vegas Pokemon League, I will use my Mega Memory Card to back up the games of all the members so I can inspect them in my own time for duplication use and hacking work.
It will be a totally clean and pure enviroment radiating with the balance of it's grace. Then, I will study the meta game that is born from there and use that as a base of examples and post feedback so the trainers of the world know what is like to really play Pokemon....not a simulator or a claue infested enviroment or a competition on who can hack better....just purely and simply play Pokemon...

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 07:59 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is the funny thing.

I do feel that using a sharked Pokémon without telling your opponent and without his/her acknowledgement, is wrong. But, in reality, all Pokémon games are is a program. A gameshark merely edits the program and/or turns certain things on. It's kinda funny to feel morally obligated over something that is only a bunch of hexadecimal code. 3F128912. That's all it is! And so what if Nintendo gives you a "real" mew or a "real" celebi. It is still just 89FBCD12. It's just a hex code that we can duplicate ourselves, if not better. Have any of you ever gone to a Nintendo tour and get a Mew from that machine? When I did this is what happened.

They ask you for to have your game saved in a Pokémon Center and have atleast one empty slot in your party.

They take your catridge (just the catridge, and not your gameboy). They put the catrdige in some machine (that isn't a gameboy either) and it just adds Mew to your party. Why does Nintendo get to say that this device they use is legal? It's just a BIG GAMESHARK!

-MK
*Dreamer's Post inspired me to say this. I apologize if it sounds too much like what he said"* But, I like what I had to say

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 03:32 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK,
I understand what you're saying about the pokemon and the game being just a program.
This is what I'm saying;
The RPG element of Pokemon plays a huge part in balancing the game, the strategic element is only half of it.
Take D&D for example, instead of a program the game's system holds with rules in a book, pencil and paper or computer programs now a days and most importantly, a DM to make sure no one cheats.
There is strategy in the D&D combat system, lots and lots of it...but, the RPG element plays a part in balancing and affecting the strategic side of a D&D campaign.
The same way with Pokemon, except that you can play it by yourself because the "DM" is already built into the game, is like playing a D&D video game or RPG by itself, the rules are already built in, there is no need to dick with them.
You don't see in D&D players choosing what their character's statistics are, you don't se them effortlessly choosing what level they will be or what magic items or legendary artifacts they will weild.
Any D&D player will tell you that a campaign ran that way is a cheese campaign mostly ran by D&D powerhungry scrubs and n00bs that all they care about is the strategy in combat.
Every D&D player knows that the RPG element helps balance the power levels of it's strategic side.
The same exact thing with Pokemon.
Pokemon is no like Magic:The Gathering who is all strategy and has no RPG factor, Pokemon is like D&D where strategic competition is balanced by "paying your dues" and EARNING the power you weild, where strategy and RPG elements are the "2 columns of the temple that hold it toghether".
Do you understand what I mean?

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 03:43 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I understand what you mean. I sometimes have a problem of getting my point across sadly. I "do" feel bad about using Sharked Pokémon for offical battles. I couldn't make myself do it unless my friend agreeded to it beforehand. Sure I might bend the rules a little, mega memory card here, get an extra TM there, but, changing DVs is big no no to some extent atleast. Anyway, it is a program, but, maybe it's cause I care?? that I don't shark a nearly unbeatable team? I'm not sure for sure or something, but, the one thing I CAN argue is.

The device Nintendo uses to distrube Mews is nothing more than a very big gameshark which edits the hex value on your gameboy (just like a gameshark) to put a Mew in your party. Yet, I won't make myself make me a Celebi.

I fortunently have a Real Mew from Nintendo. And I have a Monster Brain (like a gameshark) and I could go create a Celebi right now, but, I don't want to. I wouldn't feel right about it. Even though it's just HEX the game seems more than that or something, which, I know you can relate to.

-MK

PikaCharma
I scanned my boobs and then said I was leaving and never coming back. OOPS!
Member # 2026

