The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Max Stats and Gaining Levels

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Max Stats and Gaining Levels
CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 02-11-2001 04:47 AM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to ask a stupid question, but I would like to know something. On the web page for sharking max stats in R/B/Y, it says "Your pokemon will now have the hightest stats for it's species and level." or something like that. Do I understand correctly that this means that, for example, if I used a shark to max out two identical monsters, one at level 100 and one at level 50, the one at level 100 would still have higher stats?
If this is true, if I then took that L50 monster and leveled it up normaly by battling, would it then gain stat exp. normaly and it's stats would increase normaly?

Once again, I'm sorry for asking a stupid newbie question, but atleast I remembered not to eat my Game Boy.

------------------
~ Crystal the Anime cat girl ~
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero."
--"Jack" Fight Club

From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Badcrow
Cute Fluffy Squirrel
Member # 684

Member Rated:
posted 02-11-2001 12:45 PM      Profile for Badcrow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you are sharking max stats for a L100 monster you'll have total max stats.

If you shark a max stat L50 and train it your stats may vary, due to the fact that you can't normally balance out what stat experience you will be getting.

A way to keep close to max stats would be selective experience training.

------------------
We're going union like they say, we'll buy the congregation. Then one day you'll find us sitting in your chair with big ideas we'll start some shit.

-Modest mouse

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 02-11-2001 02:51 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
all pokéys of the same level will have the same max stats, unless you haven't maxed their genes as well. if you max only stat experience, their genes will still give them different stats. if you max both, two lvl 50 mews will be identical.

once your stat exp is maxed, it's maxed. if you max it at lvl 50, it will stay maxed all the way up to lvl 100. you will not gain stat exp. you can essentially rare candy your pokéy to lvl 100 and have a max statter (again, depending on the genes). stat exp doesn't increase with your enemy's level, either, so all you need is enough patience to fight hundreds of lvl 3 pokéys with your lvl 100 and you're set.

yes, a maxed pokéy at lvl 100 will have higher stats than a lvl 50. otherwise, why bother going all the way to 100? people would be fighting with maxed-out lvl 40 wigglytuffs, and such.

so your stats are a combination of level, genes, and stat experience (and the species of pokémon you're using, obviously).

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
threats to my virginity are always welcome ;) - crystalmeth

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 02-11-2001 10:52 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spunman:
once your stat exp is maxed, it's maxed. if you max it at lvl 50, it will stay maxed all the way up to lvl 100.

Damn, So I can't just max it to L50 then train it normaly (so I'm only half cheating, it may not make sence to anyone but me, but, oh well)? Well, I guess I'll just go ahead and cheat all the way, what's the difference? I just don't have the paciants to fight thousands and thousands of battles. I feel really bad about it, but I want to hurry up and finish yellow so I can get G/S.
Anyway, thanks for your help guys!

------------------
~ Crystal the Anime cat girl ~
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero."
--"Jack" Fight Club

From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-14-2001 12:19 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CMeth, I'm not totally sure what you are asking. There are three components to the max stats codes:

1- Codes that modify your exp (3 codes). All these do is really affect what level your monster is after you unbox or level it. If you lower this amount, your level will go down. You can replace EXP in game by fighting and winning battles.

2- Codes that modify your stat EXP (10 codes). To have a cute and original game mechanic, your monster gains EXP in his stats. You gain stat EXP in direct relation to the stats of the monsters you fight to level up. You can gain this normally by battling, but it is not displayed anywhere.

3- Codes that modify your genes (2 codes). Your genes are random when you start, and the only way to change them is with external modification. They are designed to give intrinsic variation to the game, so that two monsters are never quite identical.

If you put in all the codes but shrink the amount of EXP, then your monster will be a lower level. His stats will shrink accordingly: your stats are based on level, and the only way to get stats outside of the normal boundaries is to directly modify them. These "unnatural" stats will be replaced whenever the game normally updates them, notably when you unbox (they aren't stored in the box) or level. That's what it means to be the "max for its species and level": it means that the scores you get are the most you could hope for, given perfect genes and max stat EXP.

Higher level monsters of the same species with the same stat EXP and genes have higher stats when compared with the lower level one.

Does this help? If you still like to level, but want to end up with the perfect monster, just modify the genes and maybe the stat EXP. That way you can level up on your own, still...

------------------
-cfalcon

"15 year old Pokémon pimps. Really now. -Annon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.