The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » **SPOILER: Don't read if you want to CLONE###

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: **SPOILER: Don't read if you want to CLONE###
jedi_DOJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 844

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2000 03:26 PM      Profile for jedi_DOJ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've tested the cloning thing and it works. Cloning from RBY to GS works the same as before.

GS to GS works with the boxes. I found it on gamefaqs. MewtwoSama warned about a glitch on Box 8 which "loses" your pokemon.

Duplicate Items/Clone Pokemon (japanese version)
Go to a PC, and save. Attach the item you want to duplicate to the Pokemon you want to clone. Deposit it into the PC. Change boxes. When the screen is saying "Saving the game..." Turn off your GB. Turn it back on. You should have the deposited Pokemon in the PC, and a clone of it in your lineup. The item will either be on both monsters, or in your Backpack. Note: while doing this code, DO NOT withdraw any Pokemon. When the GB is turned back on, you'll find that the withdrawn Pokemon has been deleted. Note: You can duplicate up to 5 items/Pokemon at a time.
Submitted by David Dowsing

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, if you use the time machine, the old cloning trick works.
- Not Submitted by David Dowsing

Is this old news?

------------------
MewtwoSama
A viscous, Psychic Pokemon that was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. It's DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, it's size and disposition are vastly different. It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies. It usually remains motionless to conserve energy, so that it may unleash it's full power in battle.

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
# 1 Human Hater
Farting Nudist
Member # 674

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2000 05:26 AM      Profile for # 1 Human Hater   Email # 1 Human Hater   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedi_DOJ:
Duplicate Items/Clone Pokemon (japanese version)
Go to a PC, and save. Attach the item you want to duplicate to the Pokemon you want to clone. Deposit it into the PC. Change boxes. When the screen is saying "Saving the game..." Turn off your GB. Turn it back on. You should have the deposited Pokemon in the PC, and a clone of it in your lineup. The item will either be on both monsters, or in your Backpack. Note: while doing this code, DO NOT withdraw any Pokemon. When the GB is turned back on, you'll find that the withdrawn Pokemon has been deleted. Note: You can duplicate up to 5 items/Pokemon at a time.
Submitted by David Dowsing

I (and most of UPNetwok) have known that works for the english version for quite a while. I didn't find anything wrong with box 8, though.

------------------
The Allmightyy Fungi
God must have liked stupid people. Just look arround you.

From: South Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2000 06:44 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Box 8 doesn't "lose" your Pokemon, it just deletes the name so it doesn't show up in lists. Box 7 did the same thing in the Japanese versions.

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Jedah
Farting Nudist
Member # 20

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 05:11 PM      Profile for Jedah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I (and most of UPNetwok) have known that works for the english version for quite a while."

Except this is now legit, not Jaxel made-up shit.

------------------
Sweet and to the point.
AOL IM: TR Hayama Akito
Team Rocket UK
Hayama Akito is my God - why isn't he yours?
If you don't have Funzo, you're NOBODY!
Liberated from UPN.

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2000 10:34 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to mention that Meowth346 discovered this long before the game was released in English...

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

DGenerateKane
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1062

Rate Member
posted 11-02-2000 11:34 PM      Profile for DGenerateKane   Email DGenerateKane   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No boxes lose pokemon. You lose a pokemon if you did the order wrong.

i.e. When you turn on the game you withdraw the pokemon to clone. Then change boxes and turn off the gameboy. Turn it back on and you have no pokemon instead of the original and a clone.

I unfortunately did this with Tyrogue(pre-evolution of hitmontop) So I had to use gameshark to catch a wild one.

------------------
Accept the Lord of Darkness as your saviour

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.