The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » The Fly/Dig Paralysis Glitch

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Fly/Dig Paralysis Glitch
Prof. Dasugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 488

Rate Member
posted 08-07-2000 05:24 PM      Profile for Prof. Dasugi   Email Prof. Dasugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, so I'm sure this is a well known occurence, but I just want to know why it happens. When a paralysed pokemon tries to dig or fly, sometimes they fly up high or dig down, and are then fully paralysed. They reappear - but then no attacks seem to hit them, until they fly/dig again and hit.
I haven't this at all, but it seems to happen a lot. I'm wondering whether swift hits, or what happens if a Charizard with both is paralysed doing say, dig, then flies. Is he still unhittable? Please help, clever people.

------------------
Prof. Dasugi
Huh? Eevee is evolving?
Eevee evolved into Eon!

What's an Eon?

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2000 04:26 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yup, this is a known bug on the Gameboy, but was fixed in Stadium. Swift will still hit them, but using either Dig or Fly will make you vulnerable again.

------------------
"You can't catch him. You can't train him. He's no Pocket Monster!"
-- Godzilla 2000 commercial

Sutoreiku87
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 774

Rate Member
posted 08-08-2000 11:39 PM      Profile for Sutoreiku87   Email Sutoreiku87   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Adding on to White Cat's post...

The reason the attacks don't hit is because the evade modifiers aren't cleared usually until the attack hits (or the message [Pokemon name] used FLY/DIG appears). If you're fully paralyzed in mid-flight/dig, this message doesn't appear, so your evade remains, until this message appears (after using Fly/Dig again)...

Finally, a use for Dig/Fly...

------------------
I enjoy mlmiddleton's insightful views on Pokemon and I hope that one day, I may be able to become half the Pokemon Master he is.
- GolemKong =P

From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Prof. Dasugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 488

Rate Member
posted 08-09-2000 01:45 PM      Profile for Prof. Dasugi   Email Prof. Dasugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So you could try to get into this state, then not use Fly/Dig again. Nice. Or nasty, depending on your point of view. But I don't think you could make a tactic out of it.

Out of curiousity, is G/S as bug-ridden as the Chromatics?

------------------
Prof. Dasugi
Huh? Eevee is evolving?
Eevee evolved into Eon!

What's an Eon?

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.