The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » A sparkling Zubat??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A sparkling Zubat??
Rei2
Farting Nudist
Member # 702

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2000 12:39 AM      Profile for Rei2   Email Rei2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wandering through a cave in pokemon gold version, and I fought a zubat that sparkled when the battle began.
After capturing it, I looked at it's status...and there are stars(!?) to the right of its Gender. What does this mean?
Is it rare?

------------------
--
...the loner...

From: Mt. Dora, Florida | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Power Soul Rebirth
Farting Nudist
Member # 365

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2000 12:47 AM      Profile for Power Soul Rebirth   Email Power Soul Rebirth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This happens when the pokémon's stats are a particular value. Normal pokés can be stronger or weaker. However, these "shiny" pokés look nifty, and are truly rare, with something like a 1 in over 8000 chance of them appearing.

------------------
Even at his most powerless, man's exsistance is never without meaning.

Rei2
Farting Nudist
Member # 702

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2000 01:31 AM      Profile for Rei2   Email Rei2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was hoping it would be a "shiny" pokemon.
Thanks

------------------
--
...the loner...

Meganium
Farting Nudist
Member # 1020

Rate Member
posted 10-15-2000 10:39 AM      Profile for Meganium   Author's Homepage   Email Meganium   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although it wouldn't really matter because crobat just plain sucks. No matter what the majority says. Your better just boxing that zubat.

------------------

It's just another day to squeeze penguins.

From: hannibal, New York, America | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rei2
Farting Nudist
Member # 702

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2000 05:23 AM      Profile for Rei2   Email Rei2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So? Now I can make a Hazer.

------------------
--
...the loner...

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2000 12:49 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We've discussed shiny monsters in detail before: basically 8 of the 65536 stat values have shiny monsters, and they aren't the 8 highest.

You could probably do a search in this forum for "shiny monster" and see what you get.

------------------
-cfalcon

Infinite copies of this message also available through type BIRD.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rei2
Farting Nudist
Member # 702

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2000 02:12 PM      Profile for Rei2   Email Rei2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...ok. Thanks

------------------
--
...the loner...

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.