The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » ROM Converters?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ROM Converters?
Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 06-29-2000 05:58 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are there such things as ROM converters to convert SNES ROMs to Game Boy ROMs??

------------------
"Peppy! Long Time No See." -Pigma Dengar from Star Fox 64

Click the link to hear it. (.wav format)

ICQ - 77029628
E-Mail - scyther7164@yahoo.com

Pokeshark
Farting Nudist
Member # 590

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2000 06:14 PM      Profile for Pokeshark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no, if there was it would give the rom a bad checksum and emulators wouldnt run it.

------------------

From: Happy Fuck Land | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2000 01:40 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm... the better question would be how you would expect to run Super Nintendo code on a Gameboy... the Z80 years older than the old school Apple II GS chip inside a SNES...

------------------
-cfalcon

"That's an awesome cape too, look, it's black and white!"
-pkthunder, on Lance's cape in the Gameboy version

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2000 04:53 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could port the game from Apple II GS -> z80... but that would be near impossible going from a (relatively) newer chip to an older chip... it wouldn't be too hard to port the other way however and that's why SuperGB works...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2000 06:29 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah i know what you are talking about

------------------
I am also known as mewtwo's fortress on the pokemasters ubb

skapunkboy21@aol.com

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokeshark
Farting Nudist
Member # 590

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2000 03:22 AM      Profile for Pokeshark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHOA! i found something weird that KIND OF applies to this topic. i found a gran turismo 2 rom for gameboy! i downloaded it and SMYGB wont run it. no$GMB ran it. The graphics were screwed up and then after a minute it said "cooling system failure, insert device into a fridge immediately!" Then it began counting down from 15, and when it got to 0, the screen turned yellow, and then gray, and the rom froze. (not the emulator.) I got it from a thai web site, so i dunno where it came from. Here is the link. http://soi13.hypermart.net/rom/ you have to find gran turismo 2 on the list, then right click and save target as. Otherwise it wont work. I have mcaffee virus scan, and it was clean, but i still make no guarantees since it is from a foreign site. i am not resposible for what it does!
please reply if you know anything about this rom at all!!

------------------
Author of the ULTIMATE gameshark FAQ. Read it for your self at http://www.gameshark.n3.net OR http://www.poke.n3.net Happy Sharking!

From: Happy Fuck Land | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.