next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » help

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help
ANOON224
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1528

Rate Member
posted 02-14-2001 09:03 PM      Profile for ANOON224     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My friend says there is a code that lets u evolve any pokemon with a moon stone and i was wondering if this is true and if it is can u tell me the code.

------------------

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 02-14-2001 09:22 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quick Answer: FALSE.

Long Answer: See Below.

With a GameShark or the BrainBoy/MonsterBrain, they only edit the RAM. Therefore, if your Pokémon does not physically evolve by Moon Stone (Clefairy, Nidorina, etc.), it isn't possible.

The Game Genie may be only a part answer. It is basically special instructions that when you encounter something in the ROM, you replace it with what the Game Genie code has. Problem is that you need one code per evolution (one for Bulbasaur to Ivysaur, one for Ivysaur to Venusaur, etc), AND furthermore, THERE ARE SOME POKÉMON WHO DON'T EVOLVE! Making a non-evolving Pokémon evolve does not exist in the game, so either the game is hard-coded into not letting it happen or you will crash the game.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.