The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Pokemon Green 2 .....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon Green 2 .....
Pokeshark
Farting Nudist
Member # 590

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 08:20 PM      Profile for Pokeshark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was on EBay recently and saw a sale of a pocket monsters game that had a box that looked similar to green, but had a big roman numeral 2 (II) next to the title. The review said this game is in full color and all 151 pokemon can be caught in it without linking. It also said that it IS pokemon green, but a newer version. Anyone have any info on this game, or if it is even real? Sounds cool.

------------------

From: Happy Fuck Land | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 11:39 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sounds fake

------------------
I am also known as mewtwo's fortress on the pokemasters ubb

skapunkboy21@aol.com

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 02:37 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

It sounds like a hacked ROM pressed into a cart. It might be fun to play, honestly.... but it might also be a load of crap. There's no way to tell. If you have spare cash and it's affordable, go for it: but make sure you know it is almost assuredly one of:

(1) Plain old Pokémon green Japanese
(2) Pokémon something US made in Taiwan with a green case
(3) Hacked Pokémon Green Japanese made in Taiwan
(4) Hacked Pokémon US something made in Taiwan

If it is (4) or (2) you will be able to trade with your other carts (unless you have Japanese).

Be aware you could be ripped off, but it still might be fun.

------------------
-cfalcon

"That's an awesome cape too, look, it's black and white!"
-pkthunder, on Lance's cape in the Gameboy version

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 02:42 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Ooops, missed that it's on Ebay. It could be a scam, straight up.

Pokeshark
Farting Nudist
Member # 590

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 01:58 PM      Profile for Pokeshark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. I think im gonna pass on this one and get a real green import when I get the chance. Thanks.

------------------

Apophis
worthless spud
Member # 487

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 09:10 PM      Profile for Apophis     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok, heres the thing about green.

i asked a couple of my friends at NOA, and they told me that green is just american blue, with a different "title color"

there is no such thing as green 2. plain and simple.

hope this helps.
brandon

------------------
I am Lord of this world, and the next.
My power surpasses that of any normal HUMAN.
None may contain my evil.

From: Ghent, Belgium | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokeshark
Farting Nudist
Member # 590

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 11:25 PM      Profile for Pokeshark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks for the info. ill just get the "real" green import.

------------------

Nickyhhh2000
unregistered

posted 06-30-2000 09:33 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd rather wait if I were you

------------------

IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2000 09:51 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I don't see the point of getting Pokemon Green. It's be released in America as Pokemon Blue. Therefore, if you already have US Pokemon Blue, you have Japanese Pokemon Green (with some changes like the intro, Pokedex, and other such things). Unless you want it for colletors reasons, or just because it's colored green.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2000 02:26 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jap Red -> US Red
Jap Green -> US Blue

These were the first two games released in Japan, and Red sold much better. The opinion was that Red had better monsters. While probably the opposite of true, it was enough to convince Nintendo that color was a deciding factor... well that, combined with:

Jap Blue -> XXXX

This was a limited edition thing that had PP UPs purchasable (I think) as it's main selling point. The monsters were an interesting collection of the original two, with the total catchable being the same as the other two. You need either the first two (Red/Green) or all three to catch them all: some are specific to one or the other... It sold *very* well, and was extremely difficult to get a hold of. This is why they changed the colors (and a couple other minor details) for the US audience...

Yellow came over because it was Yellow because of Pika. It also sold well (duh).

Green II isn't an offical product. Whether you will enjoy it is quite another thing. I have seen said product being offered at the mall, and was curious, though not curious enough to purchase it. If you are super curious, spend some money on it: just don't spend more than like $35-45 on it (it might not be there anymore) as I may be able to get it for less (don't spend $70: some sellers on Ebay are just plain viscious).

-cfalcon

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2000 11:34 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

Jap Blue -> XXXX

This was a limited edition thing that had PP UPs purchasable (I think) as it's main selling point. The monsters were an interesting collection of the original two, with the total catchable being the same as the other two. You need either the first two (Red/Green) or all three to catch them all: some are specific to one or the other... It sold *very* well, and was extremely difficult to get a hold of. This is why they changed the colors (and a couple other minor details) for the US audience...

[/B]

IIRC, another reason why Japanese Blue was popular was because some of the more rare Pokemon were catchable. For example, we all know that in R/G, Jynx can only be obtained through an in-game trade. In Blue, it's catchable at Seafoam Island.

------------------

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2000 11:22 AM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was talking to Meowth about the "Red -> Red" & "Green -> Blue" thing...

They used graphics, text, and (IIRC) the Unknown Dungeon map from Blue and then had the wild pokemon and traded pokemon from Red and Green to make U.S. Red and Blue...

Because in Blue you trade a Kadabra at Seafoam Island and they have Blue's text it says that "That *Kadabra* went you traded me went and evolved..." but when the numbers are where changed to Raichu the text also changed to "That *Raichu* you traded me went and evolved..." which makes no sense...

I might have screwed that entire explanation thing over... I hope not ^_^

On Meowth's site there's a page that explains all about it...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.