The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Obtaining Wing Attack and Flamethrower on Moltres sans cheat equipment

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obtaining Wing Attack and Flamethrower on Moltres sans cheat equipment
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 02:20 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...Yeah, so it involves the Missingno Glitch. But Nintendo deserve it! THEY gave Moltres the ability to learn Wing Attack and Flamethrower- if they want to piss and moan about us USING them, they've got no one to blame but themselves!

Anywho. The only snag in this grand old master plan is that you need to have wild above Lv. 100 Moltres appear when you Missingno Glitch- which is determined by the third, sixth, and seventh letters in your name. So if you don't get them, you're going to have to start a new file for them. In addition, I don't know what the letter(s) are. ~_~

However, that is just a minor obstacle that will be overcome in time! Here's how to do it:

1. Catch the Moltres from the merry ol' shores of Cinnabar. It goes without saying that you need Red or Blue for this trick.

2. Feed it Rare Candies until it dies of indigestion- or reaches 255, whichever comes first. One more Rare Candy will put it back to Lv. 0.

3. Take it to the Daycare and put it in, then take it out again. This will remove the minor glitched graphic on your Pokémon screen.

4. You now have a perfectly healthy Lv. 0 Moltres! Good for you! Now send it to Gold or Silver.

5. All you have to do now is let it gain experience. One fight (without fainting) and it will jump to Lv. 100, and begin learning ALL of its attacks- starting with Wing Attack and Ember! Of course, this includes Flamethrower!

Of course, this can be used on Articuno, Zapdos, and any other RBY Pokémon you can think of. If for any sick reason you wanted a legitimate Disabling Mewtwo, your dreams can now come true. The only restriction is being able to catch them during the Missingno Glitch.

I have tested this with the Lv. 168 Squirtles from my Blue cartridge, and it went off without a hitch. Tackle and Tail Whip were the first things it learned.
~Uiru is proud of himself now, let me tell you

------------------

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Footitch
Farting Nudist
Member # 663

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 10:11 AM      Profile for Footitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
d00d! That is phat! Also, as for the digits... I'll get those in sec.

------------------
-ƒřř†|†˘H
"Drew, are you green?" -My teacher, after noticing that some vegetable coloring had stained my face and hands.
-----
If you are already insane, then there is nothing to worry about.

Footitch
Farting Nudist
Member # 663

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 10:16 AM      Profile for Footitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lance the Dragon Master:

Here is a list of the level 100+ Pokémon. You put the letter next to the Pokémon into the third, fifth, or seventh slot for your name.
A: Golduck
B: Hypno
C: Golbat
D: Mewtwo
E: Snorlax
F: Magikarp
G: Missingno.
H: Missingno.
I: Muk
J: Missingno.
K: Kingler
L: Cloyster
M: Missingno.
N: Electrode
O: Clefable
P: Weezing
Q: Persian
R: Marowak
S: Missingno.
T: Haunter
U: Abra
V: Alakazam
W: Pidgeotto
X: Pidgeot
Y: Starmie
Z: Bulbasaur
a: Missingno.
b: Missingno.
c: Missingno.
d: Ponyta
e: Rapidash
f: Rattata
g: Raticate
h: Nidorino
i: Nidorina
j: Geodude
k: Porygon
l: Aerodactyl
m: Missingno.
n: Magnemite
o: Missingno.
p: Missingno.
q: Charmander
r: Squirtle
s: Charmeleon
t: Wartortle
u: Charizard
v: Missingno.
w: Missingno.
x: Missingno.
y: Missingno.
z: Oddish

For example, if my name was __D_E_O I would get Mewtwo, Snorlax and Clefable as my level 100+ list.

Lots of thanks to Squirrel Taskmaker of RPGamer for this list!

There's your answer! Enjoy!

------------------
-ƒřř†|†˘H
"Drew, are you green?" -My teacher, after noticing that some vegetable coloring had stained my face and hands.
-----

[This message has been edited by Footitch (edited 11-12-2000).]

Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 11-12-2000 11:44 AM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, Footitch? Moltres isn't in the above list.

------------------
-Dragonite21

"Do not eat the Gameboy"
-cfalcon enlightening us on how to shark max stats in G/S

Jenova
Farting Nudist
Member # 727

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 12:20 PM      Profile for Jenova   Author's Homepage   Email Jenova   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then I guess you cant get it by the Missingno thingy....

