The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Mew code gives weaker Mew?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mew code gives weaker Mew?
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read about Mew on Nintendo of Sweden's official Pokémon page, and it said there that "Some people use gameshark to get Mew. But the Mew they're getting is not the real Mew and it is weaker than the real one."

Is that true? Or is it just something nintendo has been spreading around to prevent people from using GS so they can have 20 Mews? I've always wondered that...

------------------
"Why doesn't the magnet pick up this floppy disk?"

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 12-16-2000 04:12 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I recall correctly, the mew that nintendo gave out had roughly: 290 attack, 270, defense, 290 speed, and 270 special

If you just gamesharked one Mew and kept it, it would likely be lower than those values, but it could be higher. Since Nintendo is stupid, they probably don't know about DV's and only looked at one gamesharked Mew (which happened to have lower stats). The Nintendo Mew isn't the maximum that a Mew can have, you could shark a Mew then shark its stats to the Maximum it could have (check sharkery section for Max stat codes), which i believe is 292 for each stat except HP. Someone else here could probably give you an explanation of DV's.

------------------
If there is true evil in this world, it lies in the heart of Mankind...
-Opening quote in Tales of Phantasia

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 04:58 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the official Nintendo Mews have these max stats: 383/288/270/292/278. This corresponds to genes of 5/10/1/12/5, which is rather low.

------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
-- Red Green

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 05:15 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So all the Mews have the exact same genes? Genes are the same as DV's, right?
It looks rather low, yes, but if all the Mews have the same max stats, then at least I know that no Mew will be stronger than mine

quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
All the official Nintendo Mews have these max stats: 383/288/270/292/278. This corresponds to genes of 5/10/1/12/5, which is rather low.

------------------
"Why doesn't the magnet pick up this floppy disk?"

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 05:07 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the Mews that Nintendo give out have the same genes(DV's) The maximum possible stats for a Mew are 403/298/298/298/298.

------------------

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.