The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Monster Brain Boy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Monster Brain Boy
Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2001 12:09 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ever heard of this cheating device? I am too lazy to make my own teams but I don't want to spend $30 on a GameShark. So I was wondering if this works as well as a GameShark and how the heck do I use it?

------------------
"No one fucks with the Jesus!" The Big Lebowski

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 03-14-2001 09:43 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have one of these. While it's a lot easier to use than a GameShark, it's not as versatile.

Supported options are as follows:

Change your name and rival's name
Change money
Change elapsed time
Edit badges earned
Edit game clock
Edit your ID#
Edit your Pokedex
Edit your Pokegear (allow pokeflute station at any time, get the radio, etc.)
Enable the Fly HM to be used at any time
Edit items, balls, key items, TMs/HMs

Edit monsters:
Change monster species
Change monster name
Change the first byte of the gene code (comes up as "Gender/Type")
Change held item
Change back and forth to/from an egg
Change status
Change HP, MaxHP
Change level
Change experience (normal)
Change ID#, OT
Edit learned skills and PP values
Change Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, Speed

As you can see there is no STAT EXPERIENCE editor. Once again, Pelican failed to do the research before considering their project complete. They only included support for changing one byte of the gene code, because they wanted something to change a Pokemon's gender, but didn't know that there was more to the gene code. They also couldn't figure out that Stat Experience was what enabled a Pokemon's stats to increase for a given level.

Not to mention that its "Colorize" feature and the apparent ability to speed up the game can't be accessed with Gold/Silver for some reason..

It's nice to have as an auxiliary editor, when you don't feel like putting in all the codes, but the true power lies in CodeBreaker. I like the CodeBreaker better than the new GameShark, because it'll do everything the GameShark can, plus the Memory Editor, which is much much easier for editing your genes and stat experience.

But if you just want max stats, get a GameShark. The Monster Brain can't do Max Stats.

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Admin: Kamek's Kastle Forums
Forum Moderator: Gameshark Central Forums

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2001 11:13 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've heard of Brain Boy. Don't use it. I saw a kids cart after using brain boy. It was a silver cart. Now it's a piece of shit. Gameshark is much more reliable and screws up less, believe it or not.

Essentially, the only pokes on the cart were in his team, and they were pathetic. I was going to trade with him, but then realized that it's probably only going to screw up my gold, and I couldn't chance that. For as much as I care, Gameshark is the most reliable device out there. Just whatever you do, for the love of goddish, don't enter the wrong codes.

------------------
"And all this coming from a guy who dropped physics... twice." - Yavarice

Hah!

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2001 10:09 PM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, thx for the advice/warning. I guess it's time to take it back to the store then...

------------------
"No one fucks with the Jesus!" The Big Lebowski

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 03-31-2001 03:41 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't had any problems with the Brain Boy yet.

I'd much rather have a CodeBreaker than a GameShark, but I can't find one anywhere. :/

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Kamek's Kastle

*Scyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 327

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2001 09:30 PM      Profile for *Scyther   Email *Scyther   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
anyone know what the "POKE" function is for on a BrainBoy?

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 10:39 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It probably lets you write a value into a specified address, BASIC style.

POKE
PEEK

How fucking cute.

------------------
-cfalcon

"DAMN those are some skinny sick cows"
-pkthunder sighting a field of horses

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
*Scyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 327

Rate Member
posted 04-04-2001 05:42 PM      Profile for *Scyther   Email *Scyther   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
basic style?

------------------

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-04-2001 09:00 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can POKE with GameShark, but I wanna PEEK at my pokemon genes so I don't have to do a bunch of math.

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Kamek's Kastle

[This message has been edited by PoKamek (edited 04-04-2001).]

hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 06-10-2001 03:47 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoKamek:
I have one of these. While it's a lot easier to use than a GameShark, it's not as versatile.

Supported options are as follows:
<snipped>

Actually, for the codes it can do, it is just as versatile as the GameShark, since any GameShark code can be converted into a Monster Brain POKE. See this post.

The URL for the converter program has changed. Download it here.

quote:
Originally posted by PoKamek:
But if you just want max stats, get a GameShark. The Monster Brain can't do Max Stats.

Thus, you _can_ do max stats with a Monster Brain.

[ 01-13-2005, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: hanzou ]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-10-2001 07:29 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hanzou, thanks for posting that orignal message on Monster Brain GameShark Codes again. I wanted to ask you, how did you figure out the conversion formula for GS to MB? Was it guess and check, luck, did you hack the source code, or was it just common sense? I'd really like to know, thanks.

-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.