------------------
Every one of you... craves life's pleasures, yet you don't indulge. You wanna drink from ecstacy's cup... yet you won't imbibe. You wanna walk the edge, like me, but you're afraid to fall. So you back away, slowly, hoping no one notices your frailties, your cowardess. You wish you weren't so weak, and you hurt. But what do you know about pain? Try walking in my shoes. Experience my sorrow. A childhood without hope, a life without joy...but hey -- at least you'll be alive.
They say the misfit is the weak-minded's guide down alienation's barren path. But really, I walk alone.

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 11-12-2000 12:59 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like you are putting in alphabet digits but the game is interpreting them as Pokémon digits. So, although it would be defeating the purpose of this topic anyway, would be to shark one letter in your name with Moltres' (or any other pokémon's) digits. But if you're using the shark anyways, why don't you just outright shark them in GS? Oh well...

------------------
Remember, lest we forget... today is rememberance day
kelv, November 11, 2000

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 03:50 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, there is a change Lower case letters and special characters have a special pokemon.

Anyways, nice job Uiru! Totally Brilliant, and totally Leagal(Well, sort of. The Big N prolly won't allow it in tourneys, but for friendly battles, I'm sure you can do it.)!

Oh, and BTW, I love your Database site. It rules!

------------------
Please check out my website, home of my studies at: http://all.at/jman
got 50megs but I don't know how to use 'em!"
~The Great Dreamer, Showing his progress on creating the PWL site.

PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 04:37 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't understand what you mean @_@ please explain further...how do you change the Pokemon??? I don't get what it means..

------------------
If you have problems with me or anything I do, call 1-800-555-1212 and ask about it. I will gladly tell you how to shove your problems with me up yo ass where yo head is.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 04:59 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about the special characters, like (, ), the funny x, PK, MN, etc? One of them has got to be Moltres. I heard something about Golduck being a h80 and Moltres being h49... I have no idea what that means, though.

Would it be too much to ask for one of you guys to Shark some of those fancy characters into your name and check what you get?
~Uiru- thanks. That site eats up more of my time... ^_^

------------------

Footitch
Farting Nudist
Member # 663

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 08:37 PM      Profile for Footitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, unfortunately those characters weren't listed under that topic I got those digits from. If anyone would like to volunteer to try and find the pokemon that represent those digits, feel free to tell us what you come up with.

------------------
-ƒřř†|†˘H
-----

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2001 02:39 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can get them back by Stadium 2 or Crystal anyway.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 09:50 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps this was a consideration when they put that feature in?

------------------
-cfalcon

"Go Beep with many people"
-Stadium 2 slut

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 03:14 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
Perhaps this was a consideration when they put that feature in?

Possibly. They knew that somehow, people would figure these Pokémon could get moves before their appropriate level (Shark), so they put these in. Until the Pokémon could find a way to remember these moves, it could be used as an anti-shark device.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
HELICEisCool
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1747

Rate Member
posted 05-22-2001 06:16 PM      Profile for HELICEisCool   Email HELICEisCool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...can't you use the code for when you beat Lance that you get to choose one of your old attacks on a Pokemon? Which IS legal compared to the missingno. trick.

------------------

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2001 11:11 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crystal TM's.
From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 06-10-2001 12:59 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Footitch:
Well, unfortunately those characters weren't listed under that topic I got those digits from. If anyone would like to volunteer to try and find the pokemon that represent those digits, feel free to tell us what you come up with.

Looking at a pokemon alphabet, the only characters in the non-Missingno area are: ( ) : ; [ ]

( 9Ah Venusaur
) 9Bh Tentacruel
: 9Ch Missingno
; 9Dh Goldeen
[ 9Eh Seaking
] 9Fh Missingno

And of course, no Moltres though.

------------------
-hanzou

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 11:41 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's think about this. The lowest-numbered legitimate character is at 80 (HEX 50), for the "End" terminator. Everything else is at least a 128.
Articuno's number: 74 (HEX 4A)
Zapdos's number: 75 (HEX 4B)
Moltres's number: 73 (HEX 49)
So, as you can see, you cannot use the Missingno. glitch to get any of these. (And just to get this cut off, Mew is assigned the number 21 (HEX 15), so you can't catch it this way either.) However, that moveset is still possible using none other than the Stadium 2 Move Restorer.

