The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » DV Modifiers (no max stats)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DV Modifiers (no max stats)
Robochu82
Farting Nudist
Member # 871

Rate Member
posted 10-29-2000 04:39 PM      Profile for Robochu82   Email Robochu82   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi. I know the max stat codes, but how would you modify them to get other DV values other than 15?

------------------

From: Florissant, MO USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Darukaru
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1100

Rate Member
posted 10-29-2000 06:03 PM      Profile for Darukaru     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You grok hexadecimal math? The FF (in the code) = 15. You can replace it with any other value you feel like. For instance, FE = 14, FD = 13, and so on down the line to 01, which is... 01. Just a simple matter of substitution.
From: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Darukaru
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1100

Rate Member
posted 10-29-2000 06:06 PM      Profile for Darukaru     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aaactually, I messed up, being as FF = 255. Silly me. Uh, I'll let someone else cover this in depth. ;b But you get the general idea, no? Replace the values and play around.
From: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 11:42 AM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'd really like to know myself. This would be great for the Gameshark Archive!

------------------
Pokemon Gold/Silver Gameshark Codes

The Poke Breeders
Coming Soon

Want to talk to me?
[ICQ] -96227422
[AIM] -LugiaTheFlyNFish

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 01:35 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't think of talking about hexadecimal conversion already, would I?

------------------
-cfalcon

FIREBREATHER DICK wants to battle!

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robochu82
Farting Nudist
Member # 871

Rate Member
posted 10-30-2000 02:45 PM      Profile for Robochu82   Email Robochu82   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, lets see if I get this.

The hex value inputed is FF and not 0F (which would equal 15), because it stands for F(16) + F(1). So that 15(16) + 15(1) = 255. So if i wanted DVs of 10, would I replace all the FFs with AAs, since A is the Hex value of 10?

------------------

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 07:18 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
C'mon, Falcon...just post the digits for the DVs! Please? W/a cherry on top?

Anyway, would we plug the Dvs into the Gene Modifiers or stat EXP modifers?

------------------
Pokemon Gold/Silver Gameshark Codes

The Poke Breeders
Coming Soon

Want to talk to me?
[ICQ] -96227422
[AIM] -LugiaTheFlyNFish

Robochu82
Farting Nudist
Member # 871

Rate Member
posted 10-30-2000 08:14 PM      Profile for Robochu82   Email Robochu82   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my guess is both. Where ever there is an FF in the Max stat codes, replace with the new digits.

0 - 00
1 - 11
2 - 22
3 - 33
4 - 44
5 - 55
6 - 66
7 - 77
8 - 88
9 - 99
10 - AA
11 - BB
12 - CC
13 - DD
14 - EE
15 - FF

------------------

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 10:10 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robochu82:
my guess is both. Where ever there is an FF in the Max stat codes, replace with the new digits.

0 - 00
1 - 11
2 - 22
3 - 33
4 - 44
5 - 55
6 - 66
7 - 77
8 - 88
9 - 99
10 - AA
11 - BB
12 - CC
13 - DD
14 - EE
15 - FF

Okay, thanks. As soon as someone can test these codes out and makes sure that they work, you'll be getting credit, Robochu.

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 11:39 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just tested the above codes myself, and they DO work! I'll be adding them to my Archive soon...thanks Robochu!

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2000 02:32 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arrgh! Wrong! No!

Rrrrrr....

Replacing them both will always make attack and defense the same value, and the same with speed and special.

Ok fine.

Here are the max stat codes for max genes:

01FF3FDA
01FF40DA

Now, I never had an instruction manual, so "01" probably just means "insert byte" or someshit. FF is the data to be held in that position while the GS switch is on, and the last two bytes (a byte is 8 bits or 2 hexadecimal values) are transposed for the memory value of DA3F and DA40 (which we don't care about for this post).

This code means this:

ATT gene = F
DEF gene = F
SPD gene = F
SPC gene = F

Let's say you want a monster with genes of (in decimal) 1,9,15,13. So you convert to hex (this just means 10 to 15 map to A-F here):

ATT gene = 1
DEF gene = 9
SPD gene = F
SPC gene = D

So the codes would be:

01193FDA
01FD40DA

If you need help entering codes in bold, get out your shark manual stick it in your ear so it can whisper to you better.

The HP gene is done the *EXACT* same way as it is in the chromatics (the last bit of every other gene, in the order above).

So let's imagine you wanted a monster that had a max HP gene. You would need all of the last bits set in the other four, meaning you would want them odd. If you want min hp gene, you make them all even. If you want, say an HP gene of 10, you convert it to hex (A) or better yet straight to binary (1010) which means that the gene for Attack (the first bit) need to be odd, the gene for defense (the second bit) needs to be even, the gene for speed (the third bit) needs to be odd, and the gene for special (the fourth bit) also needs to be odd.

This means that the sample monster above would have max Hp gene.

Does this help?

------------------
-cfalcon

FIREBREATHER DICK wants to battle!

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 09:52 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come Again???

*confused*
*hurt himself in the confusion!*

------------------
Homer: Yeah Moe, you see the game last night? yeah, that team sucked. They just plain sucked. They were the suckiest sucks that ever sucked.
=======================
Visit my Code Archive!!

Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.