The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Attn: anyone with extensive Gameshark knowledge

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attn: anyone with extensive Gameshark knowledge
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2000 11:20 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I strolled into the local Electronics Boutique and inquired about Gameshark. I was told that there are two types - one for GB pocket and Colour and another one for the old type. On top of that, the guy told me that it will likely not be compatible with my version as well. I bought Blue in march and I have an old gameboy (the original, grey, big, heavy) while my friend purchased red about the same time and is planning on getting a colour gameboy soon. We were planning on getting a gameshark but now I'm not so sure it's safe to do so. Someone let me know how much data I will be losing if this is true, and whether or not I should buy a gameshark under these conditions.

------------------
Homer : "You don't know what its like, I'm the one out there everyday putting his ass on the line, and I'm not out of order! You're out of order! The whole freakin' system is out of order! You want the Truth? You want the TRUTH?! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you don't know what to do! FORGET IT MARGE! ITS CHINATOWN!"

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 06-14-2000 04:17 PM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as you follow the basic GS rules (no random codes, dont load or save with the switch on) you'll be fine. The grey GS seems to be better than the black one. Get the one for the GBC.
If you do not follow the rules, you will
A)Lose your saved game, all of it
B)In addition to losing the game, you may end up corrupting the RAM, in which case you will have to use the GameShark's "Clear RAM" feature.

------------------
Anthrax
And it's just a Box of Rain, or a ribbon for your hair. Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.