------------------

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 03:04 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know that *NOW*...
~Uiru

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 03:08 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uiru, I have a question for you. I never really was into MissingNo, duping 6th items, 100 above level Pokemon, etc.. in Red/Blue, but, I have a question about it.

In Red and Blue, let's say I had a Pokémon at level 98. If I used Rare Candy after Rare Candy, would it level up above 100 to like level 254, or would it stop at level 100?

I'm guessing it stops at level 100, I just wanna be sure, secondly.

For those that you use through missingno, and level up with rare candy after rare candy that are already about 100, what level do they have to hit that sends them back to a low level?

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A Pokemon in RBY stops at level 100. If you caught a poke above level 100 via Missingno, you can use Rare Candies, but once it gets experience points, it levels down to 100. Clear enough?

------------------
"What's that?"
"What? It's just a cigarette!"
"Cigarette? Dat's Cigaweed!"

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 09:03 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Normally, level-building stops at Lv. 100. You can't get any higher than that. However, if you catch one of the, say, Lv. 168 Squirtles that plague my games, you can level it up to 255. Give it another Rare Candy and it'll revert to 0.

...I was about to go off on a big old spiel about what to do with a Lv. 0 Pokémon, but that's already in this thread.
~Uiru

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 09:59 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for using the word "spiel." I like that word, or something...

-MK

-------------------
"Now you understand, the controller in your hand, you almost beat the game, but you ain't the ####ing man!"

-Legend of Zelda Rap Parody

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 12:00 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And just L168 Squirtles? What about those L180 Missingno.s you keep running into? Did you ever catch one of THOSE?

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolt135, do you have a point or somethin? Like, are you saying Uiru is a liar or somethin? He isn't, I'm not sure of what you said because what you said wasn't very clear...

-MK

theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 09:19 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know something that not even experts or Meowth knows about the Missingno cheat.
Here it is --> Red and Blue versions react a little bit different to the cheat. Find out for yourself by using the same name in both red AND blue, then use the missingno cheat. You should get one type in red and the other in blue. It works much better if you do not fight or beat the elite four.

Here's an interesting idea.
Step 1: Use gameshark to get the surfboard and masterballs.
Step 2: Use the missingno cheat.
Step 3: Catch one of each type of pokemon you find there.
Step 4: Duplicate your rare candies. You should find at least 2 in the abandoned lab.
Step 5: Use them to make all of you pokemon level 100.
Step 6: Start fighting everyone with level 100 pokemon. Blaine will be the first gym leader you fight if you do this. Fight the others in whatever order you want to.
Step 7: Start bragging to your friends that you had all level 100 pokemon at the start of the game and that you fought the gyms in a totally crazy order.

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 01:47 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why won't this topic die?
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Dav1dL
Farting Nudist
Member # 2046

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 02:20 PM      Profile for Dav1dL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because Moltres is just too good to let any of its topic's go to rest.

- - - - -
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 11:42 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll drink to that!
~Uiru- *chugs some water*

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 07:25 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another reason why it's not dying: You never answered my question about what you do with the L180 Missingno.s. Do you catch them? Beat them down with a Squirtle's Tackle? (L168 Squirtle, that is.)
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 04:40 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I run, naturally. I don't need them shagging with my data.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Dark Master 666
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1556

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 09:37 PM      Profile for Dark Master 666     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is also a completely legitimate way to obtain a Moltres with Wing Attack and/or FlameThrower.

Step One: Catch Moltres on an RBY game pak

Step Two: Trade it over to a GSC game pak

Step Three: Beat R1 or R2 Gym Leader Castle in Pokémon Stadium 2 with a non-registered team directly from the GSC game pak

After those are accomplished, the move restorer will appear in "White City" every day and you can restore moves that your pokémon have forgotten, or just never learned, as long as they learn it naturally.

- - - - -
I know not what path others may take, but as for me, give me leberty or give me death!

From: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2001 03:42 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We all know that, Dark Master.

(And you have to beat the Elite Five each time you want a move re-learned.)

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

Š 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.