The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Game Restoration Code?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Game Restoration Code?
Kabutops
Farting Nudist
Member # 195

Rate Member
posted 11-08-2000 01:16 PM      Profile for Kabutops     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There was one in RBY so there should be one for GS. Anyone know it?

------------------

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2000 12:32 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont think the one for RBY worked

------------------
Homer: [on phone] Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night.
They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but
they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
Marge: Homer! Watch your mouth!
Homer: Aw, I gotta go. My damn weiner kids are listening.
"My team may be cheap, but...shove it if you don't like it, k???" -PikaBlade

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2000 03:38 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mewtwo's fortress:
I dont think the one for RBY worked

You are right. That code never did exsist for R/B/Y.

It was a rumor made up by newbies...

------------------
Hah, and no man can doubt the intense sexual magnetism one wields while carrying a Pikaplush.
Sadly, the thing's been laid more times than I have
-Cat Gonk
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish
Pokemon G/S Gameshark Archive

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
PsyDork
Farting Nudist
Member # 717

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2000 11:38 PM      Profile for PsyDork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, it DOES work. But you have to be EXTREMELY lucky. My save file had been corrupted, so I plugged in the code, and lo and behold - the save file was restored. The code I used was B123D7CF. You can't restore a save file that has been deleted, but you can restore a save file that has been corrupted(but not always). Good luck. I hope it works for you!

------------------
PsyDork's Signature Version 1.4

You may be a Penguin, but I'm a PSYCHIC Penguin!

From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2000 01:22 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyDork:
Actually, it DOES work. But you have to be EXTREMELY lucky. My save file had been corrupted, so I plugged in the code, and lo and behold - the save file was restored. The code I used was B123D7CF. You can't restore a save file that has been deleted, but you can restore a save file that has been corrupted(but not always). Good luck. I hope it works for you!

No...you don't have to be "Lucky". Like you said, tho, you can't restore a deleted game. You can, however, restore a corrupte file/ (Thats been known for a while now.)

The code "Cleans Up" anything that may have corrupted your file, but doesn't bring back an old file. Once your game is gone, its gone for good. (Unless you used a mega memory card).

------------------
Hah, and no man can doubt the intense sexual magnetism one wields while carrying a Pikaplush.
Sadly, the thing's been laid more times than I have
-Cat Gonk

PsyDork
Farting Nudist
Member # 717

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 01:05 AM      Profile for PsyDork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The reason I say you have to be "lucky" is because it doesn't always restore a corrupted file.

------------------

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 02:33 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyDork:
The reason I say you have to be "lucky" is because it doesn't always restore a corrupted file.

ahhhh...Okay. I see.
I thought you were saying that, somehow your DELETED file could be restored...

*Gets a bat and hits himself over the head*

------------------
The Infinite Wisdom (/sarcisim) of FlamingMonkey645:
My God, some people are so misinformed about marijuana...It's NOT addictive.It's NOT gonna give you damn cancer.
-------------------

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 02:37 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey PsyDork...mind if I use that code in the Shark G/S Archive?

(Is that code for G/S?)

PsyDork
Farting Nudist
Member # 717

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2000 05:24 PM      Profile for PsyDork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, I don't mind at all. As far as I know, though, the code only works for R/B/Y. I haven't tested it on G/S yet, but my guess is it doesn't work. I'll try hacking the G/S version soon. As soon as I do, I'll let you know.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.