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 05:23 AM      Profile for PikaCharma   Author's Homepage   Email PikaCharma   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMHO, using a gameshark to do something blatantly illegal is way different than just using it as a shortcut for things you can legally do in the game anyways. Actually, I think the widespread use of a gameshark for these purposes makes the game *more* balanced, since the game becomes more a competition of skill and luck, and less a competition of who has the most freetime to sit around running through the Elite Four a billion times, chasing Nintendo tours all over the country to get a Mew, and staying up all night resetting their games and trading back and forth to duplicate TM's. Using a Shark to duplicate TM's, get a Mew, or speed up the effects of the Box Trick seems perfectly ethical to me, since it's just a time-saving mechanism, and the end result is nothing that couldn't be naturally accomplished by anyone with too much time on their hands. It's when a Shark is used to accomplish something illegal that I'd call foul. You wanna create a Mew and dupe some TMs for her, fine, but if you Shark all her stats to 999 and teach her Spore, forget it. Only time I'd think this was ok is if an "anything goes" clause had been agreed upon before hand. Sharking DV's...really shaky ground, as I see it. I'd kinda compare that to using a Gameshark to win the lottery. Yeah, it's something that COULD legally happen, but not bloody likely. Catching even one perfect pokemon is rare as fuck, given the incredible odds against it, but six perfect pokemon? Hell, the chances of that are probably even less than winning the lottery. Personally, I wouldn't fight someone who had sharked their DVs to get perfect pokes unless we'd agreed before hand. It is a nice variable to be able to manipulate for experimental purposes, or, if agreed upon before hand, to make the focus of the game more on skill and movesets than on luck and stats...but at the same time, it is using a Shark to accomplish something that couldn't normally be accomplished in the game by anyone with too much free time - unless the person happened to be the luckiest SOB in the world.

In a nutshell, I think the ethics of gamesharkery in battle comes down to one question: Are you simply trying to save time, or are you trying to pull the wool over your opponent's eyes and gain an unfair advantage by tipping the odds in your favor?

Just my $0.02

Peace,
Pikacharma

------------------
Pikacharma's Bottomless Pit -- Vote 4 Mike and see a dead Togepi!

To protect the world from masturbation, to screw all people within our nation, to denounce the evils of abstinence, to abduct Pikachu and get into his pants... Team Pocket Rocket disrobes at the speed of light, drop your pants now or prepare to fight!

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 08:37 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some details on replicating this glitch would be handy now, though...

I've tried all five of my cartridges in combination with each other, and Box 13 never appeared. I tried to force one glitch with another glitch by catching a few Missingno on a game I can do without, but all I got from that was a handful of Carbos and a bunch of Lv. 100 Dittos. (Oh, and a legitimate Ditto. If you catch M [the Lv. 0 one], it'll still attack you. Catch THAT and it'll be a 'real' Ditto, inasmuch as it's at Lv. 2 and comes with Metal Powder instead of a Carbos.)

Anyway, no harm seems to have come to my Blue or Gold games yet, despite the eight Missingno that have been through. For you people who can see Box 13, what kinds of things are you doing? How many Pokémon are in your boxes? Does it happen every time you use those cartridges?
~Uiru

------------------

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 01:56 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uiru,
I've been trying and trying to find the trigger effect but alas without hacking skills it is a very painful and long process.
I don't know what caused it, the guy who discovered this trick has it on his Yellow version, but then again MY Yellow version doesn't have it nor does my Red.
In my Blue version I got boxes full of magic karp wich I caugh in Yellow to transfer pkes from Blue to Yellow and I got random stray pokes like the trade ins from the game, Ricky the machamp, Miles the Mr.Mime and Spikes the parasect. I got other pokemon that I picked up along the way for spite, a hitmonchan, etc...
The thing is that if I go to the trading machine and choose my Gold cart as the lead, I will get shellders with Seissmic Toss, dugtrios with Metronome and Stomp, a sporing meowths and the rest are dittos and normal pokes like a vulpix.
If I choose my Blue cart as the lead, I get Lovely Kissing rhydons and spearows, Krate Chopping spearows, Sword Dancing rhydons, Comet Punching and Double Slaping snorlax, a Biting kadabra and a Rolling and Double kicking golduck with clamp.
The worse part is that I can't make it change pokemon wich is what I've been trying to do all this time....
Hmmmm, maybe if I post this trick all over the net, some l337 hAxx0r will take interest and find the trigger for us...

PikaCharma,
Reseting your game to transfer the goods is cheating, it falls under breaking the rules by duplication.
See, training and luck ARE part of the game whenevr we like it or not.
What I'm saying is that if you are using the shark to get stuff you can eventualy get, even if your using it to a certain degree of mooderation, you are not "paying your dues" to weild the power will aquire.
I have a shark and I hack on separate cartridges to experiment with different things, so I know what I want before I invest my time into it, but that's all
You don't say in an RPG "O.K., well, I want my party to be such and such level and have such and such items/ablities, etc because I can eventually get that stuff and it'll save me time, etc..."
The RPG element is important to the balance of the game, and yes luck plays a part too alongside with skill, just like Blackjack for example.

