next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » A great loss

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A great loss
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2000 10:56 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ladies and gentlemen, Pokemon colleagues. A great loss has transpired tonight. The victim was me, and the loss? 91 hours, 21 minutes, 145 Pokemon, 16 badges...the list goes on. My Pokemon Silver froze up tonight, and when I turned it back on, my options were limited to two I didn't want to see for a while: Options and New Game. Now I'm not saying I haven't sharked this cart once in a while. You all know how long it takes to make them damn eggs hatch. But I'd give it all up to have my game back. I know I made a few mistakes in it, but I wasn't ready to start again. Those Pokemon weren't ready to die. Is there any way to recover the save game? I didn't start a new one yet, if that helps any. Any suggestions/help/sympathy for my Pokemon would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a United States Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered so far. If you can't find yourself, hit REFRESH.

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2000 11:03 PM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry?

Boy, those GS carts have their share of problems.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2000 11:04 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, this probably isn't the time you want to here this, but...now might be a good time to get one of these.

My condolences...

------------------
"My nightmares just can't scare me now, baby, without you." -Everclear

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2000 11:13 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mega Memory Card, eh? Sounds like a great deal. Damn me, I was gonna get one after Christmas too. Too bad it looks so much like the now-feared GameShark. No one has any idea if it's possible to somehow recover the data, huh? Oh well. I had to start over soon or later anyhow. Damn, that hurts. I'll have to add a RIP page to my site for my fallen buddies.

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a United States Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered so far. If you can't find yourself, hit REFRESH.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2000 11:18 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I moved your post over here because it's more likely the mad scientists might have an answer for you, if there is one.

There might be a byte someone that just needs to be bit...but I doubt it.

At any rate, I got my MegaMem card for just this reason. I would have nightmares thinking about poor Team Wiggly being vaporized.

Now I have them backed up on my Game Pak, the Mega Mem and Stadium. Hmmm...just to be sure, maybe I should put copies on my Red and Yellow carts, too...

------------------
"My nightmares just can't scare me now, baby, without you." -Everclear

Badcrow
Cute Fluffy Squirrel
Member # 684

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for Badcrow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for your loss. that happend with my blue cart brining my research to a screeching halt.

The metallic carts have their problems but can stand up to being dropped and popping form your gameboy from time to time. (er that sucked)

------------------

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2000 11:44 AM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
Well, this probably isn't the time you want to here this, but...

quote:

...isn't the time you want to here this...

quote:

...here this...

I did it! I finally found a spelling mistake in one of Mr. K's posts!

Treasure this moment forever, before he either deletes this post or edits his own.

------------------
"Psybro is cool. Don't fuck with him."-The Day Fish Went Mad
Not related to the G/S Lord Psybro.

[This message has been edited by Psybro (edited 12-13-2000).]

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2000 01:05 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, all spelling mistakes aside, I've since started over this morning. I do have all my old movesets in an Excel spreadsheet. Now I just need to catch all the Pokemon and beat all the gyms again. Since I have to have this do-over, I think I'm gonna train some Pokemon I didn't train before. Maybe Beedrill or something. Thanks for everyone's support. Visit my site below. I'll be putting up a RIP page for all my Silver Pokemon in a few days.

------------------

Anxious Clock
President Taft
Member # 1159

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2000 06:41 PM      Profile for Anxious Clock     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1970Beetle:
Ladies and gentlemen, Pokemon colleagues. A great loss has transpired tonight. The victim was me, and the loss? 91 hours, 21 minutes, 145 Pokemon, 16 badges...the list goes on. My Pokemon Silver froze up tonight, and when I turned it back on, my options were limited to two I didn't want to see for a while: Options and New Game. Now I'm not saying I haven't sharked this cart once in a while. You all know how long it takes to make them damn eggs hatch. But I'd give it all up to have my game back. I know I made a few mistakes in it, but I wasn't ready to start again. Those Pokemon weren't ready to die. Is there any way to recover the save game? I didn't start a new one yet, if that helps any. Any suggestions/help/sympathy for my Pokemon would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

You prolly don't wanna hear what I have to say, but when my Blue cart froze up (255 hours, 151 pkmn, tons of pokemon raised, level 90 sandslash, jolteon, etc), it freaked me out. I turned it off, then back on. NEW GAME-OPTIONS. Ack! I almost died that day. However, I quickly turned it off, thinking it was a mistake..and then I turned it on to find that..my game was back to normal. Everything was ok. Sweet, huh? I know it doesn't make ya feel any better Beetle, but it should be an inspirational story! Next time your Silver freezes, turn the bitch off! Either that or shark yer Pokemon. Eh. Sorry for yer loss.

Oh, and one time, my friend was using a Game Genie (ugh) and it wiggled as he was entering a code, and it deleted his save.
Game Genies suck.

------------------
"Anthrax is a sex god! Or at least, that's what his pet hamster told me"-Psybro, on Anthrax being a sex god

[This message has been edited by Anxious Clock (edited 12-13-2000).]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 12-14-2000 04:00 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, I make typos all the time.

If you only noticed that one, you need to turn in your Red Correction Pen!

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 12-14-2000 03:40 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never!
K, you just earned your ass a detention.

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Badcrow
Cute Fluffy Squirrel
Member # 684

Member Rated:
posted 12-14-2000 05:37 PM      Profile for Badcrow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This time around you need to train an Arbok. The almighty Arbok will protect your game.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.