The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Getting yourself a Serebeii without gamesharking him

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting yourself a Serebeii without gamesharking him
Cpt_Carnage
Farting Nudist
Member # 466

Rate Member
posted 05-27-2000 09:44 AM      Profile for Cpt_Carnage   Author's Homepage   Email Cpt_Carnage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yup you got it! - serebeii without him being gamesharked - gameshark needed though...

Right here we go...

Step 1:
In pokemon red use gameshark to get yourself a Mew (I'm not sure if it works with official Mews)

Step 2:
Set-up the link between Red/Blue and Gold/Silver and go into the "time capsule" (in Gold/Silver)(used for cross version trading)

Step 3:
Trade Mew over as you would with any Poke'

Step 4:
As the gamesharked Mew isn't officially recognised by Gold/Silver the game gets confused and thinks Mew is a Serebeii

Step 5:
Go out and use your new non-existant Pokemon

From: Depths of hell (England) | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2000 11:19 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have you tried this?

------------------
Nothing livens up a party like a bit of Pokmon poetry.

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2000 11:20 AM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why wouldn't it recognize the sharked Mew as a Mew...

I doubt that'd work.

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

"God bless incompetence!"
-Jackdaw

GamrGuy
unregistered

posted 05-27-2000 11:29 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It can't work. All Mews are recognized in hex in r/b/y as 15, and in Gold and Silver, it knows to translate 15 to 97.

But imagine if it didn't translate. Hehe, Mew turns into Spearow if it didn't. Hah.

The only possible non-sharking way to get Selebi is by catching a Missingno. in r/b/g with the hex identity of FB. You'd have to fool around and get your name right, don't remember what the hell to do to modify your "Cinnabar Pokemon". Something with the 4th and 7th letter...

------------------
GmG
@ rules, huh?

AIM/AOL: GamrGuy87

IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2000 11:51 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Umm, according to Dreadite, Serebii is catchable in G/S.

------------------

Cpt_Carnage
Farting Nudist
Member # 466

Rate Member
posted 05-27-2000 02:06 PM      Profile for Cpt_Carnage   Author's Homepage   Email Cpt_Carnage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It workedon two occasions when I tried.

I think it happens with the gameshark Mew as I'm pretty sure they are two differnet types of Mew - has anyone seen an official Mew? it looks different to the Gamesharked one - so I believe it may be a different "creature" - well yes its mew but it is registered differently

------------------
Dragons all the way!

From: Depths of hell (England) | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
GamrGuy
unregistered

posted 05-27-2000 07:52 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only dif is they have certain ID#'s and OT's.

------------------
GmG
@ rules, huh?

AIM/AOL: GamrGuy87

IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2000 08:41 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You really need to try things out before you post them... A) you're still using gameshark!! B) Mew will be read correctly if sent to GS!! You need to send over missingno's to get new pokemon but IIRC no missingno is translated into Serebii
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2000 11:48 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Were you sending English Mew to Japanese G/S? If so, the data structure is different, and could be intrepreted as anything- possibly variant on your trainer name or ID number. Possibly this trick will only work for you, and be legit. The US structure has to be longer (more character in a US name for pokemon and trainer), so it could eaily cause this...

I could be wrong, of course...

-cfalcon

From: 3945' N, 10452' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.