next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Changing ID no.s

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Changing ID no.s
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2001 02:58 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know why whenever you try to change your ID no., it deletes all your pokes in the boxes other than the main one?

Anyone have a clue as to why?

------------------
"Puberts are good for something after all..."
-Muku
"No! He's no longer a Pubert! ;_;"
-*HeRaCr0sS*
"Damn! I just noticed that!"
-Muku

(exchange in a thread after I described the correct way to legally catch a BPing smeargle)

~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2001 07:55 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can change your ID no.? How?

------------------
"You see I've already done everything you wanna do, so what makes you think I give a fuck about you?" -Who's Your Uncle?

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2001 08:02 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
01XXA1D1 Big digit
01XXA2D1 Little Digit

I forget where I got them, but either of these codes will delete EVERY pokemon in your boxes except the active box. I even tried just altering the actual code in NO$GMB, and it did the same thing.

BTW, what's your IM/IRC sn? If you get this before 8:30 on 5/27, then IM at Icehawk78

------------------
-Muku
-*HeRaCr0sS*
-Muku

(exchange in a thread after I described the correct way to legally catch a BPing smeargle)

FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2001 09:16 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well it may not be the best solution, but you can do like I did and put everyone onto Stadium first. Otherwise, I have no idea why this is caused. Sorry.

------------------
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups!" - Me
"It's not cheating unless you get caught." - Also me
"A life? Where can I download one of those?" - Yup, still me.

From: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2001 11:00 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Gack*

Put everyone in stadium? *Swears* I don't even HAVE an N64. Oh well. Thanks anyways.

------------------
-Muku
-*HeRaCr0sS*
-Muku

WeaponX
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1829

Rate Member
posted 05-31-2001 09:10 PM      Profile for WeaponX   Email WeaponX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't delete any pokemon! Well, atleast none of mine got deleted...none that I know of atleast

------------------
Berserker Barrage!

hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 06-10-2001 12:39 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IceHawk78:
Does anyone know why whenever you try to change your ID no., it deletes all your pokes in the boxes other than the main one?

Anyone have a clue as to why?

Yes. This will always happen when you change your id # and save the game. It's not because Nintendo was trying to be malicious to GameSharkers, but it's simply what results from the way boxes are saved. 11 boxes are saved in the battery backup, rather than the main RAM. Because things are done this, complications arise when you have a saved game and you are playing an entirely new game. If you save a new game over the old game, you shouldn't receive all the old game's boxed pokemon right? So the way this is guarded against is the old id # is saved, and if it doesn't match the id # of the currently saving game, 11 boxes of pokemon are erased.

This is also the reason that when you use the GameShark 3.1 as a backup device, you also lose 11 boxes of pokemon.

Since the GameShark cannot poke at the battery backup RAM, I currently do not have any way around this.

quote:
Originally posted by WeaponX:
It doesn't delete any pokemon! Well, atleast none of mine got deleted...none that I know of atleast

Eh, there's a 1 in 65536 chance of that happening, so are you sure about that WeaponX?

------------------
-hanzou

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2001 08:55 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hanzou:
[BYes. This will always happen when you change your id # and save the game. It's not because Nintendo was trying to be malicious to GameSharkers, but it's simply what results from the way boxes are saved. 11 boxes are saved in the battery backup, rather than the main RAM. Because things are done this, complications arise when you have a saved game and you are playing an entirely new game. If you save a new game over the old game, you shouldn't receive all the old game's boxed pokemon right? So the way this is guarded against is the old id # is saved, and if it doesn't match the id # of the currently saving game, 11 boxes of pokemon are erased.
[/B]

Okay, yeah that makes sense. Thanks!

------------------
-Muku
-*HeRaCr0sS*
-Muku

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.