The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Help me, got a question...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help me, got a question...
starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 03:05 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, this has probably been posted somewhere on this forum, but I'm really tired, and it's very late. Could anyone tell me real quick if there's a GameShark code to change your ID Number? And if there is, could someone please post it? Thanks.
From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 01:15 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To change your carts ID # (r/b):
01XX59D3
01XX5AD3

I trust you know how to get the modifiers..

------------------
Believe it or not, George isn't at home, Please leave a message at the beep, I must be out or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe it or not I'm not home.. *beep*
-George's Answering Machine [Click to listen to a .wav file of it ;)]

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 01:03 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Erm, not really GK. I don't even have a Shark. I just know a kid who has one and said I could borrow it. So, um if it's not too much trouble could you post a link to said modifiers?

------------------
"Yeah Ramon. That'll happen."

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 02:30 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Ok:
01WX59D3 (high byte)
01YZ5AD3 (low byte)

This will set your OT number (well, if the codes were right: I'm not checking them, as I trust GK) equal to WXYZ, where W, X, Y, and Z are all hexadecimal values ( of the set: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F).

What does this mean?

Well, if you want your trainer number to be 00000 you can set them all to 0. If you want it to be something specific, here we go:

(1) Choose the number. For this example, we will pick 03993. The number has to be between 0 and 65535 inclusive.

(2) Convert the number to hex. We will do this using windows calc. If you are using WinX, hit the Start button, then run, then type calc and hit enter. If not, find a calculator, or do it yourself.

(3) If your calculator looks puny, hit View -> Scientific.

(4) The left side of the calculator features radio buttons labelled Hex, Dec, Oct, Bin. Make sure Dec is selected (should be default).

(5) Enter your number (in our case we want 03993, so we enter 3993).

(6) Hit the radio button for hex. The sample becomes F99. Now, much like the gameboy will display 3993 as 03993, we have to read this number as having four hex values (a sufficiently large number wouldn't have generated this), so it is really:
0F99 (because we want four values).

(7) Generate codes:

WX = 0F
YZ = 99

(8) Enter codes, start gameboy with GS switch off, load game, toggle GS switch, catch a monster, check OT# on newly caught monster. If it is the same as before, a code was probably misentered, do not save. If it worked, wonderful.

Note that the item function on the N64 needs both OT# and OT to match, so if you're trying to get at Scyther's stored items you'll need to modify your name to be the same as his temporarily.

-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2000 12:13 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StarCaliber:
I don't even have a Shark.

*coughBULLSHITcough*

That explains why I saw that registration card in your living room? And why you said, "Ok, I have one."

Nah, we'll just have to watch you carefully now that our league has a Sharker...

------------------
"It's a revolving door of Pokémon!"

TeeJay
AIM: daBIGTom
e-mail: dabigtom@yahoo.com

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2000 02:17 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

There is no shame in being a manipulator of numbers... After all, it's your gameboy right? And your cart, right? So you own every singl bit of Save Ram, right down to the error checking ones, if they exist. Stands to reason you should be able to toggle them...

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2000 02:55 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks cfalcon, but I don't even need Scyther's items. You can get anything with Shark, and I can't even get him to raise Pokemon that would need to have items used on.

And actually, I'm a total newbie when it comes to sharking. I can get items, any pokemon, and that's about it. Of course, that was all I needed a Shark for in the first place. Only wanted to know about that Trainer ID thing so I can get me a Mew with the same ID number as the certificate from Nintendo. I want one with perfect speed, but the crappy specimens they gave me sucked.

The main reason I posted that little story is because I do have a friend who has a Gameshark, and he did say I could borrow it. Believe me cfalcon, I'm not at all ashamed of Sharking, it's just that I figured TeeJay would go berserk when he loses to me knowing that, "StarCaliber could have used Shark." Just needed one so I could feel like my Yellow game was worth something, as it is total crap for getting items w/o the Shark (lousy programmers and removing Missingno.).

Anyway, thanks again cfalcon. I think I know what you're talking about now.

------------------
"Sometimes I pour Pepsi down the air vents."

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.