------------------

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 02:57 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to know if I can get access to a GS Ball... If I can get Celebi in Crystal, than I definitely will be buying it. :)

However, I agree that using a GameShark to do stuff just to save time is fine. I would never use one, of course, but whether you played through the game three times to get enough Earthquake TMs or just sharked, cloned or Missingno'd them into existance really doesn't matter to me. Crank your team to full personal max if you want. Skip breeding entirely; as long as the movesets are legal, fine. However, you touch one DV and you're a cheating dirtbag that should be fired out of a cannon into the sun. :)

*looks around apprehensively* *updates his list of things NOT to say in the Sharking tower* :)

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Getting back to the point...

I tried putting Pokémon in every box, trading Missingno back and forth, and none of it worked. I hope this glitch wasn't corrected in my Stadium cart. (I got it the day it was released, but...)
~Uiru

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was able to see this when I borrowed a friend's transfer pack. Since I only have 1 to my name, I can't experiement with this right now, but, if I ever get my hand on another one again, I can try. Till then good luck all, sorry.

-MK

PikaCharma
I scanned my boobs and then said I was leaving and never coming back. OOPS!
Member # 2026

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 03:51 PM      Profile for PikaCharma   Author's Homepage   Email PikaCharma   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:

PikaCharma,
Reseting your game to transfer the goods is cheating, it falls under breaking the rules by duplication.
See, training and luck ARE part of the game whenevr we like it or not.
What I'm saying is that if you are using the shark to get stuff you can eventualy get, even if your using it to a certain degree of mooderation, you are not "paying your dues" to weild the power will aquire.
*snip*
The RPG element is important to the balance of the game, and yes luck plays a part too alongside with skill, just like Blackjack for example.

Wait a sec...if I have two carts, and I trade my Jolteon over to a different cart to TM it with Thunderbolt, then trade it back to my original cart, that's cheating? Don't people do similar things to get all three starters too? Hell, doesn't Nintendo even encourage it? ((ie, start two games, trade started from game 2 over to game 1, reset game 2, get another starter, etc.)) I guess I just don't see the difference between spending a few hours doing this the long way and spending 10 minutes doing it with a Shark. IMHO, the "paying your dues" comes in when you build your team, try theories of good move sets, and get into battles to test your strategy. Shortcuts or no, if a person is a lousy trainer to begin with, they're gonna get whupped. A Lvl 100 poke isn't worth anything in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it.

Re: Luck. Was just mentioning this as one possible reason to agree to a "gameshark perfect genes" clause before a match, should your desire happen to be to eliminate that particular variable. Unless such a clause were introduced, I agree, I wouldn't want to battle against someone who GS'ed the DV's, since doing so is tantamount to Gamesharking yourself six lottery wins. In other words, slim chance you could ever get it to happen at all without the interference of a cheat device. But stuff like box tricking for personal max and getting extra TM's...anyone can do that anyway, and the only real experience you'd miss out on is wasting time and batteries. So I just see GS as a legit shortcut in these cases. I'm with Uiru on this...if the moveset is legal, and you haven't sharked the base stats, you could have gotten your TMs from the toothfairy for all I care.

Peace,
Pikacharma

------------------
Pikacharma's Bottomless Pit -- Vote 4 Mike and see a dead Togepi!

To protect the world from masturbation, to screw all people within our nation, to denounce the evils of abstinence, to abduct Pikachu and get into his pants... Team Pocket Rocket disrobes at the speed of light, drop your pants now or prepare to fight!

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-29-2001 08:10 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Something that I said may have been slightly misunderstood. MissingNo. has nothing to do with this glitch in Stadium2. However, if blank data is being read and displayed, that it's showing 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 etc. The Pokémon in Red/Blue under hex value "00" is, in all simplicity, "MissingNo." MissingNo. in Stadium is changed to a Ditto (often with Carbos. In this glitch, it reads 00 as a MissingNo. (i.e. Not one of the first 151 Pokémon) and replaces it with a Ditto that knows Transform (which overwrites its four attacks being 00 00 00 00 [all blank]). Then, when everything saves in the end, those 00 00 00 00s may be being re-written as the data for Dittos that know Transform--I can't know for sure without borrowing another controller again to test further.

Yes, you can get a GS Ball this way. Put it in your Metal Box, then transfer it to Crystal. Do not attempt to take it off of a Pokémon in Gold/Silver, or it'll start deteriorating the game's save data. Don't do this in Crystal, it'll potentially get stuck in your Item Pack/PC. Stadium 2 should be able to fix this.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 09:48 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool. Now I just have to figure out a way to trigger it. I'm playing through my Red game again, trying after each Gym and/or doing something important. (My Squirtle is named 'NATURALLY!' and will carry me through the entire game, as it has done before. ^_^) If I manage to crack it, I'll report. Heh. Though I would expect you to be able to figure it out before I could.
~Uiru- could the fact that my Gold game has almost nothing on it in the way of Pokémon, or the fact that its 'event data' is completed (game is finished) be having an effect on this?

