The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Hacking a game and putting in more land?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hacking a game and putting in more land?
Marill
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 470

Rate Member
posted 06-25-2000 06:48 PM      Profile for Marill   Email Marill   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could say hack red and put in more land?Like a new town with peopel and stuff or just a new town even with nothing in it?

------------------

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 12:41 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marill:
Could say hack red and put in more land?Like a new town with peopel and stuff or just a new town even with nothing in it?

Meowth is doing that as we speak... he's "completely" changing the Red ROM around... he was talking about originally you could catch Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in Route 1 but then changed it you have to trade for them...
He's adding new moves and new pokemon to the game...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

Marill
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 470

Rate Member
posted 06-26-2000 01:39 PM      Profile for Marill   Email Marill   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You just said adding new pokemon didn't you?Well i said that and you said can't be done and I have figured out most of it like we added a messed up [pokemon named Flareth and he even had his own pic we made!

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 06-27-2000 06:05 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
You just said adding new pokemon didn't you?Well i said that and you said can't be done

Well, techinacally, one can't add Pokémon (without doing some MAJOR work!) For the most part, one who "adds" Pokémon is actually editing existing data, and therefore not adding data where nothing previously existed, and no new Pokémon are being added ^_^

Also, don't forget PokéDex entries for added Pokémon. I'm ditching numbers from hack's PokéDex, and putting in a sort of "By Evolution" style Dex order, moving Mew and Mewtwo further down in favor of putting more Pokémon around the mid parts of the dex.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 08:57 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a program that lets you hack Pokemon roms easily? I thought about hacking G/S to make a cool game where you play as a girl.

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 06-27-2000 09:53 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gloomboy:
I thought about hacking G/S to make a cool game where you play as a girl.

Well, simple graphics changes can be done with a program called TLayer, and a simple hex editor can edit dialouge.

Well, back to my working. I'm designing new tiles to include in the town that I plan on adding into my hack.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Marill
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 470

Rate Member
posted 06-27-2000 10:38 PM      Profile for Marill   Email Marill   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth could you like make a small document on adding new land please?That would help me in my hack alot.But once you make a new town could you release like that part of the hack so people can see how new land was added unless you just write a small documenattaion on it and uplaod it to poke edit.

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 06-28-2000 04:23 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Meowth could you like make a small document on adding new land please?

I'm doing that, but it takes time to include a new town. You need your tile sets, tile sets for houses' insides, events for people/warps/signs, etc, and text to go with what needs text. You also need to set up a warp from a location in the existing game to your new town. It's not a simple "add some hex here, some there, and you have Riginal City".

--Meowth346

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 06:06 AM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are probably already doing this, but add a Dragon move that actually does some real damage (not calculated damage) and a DECENT ghost attack. Maybe you could even add a ghost that isn't also poisen.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2000 10:41 AM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
You just said adding new pokemon didn't you?Well i said that and you said can't be done and I have figured out most of it like we added a messed up [pokemon named Flareth and he even had his own pic we made!

I remember that post... I never said it's impossible just that's it VERY difficult because you need to redo pointers and such for a LOT of info like Meowth said... and you need to know what you're doing so that means I won't be doing it any time soon ^_^
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2000 11:22 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it'd be harder than that... Unless you have some extra space at the end of each place they store PKMN data, wouldn't you have actually reprogram stuff so you WOULD have more space (i.e., move stuff around). It'd be a huge pain... Just stick with editing what's already there.

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2000 10:15 AM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why don't you add Azure Heights? It goes with all the other town names, and you could buy cool TMs and PP ups there and stuff. You could even make a Cat-Gonk sprite.

------------------
Anthrax
And it's just a Box of Rain, or a ribbon for your hair. Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.