next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » mmm.....sakaki

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mmm.....sakaki
Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 09-04-2000 10:33 AM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyway, pardon me sounding newbish, but I'd like to know the Game _Genie_ code for putting stun spore over the pokemon's first move. If there isn't one, then I'll take the shark code just as well.

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
?:p
o.B

Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 09-05-2000 06:01 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Somebody please reply.

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
o.B

Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 09-08-2000 12:57 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MUST KNOW CODE!!!!!

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
o.B

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 09-08-2000 01:05 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've heard the genie modifies ROM, so you need the shark code.

Going to gamefaqs.com, I click on gameboy to take me to http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/ , from which I choose pokemon (the top choice) to take me to http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/game/10759.html , which is a big list of FAQ files. Hmmm.. MetroidMoo tends to write good FAQs, there's one now:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/pokemon_k.txt

(note that this does have some errors in it, but this tends to be a valid source of info: just back up before trying something sketchy)

01XX73D1 = 1st Position is how he writes that this is what changes the first move for the first position monster.

Looking down his list, we find Stun Spore listed at 4E.

So I would try 014E73D1. Errors aren't unheard of, so no promises.

Eventually we hope to have a list like this on Azure, but it's a lot of work, so no one's rushing.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Someone is secretly in live with you"
-Fortune Cookie Wisdom

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 09-08-2000 10:44 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Genie modifies ROM? You either must be kidding or I don't know that.

The FAQs on Pokémon at GameFaqs repeat themselves over and over. There's a separate section for RB and Y. The RB section is more detailed, but the Y FAQs cover Y as well, but the RB FAQs only cover RB but not Y

There was a two part FAQ by NickWhiz1 which took about 150 pages, which had lots of info on shark and Genie codes, including a 1st-pokémon's 1st move code, but the shark is definitely better than the genie, as the shark is clear and concise, and if you have an emulator, you can enter the shark code without it. It's also easy to remember shark codes over genie codes as shark codes always go 01xxyyzz and so I can always understand when someone is talking about a D5 code (zz is D5) or a D3 code (zz is D3). So when I say verbally it's a D5 code with ABCD, the shark code would be 01ABCDD5. You didn't need to know the last part, since on computer you type the code out and even saying it out is easier, but it's just my lingo.

Didn't you write a Pokémon FAQ, cfalcon?

------------------

Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 09-10-2000 06:43 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
I've heard the genie modifies ROM, so you need the shark code.

Going to gamefaqs.com, I click on gameboy to take me to http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/ , from which I choose pokemon (the top choice) to take me to http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/game/10759.html , which is a big list of FAQ files. Hmmm.. MetroidMoo tends to write good FAQs, there's one now:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/pokemon_k.txt

(note that this does have some errors in it, but this tends to be a valid source of info: just back up before trying something sketchy)

01XX73D1 = 1st Position is how he writes that this is what changes the first move for the first position monster.

Looking down his list, we find Stun Spore listed at 4E.

So I would try 014E73D1. Errors aren't unheard of, so no promises.

Eventually we hope to have a list like this on Azure, but it's a lot of work, so no one's rushing.

Thanks!

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
o.B

Psyduck
Farting Nudist
Member # 652

posted 09-20-2000 08:47 AM      Profile for Psyduck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I quote... MUST KNOW CODE!!!! LOL!!!

------------------

From: Look under your chair. | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 09-20-2000 05:31 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it obviously doesn't modify the ROM itself, but it modifies how the program reads it while it's on, whereas the shark replaces some values in memory with others.

Nope, I didn't write a FAQ, though the idea crossed my mind briefly... then I remembered the time expenditure for such a thing...

------------------
-cfalcon

"We research pokémon cards here at the Science Club, especially science pokémon cards! Science pokémon are exceedingly strong."
-Erik, Science Club member, Pokémon Trading Card Game

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 09-20-2000 08:56 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Game Genie can't do anything right. I input a store code, it does nothing. GS for me. I'm going to have to plead my friend to plead his friend to lend me one.

------------------
All to be read sideways:
9=_
o.B

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 09-20-2000 09:10 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've tried combining a shark and a genie code together... but oh hell yeah shark is better. It's conceptually simpler, and the genie does very little because there apparently is no pattern to the genie.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.