The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » gold and silver fail safe?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gold and silver fail safe?
mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2000 11:10 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
since my game is massivley(sp?) sharked
I cant use the trading center or battle center

and no I didnt use the all badges cheat

is there a gameshark code to fix my game?

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 05:50 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's pretty vague.

What exactly did you do?

------------------
"Kaloo limpah!"

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 06:45 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do notice that when I Shark a critter into having any DV combo and Stat.Exp, when I go to remove it from the box, it takes longer than normal. Is that a way to show they've been Sharked, or just...lag?

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 07:12 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
I do notice that when I Shark a critter into having any DV combo and Stat.Exp, when I go to remove it from the box, it takes longer than normal. Is that a way to show they've been Sharked, or just...lag?

that happens to me too!

------------------

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewteos
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1143

Rate Member
posted 11-27-2000 07:23 PM      Profile for Mewteos   Email Mewteos   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoa, strange...

I shark pretty heavily too, but nothing like that ever happens to me, except the Annon floor is gone without ever solving the puzzle...

Tell me exactly what happens when you use the Trading/Battling Center, and what you sharked for.

------------------
~Mewteos was here.

[This message has been edited by Mewteos (edited 11-27-2000).]

From: *points over there* | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 07:28 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mewteos:
Whoa, strange...

I shark pretty heavily too, but nothing like that ever happens to me, except the Annon floor is gone without ever solving the puzzle...

Tell me exactly what happens when you use the Trading/Battling Center, and what you sharked for.

that happened to me to

------------------

PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 07:33 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sharked the take all 3 starters after I beat the game, and it messed the stuff up with the battle and trade center.

The lag is because it has max stats and didn't come that way IMO, because when I fed mine all the vitamins to give it max stats it gave the Lanturn "lag".

Does this help any?

------------------
~PIkaBlade - proud Head of TCG @ pkmn2.com~
~PikaBlade*69 @ Bulbagarden Forums~
~Come visit Pika Networks for Anime/Gaming info!~
http://pikanetwork.hypermart.net
~I Am Chaotic Evil!~

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 07:42 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sorry but now pikablade
I need to know how to fix my game

------------------
Homer: [on phone] Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night.
They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but
they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
Marge: Homer! Watch your mouth!
Homer: Aw, I gotta go. My damn weiner kids are listening.

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 10:49 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you PikaBlade. I was worried the lag'd be something to clue in to Nintendo officials somehow in tournies that you Sharked.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 11-28-2000 12:44 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the lag is the gameboy performing calculations. there is a routine every pokéy goes through when being removed from the box, which basically refigures all its stats and level. if you give your pokéy more experience than it should have, this routine must run through its entirety to "shave off" the excess exp.

as for a code to fix your game, you've probably input a wrong code somewhere that affected something it shouldn't have, or maybe the gameshark itself lost a bit or two when transferring a code. without knowing exactly what information was written to what address, the only sure way to fix your problem is to start your game from scratch.

------------------
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-28-2000 09:25 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but I dont want to

------------------

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-28-2000 10:26 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hey...I noticed on your site that you have dragons listed under "Phyiscals". Dragons should be listed under "Specials", since their attacks are based on the special stat.

------------------
"How much Rye could a Raichu chew, if a Raichu could chew Rye?" -Me
------------------
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish

Pokemon G/S Gameshark Archive

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 11-28-2000 10:37 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ooh, thanks. now i've gotta redo that stupid chart, too...

btw, thanks for that humungo codes post you made a while back. if it weren't for that, i'd still be collecting data for my pokédex!

------------------

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 11-29-2000 07:28 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The get all 3 starters code is the culprit behind the Unown Puzzles going missing and the link capabilities messing up. The only workaround is to shark the other two after you got one. Other side effects of this code?

Elm's healing machine doesn't work (use Pokécenters).
No way to catch Unowns even if you shark it (the game crashes but no data is erased or corrupted, it just makes a blank screen that persists).

