The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Where o where has Misty, and most of Kanto, gone?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where o where has Misty, and most of Kanto, gone?
FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was recently doing some move sharking, and shutting down my computer at the same time. Well it turns out I forgot that my GBC was using the power strip my computer does, so right during the middle of saving I turned off both of them after flipping the switch for my computer. Now after I started the game back up I found that I had all 12 badges, and that Misty was gone (I'd never seen her in the first place), the TR Member who stole the machine was gone, and I couldn't get the Super Rod or Doll for the CopyCat. I'm thinking I can shark the items, but not being able to get Misty (and having an empty gym) is seriously worring me. I've tried using the codes to get rid of Kanto badges, but that didn't work.

Recap of what I need:
- A code to reset Misty at the gym. (Or by Bill's old house, whichever as long as I can fight her)
- Something to reset the guy who give you the Super Rod.
- Something to reset the TR member who stole the Machine Part.
- A way to reset the Copy Cat's doll "quest."

Is there anything that can help me?

------------------
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups!" - Me
"It's not cheating unless you get caught." - Also me
"A life? Where can I download one of those?" - Yup, still me.

[This message has been edited by FlameBait (edited 05-15-2001).]

From: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 05-18-2001 01:27 AM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From my experience with the game data all I can do is toss out a guess. Doing this would require finding the proper hex code. I'm guessing that once the matching code is found it should not be too difficult. I think that events such as Misty's appearance can be dealt with by binary conversion much like hacking tm compatibility is done. When converted it will either be a 1 or 0 active or inactive. Change that, put it back to hex and shove that back in the original code and the event resets. And of course if my speculations are completely false and of no use, then there's always meowth346.

------------------
"Extensive testing has proven that he's the best leek-wielding ninja duck in the game, and I stand by that." -Versus Books on Farfetch'd

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 05-18-2001 01:48 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks simple enough, if you have the right resources to create the following codes:
1) Edit Badges
2) Edit Cerulean Gym (this'll put the Rocket in there, the Parts after he leaves, then Misty afte you find her.)
3) Reset the Rocket on the Bridge.
4) Reset Misty by Bill's Cottage.
5) Reset Super Rod house.
6) Reset Copycat's House.
7) Reset Fan Club in Vermilion.

So, maybe I'm not being much help, but those look like they're the codes that you'd be looking for. The Misty by Bill's Cottage may use the same byte as the rest of the events in Misty's Gym, as might the Rocket on the bridge.

--Meowth346

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.