The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Link battles with NO$GMB -> buggy?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Link battles with NO$GMB -> buggy?
JDonald
Farting Nudist
Member # 126

posted 12-28-2000 12:30 PM      Profile for JDonald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been experimenting with the link battle feature of NO$GMB. Although inferior to the linking feature of Prototype-D, it can actually work for Pokemon sometimes.

I have not yet been able to successfully run a Pokemon Gold/Silver link battle on the Win32 version of NO$GMB. It always crashes the moment I talk to the cable club lady. In fact, with linking, NO$GMB seems to be able to crash in many ways, including snapshot saving and loading. For Pokemon Red/Blue linking, I haven't even been able to get that far.

On the DOS version of NO$GMB, I _have_ successfully played Pokemon Gold/Silver link battles. The DOS version seems much less buggy than the Win32 version, although still pretty buggy compared to other emulators.

If anyone has gotten link battles to work on Win32 NO$GMB with Pokemon Gold/Silver, or knows something about how messed up NO$GMB is in general, please respond.

------------------
-jdonald

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 01-11-2001 02:27 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Works just fine for me, in fact its perfect! Are you using the latest version?

Hmmmm, come to think of it, there was a time when my game would crash every time I talked to someone. I just redownloaded No$GMB and kept the save files, and it stopped doing it.

------------------
If there is true evil in this world, it lies in the heart of Mankind...
-Opening quote in Tales of Phantasia

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 01-11-2001 04:54 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been using NO$GMB version 2.5..

Pokegod, please answer some questions for me.

Which version of NO$GMB are you running?
Is your NO$GMB registered or unregistered?
Which Windows operating system are you running it on (95, 98, Me, NT, or 2000)?
Are you running U.S. Gold/Silver or Japanese Gold/Silver?
Are you linking Gold-to-Gold or Silver-to-Silver?

------------------
-hanzou

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 01-12-2001 08:10 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hanzou:
I've been using NO$GMB version 2.5..

Pokegod, please answer some questions for me.

Which version of NO$GMB are you running?

Windows 2.5

Is your NO$GMB registered or unregistered?

For a while I've been using unregistered, but recently I found a downloadable registered version. Both versions linked.

Which Windows operating system are you running it on (95, 98, Me, NT, or 2000)?

Win 98

Are you running U.S. Gold/Silver or Japanese Gold/Silver?

U.S. English

Are you linking Gold-to-Gold or Silver-to-Silver?

Gold to Gold

If you want the one I have, go to http://bleemer.heha.net/

------------------

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 01-12-2001 08:12 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokegod:

Hmmmm, come to think of it, there was a time when my game would crash every time I talked to someone. I just redownloaded No$GMB and kept the save files, and it stopped doing it.

I just remembered, I didn't redownload the emulator, I redownloaded the game... or both, my memory doesn't serve me well...

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.