The fix to this is to reset the events (solving the puzzles is different from the hole in the floor, but could be on the same byte) using an event code, so if someone could find that event code, we would be all happier. My guesses is that the code is 01xx????, where ???? is the memory spot that would be needed, and xx is FF if you solve all of the Unown puzzles and have holes in the floor for all of them. Now if someone would take the time to find that spot in the memory...

------------------
Remember, lest we forget... today is rememberance day
kelv, November 11, 2000

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2000 08:16 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's why I plan to Shark everything on my Gold game, then have them transferred to Silver, instead of Sharking them in Silver. Problems like these.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 01:44 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh no...

It's all my fault...

I found that code on a site...

------------------
Why did Tigger hang around the bathroom?
-He was looking for Pooh!

Visit my code archive! (Lugia-the flying fish's is better)
Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 08:51 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kelv:
The get all 3 starters code is the culprit behind the Unown Puzzles going missing and the link capabilities messing up. The only workaround is to shark the other two after you got one. Other side effects of this code?

Elm's healing machine doesn't work (use Pokécenters).
No way to catch Unowns even if you shark it (the game crashes but no data is erased or corrupted, it just makes a blank screen that persists).

The fix to this is to reset the events (solving the puzzles is different from the hole in the floor, but could be on the same byte) using an event code, so if someone could find that event code, we would be all happier. My guesses is that the code is 01xx????, where ???? is the memory spot that would be needed, and xx is FF if you solve all of the Unown puzzles and have holes in the floor for all of them. Now if someone would take the time to find that spot in the memory...

kelv could you find that spot in the memory???

------------------

PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 09:48 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...
The 3 starter code is ONLY responsible for the crash if you do it, say, after you've left New Bark Town. And, it comes with weird things like machine Part on it. I started with all 3 in the beginning, and am proud to say my game isn't bugged like that. ^_^

Now, I'd love to help you fix your game, but your best bet is to mess with your trainer ID when you start a new game, so you can trade your old Pokemon to another version and back to you again.

As for the code, I'll work on that sometime. As if I don't have enough time to do so...

------------------
~PIkaBlade - proud Head of TCG @ pkmn2.com~
~PikaBlade*69 @ Bulbagarden Forums~
~Come visit Pika Networks for Anime/Gaming info!~
http://pikanetwork.hypermart.net
~I Am Chaotic Evil!~

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 10:26 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
About the lag thing, I don't shark, and it lags up on my level 100s. It doesn't on the lower level dudes. I think it might have something to do with the numbers being generated... remember, everytime you take it out of the box it recalculates the stats.

------------------
"The population has forced me into changing my online political affiliation to "fascist"."- JT Toad, on Azure's current group.

AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-01-2000 04:00 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
tj: sorry, i shoulda been more clear. =P

------------------
"what if mr. mewtwo has blizzard, perhaps the tm most commonly used on it?" - psybro teaching me humility
look, i'm a kiwi!

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 12-04-2000 01:21 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't have a thing that looks through the RAM, but I was thinking that it could be on the save...

As for PB, now I know that it would crash the game. I just used the code at the beginning to round them up and get 6 more pokémon in my 'dex.

------------------
Remember, lest we forget... today is rememberance day
kelv, November 11, 2000

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2000 09:43 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what thing would I need to look at the RAM ???

------------------

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 12-07-2000 07:55 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
????

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-08-2000 12:21 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no$gb looks thru ram.

i've tried to peek at the d0ed bytes to see if i can determine the next pokéy i'll run into inna tall grass, but alas, the program determines these bytes at the time of the encounter. would of made a cool trick to show my friends, too...

there's a lotta ram, tho, and it's a PAIN to look through. unless you knew what you were looking for, i wouldn't do it. but that's just me.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
look, i'm a kiwi! (i'm in denial now... humor me...)

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.