The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » A monkey in need...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A monkey in need...
Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 11-05-2000 06:21 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The gameshark boards look a little too unhappy for my tastes, so I'll post my little problem here.
I buy gameshark Online (v 3.1)
I stick it in the Gameboy Color with the little down arrow facing me. I turn the switch towards the GS button. I stick in Pokemon Blue, with the label facing away from me, upside down into the slot thingy on the back of the Gameshark.
I turn it on.
I go to codes.
I choose Pokemon Red + Blue as my game.
I enter the code to give the first Pokemon in my party Body Slam as its third move.
I got the code from AH, and triple checked it was correct.
I saved the code.
I exited the menus.
I am at the main menu.
I choose Start Game.
I choose Codes on.
A message box tells me I'm playing Pokemon and to turn the switch off. I turn the switch away from the GS button.
The game starts.
I press A to skip the intro.
I'm at the title screen.
I hit A.
There is a diolog box with nothing in it, and a strange beat for music.
I hit A.
The Gameboy Color starts making funky pokemon noises.
It makes a fanfare.
It makes more funky pokemon noises.
I then get in the diolog box some funky characters and ERROR 4040.
I have a choice between YES or NO.
I FREAK OUT.
I TURN THE GAME OFF.
I REMOVE THE GAMESHARK AND PUT IN BLUE NORMALLY.
THANK GOD MY SAVED DATA WAS NOT ERASED.

Alright, what the hell did I do wrong, and how do I do this right? Or is my Gameshark Online Version 3.1 screwed up and I should have just gotten Version 3.0?

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
?:p
o.B

Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2000 07:05 PM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow this has happend to other people you just have to try it again then it'll work did for me ^_^

------------------
"Maaan, it rocks. I love rolling it along the ground and looking at its face." - Branners

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 11-06-2000 09:26 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did the same thing 20 more times. It still screws up.

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
o.B

Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 11-08-2000 06:38 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*ressurect*

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
o.B

Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 11-17-2000 06:56 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*reressurect*

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
o.B

Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 11-17-2000 07:07 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just leave this topic to die and stop reserecting it. If you still have problems, check your codes or buy a new gameshark. There's a reason no one's responding, it's because many people come on here and ask why their gameshark isn't working. Again, it's either the codes or a screwed up gameshark.
</rant>

------------------
This is your Kirby:
<('-'<) "...aw, how cute."

This is your Kirby on drugs:
<(@_@)> "...oh my god, you gave my Kirby drugs?!"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.