EDIT: It's not worth a whole new message, so I'll just stick it here. I've gone around to a few boards, posting a request for information about the Lab Trick. (You can see it in the Research Lab if they leave it there.) I'll bring back all the relevant results. Incidentally, my Red game is up to Rock Tunnel, and nothing yet.

EDIT 2: Meowth, your site has English screenshots of Kurt talking about the GS Ball. I can only assume that these are from translated Japanese Crystal ROMs, or were edited by you? If they're English ROMs (which shouldn't exist yet) then the trigger might still be there.

However, if hoo-hahing a GS Ball out of Stadium 2 and onto English Crystal still works, doesn't that mean Nintendo would have to translate the text involved? Would they even bother, considering the fact that they assume that nobody can get a GS Ball on English Crystal? And wouldn't this text encourage them to remove the trigger entirely?

What a mystery... Lousy stupid Nintendo, causing all this needless trouble for their dedicated fans...

[This message has been edited by Uiru (edited 07-30-2001).]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 01:02 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uiru, just so you know. The images on Meowth's website about getting G/S Ball, showing it to Kurt, summoning Celebi, are all from the Japannese Version of Crystal. Meowth just translated it.

On another note, if Nintendo has a tour and gives away free Celebi, instead of just downloading Celebi to your cartridge, maybe they'd add the G/S Ball to your Key Items. That way you could catch Celebi yourself. If Nintendo was SMART they'd do that. Cause it would be fun & a reason to keep the original Japaneese Programming of the game. It would be dumb if they "didn't" do it that way. But as we all know, I said if Nintendo WAS smart...

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 01:08 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, and two more things.

Uiru, thanks for taking the time to figure this out and research it.

Secondly, this might be important, when you try to make the Box 13 appear, do it like this.

Have Gold in Transfer Pak in Controller #1
Have Yellow in Transer Pak in Controller #2

(that's maybe how I had it)

Also, try it by starting the trade where Gold picks the Pokémon to be sent FIRST, then yellow picks. <--- This may not actually matter, but, it might. I can't be sure, but this sounds like the way I did it. Maybe we should all flip flop the combinations around till it happens.

And one more thing, BEFORE going to the trade machine in the lab. Use the PC all the way on the right and look at some Pokémon in the yellow version and the gold version, looking at them may trigger something.

One more thing... hehe... when you ENTER the lab, and you have to select a catridge, the catridge you choose to begin with may matter. I probably picked Gold when I went in there for the trade. So, that gives us 2 things to flip flop, atleast.

The controllers holding the yellow and gold which plug into the N64.

The game pak you have seleted when you enter the lab.

-MK
(good luck Uiru)

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-30-2001 05:11 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Said English screen shots were in fact edited by me, in Window's Paint program. I meant to "translate" all of them, then put a watermark on them, but was too busy. When I have the Englihs version in a day or two, I'll upload English versions from that.

Nintendo has transalted all of the game's text. Even through they're not using the GS Ball scenario, they translated 100% of the text for it. I, too, have wondered if they'd give out the GS Ball in contests, etc.

--Meowth346

theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 05:48 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have seen box 13 in my Blue version. You cannot get pokemon over number 151 in it. Look at the topic below to read more.

------------------
My pokemon skills even make GODS look inferior to me!

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 03:16 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Meowth. (What would we do without Meowth?)

-MK

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 03:38 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, if Meowth346 has these pics up on his site, judging by the quality of them, he may have it on ROM... may I have it? Pretty please?

What really fuzzles me is how does Stadium 2 have the text without having a Crystal version to activate it? HOW?

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

4 lines is absurd length?

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 05:33 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"What really fuzzles me is how does Stadium 2 have the text without having a Crystal version to activate it? HOW?"

The deal is, Stadium 2 will look at your Pokémon for Gold/Silver/Crystal and tell you what item they are holding. In Gold/Silver, the GS Ball doesn't exist. The Blue Card doesn't exist. On Gold/Silver these items are teru samas (or somethin like that). Anyway, Stadium 2 was built to be compatible with Crystal, so, even though those items should be impossible to obtain on Gold/Silver without the use of a glitch/gameshark, Stadium2 recognizes they are Crystal items even though no Crystal ver is being used...

-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.