The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Stadium 2 and tricks?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stadium 2 and tricks?
Cuban B
Farting Nudist
Member # 1119

Member Rated:
posted 03-27-2001 03:35 PM      Profile for Cuban B   Email Cuban B   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey all. i just picked up Stadium 2 and in the back of the booklet (p-51) it states the following:

USING INCOMPATIBLE SAVED DATA

If you try to use any Pokemon from your Game Boy game that have been enhanced or altered by a trick, code, quirk or enhancement device, there is a strong possibility that your Game Boy Pokemon data will be erased. It is also possible that using such data will make it impossible to play some parts of Pokemon Stadium 2.

anyone know the verity of this claim?

i'm concerned because i've used the in-game box dupeing trick, and that seems like it might fall under this kind of thing.

i'm asking here, in Sakaki Tower, since i figure if anyone knows the truth about this, it'd be you guys.

thoughts?

-CB

------------------
"Yo, I'm Cuban, B!"
"Yes! Cuban B!"
-Scarface & Samson

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 03-27-2001 03:52 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isn't that what they said about R/B/Y?

Really, I think they're just trying to make you think twice using GameShark.

'Course, I could be wrong.

------------------
Check out 'Metalloid Research':
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/home1.html
Metalloid Research - Striving to bring you the most testing and correct information

Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 03-27-2001 06:32 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as you use the codes correctly, nothing will get screwed up...

------------------
"Heehee! Puu! Waa! Puu-Waa! Puu-Puu-Wa! Puu-Waa!" ~My friend, Tyra

Ho-oh Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1216

Rate Member
posted 03-27-2001 07:33 PM      Profile for Ho-oh Master     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jman and Muku are right. They just don't want you to GS your game. They don't want you to cheat to win. If you really want to, though, you can. It won't ruin the game.

------------------
Sigs of unreasonable length will be deleted without warning!

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-27-2001 10:23 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo keeps on saying that, and it couldn't be further from the truth. There is always the slight chance of your game getting deleted when using a gameshark, but chances are it won't happen.

There is only one thing you need to watch out for, and that's illegal movesets and stats. Stadium will reset your stats if they are illegal, and illegal moves will be shown in purple in PokéSta1. I'm sure it won't be much different in 2. The Box Trick has absolutely nothing to do with cheating. It's an in-game trick that was placed there due to lack of memory and is perfectly legal, even more so than missingno. Box duping I'm not familiar with, but from what I've heard about it, if you did it right and you can see you did it right, it's all good.

------------------
"Mmmmm, doughnut" - Homer

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-27-2001 11:52 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me rephrase that line:

You little chimpies have gone through this game in and out, and every innocent programming mistake becomes world news, known by more people than the nations that border Chile, and by several orders of magnitude more than know the chief justices of the United States. In the off chance you have found some fucked up thing that lets you use an illegal monster, or you have somehow destabilized your data so that it is gradually going downhill, it isn't our fault if Stadium doesn't recognize it as valid. While Stadium doesn't try to do anything but read your data, it is technically possible that you maggots somehow fucked up the binary so much that it just looks like bad data to us. It isn't our bad if it gets screwed up.

If you shark normally, there won't be problem. If you shark illegal stats on legal monsters, stick the wrong moves on everybody, give yourself infinte money, modify genes, do in game things that let you refight bosses or gain infinte whatevers, that's fine. It is very possible to develop codes that just wipeout valid chunks of data with garbage, and it is technically possible that one of those wouldn't create a problem until Stadium sees it.

Don't worry about it much.

or done something totally scr

------------------
-cfalcon

"DAMN those are some skinny sick cows"
-pkthunder sighting a field of horses

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 03-31-2001 03:38 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They speak the truth.

I blatantly sharked myself a full Pokedex at the beginning of the game, and nothing's happened to my data yet.

My Level 100 Espeon (also sharked) disappeared, but then it reappeared after I found out that it was me accidentally changing the number of Pokemon in my party to two. :/

Go fig...

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Kamek's Kastle

[This message has been edited by PoKamek (edited 03-31-2001).]

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 03-31-2001 06:56 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i never did understand that. in g/s (and probably crystal, haven't checked) there's room on your belt for seven pokémon, because it uses spot seven for the stop byte. why do they need a stop byte if there's a byte up front that shows how many spots on your belt hold pokémon? O_-
Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2001 08:46 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man, I scared myself. I was looking in the Boxes, and some of the critters flashed, and some of their moves flashed. I thought it was saying I sharked them (I didn't)...then that perhaps it was highlighting move combos (Morning Sun + Sunny Day)...then finally realized it was the GS critters that couldn't be traded. ^_^

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Togepi3
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 608

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2001 05:16 PM      Profile for Togepi3   Author's Homepage   Email Togepi3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So THATS what the flashing of the pokemon mean...

------------------
<Togepi used Metronome!>
<Togepi used Metronome!>
<Togepi used Metronome!>
<Togepi used Splash!>
<No effect!>

From: Irvine, CA. Why? | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 07:46 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*sigh of relief*
I thought my game was screwed up because they were flashing...

------------------
The Big Red Flying Box

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.