The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Some questions about glitches...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some questions about glitches...
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 07:56 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does the cloning trick work between Yellow and whatever version? I have all the versions and know it works between Red and Blue, but I am not willing to risk anything by trying it with Yellow and another version. Also, for those of you who have stadium, is it possible to transfer items from one pack to another, and if so will Yellow glitch if I transfer more than 99 items to it?

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 08:14 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cloning trick works between all Three versions (or at least it has for me). In Stadium you canno transfer items to another gamepak simply because the ID number is differant. I tried this with a blue (trying to get 99 masterballs on yellow before I had a shark) and looked in the box on stadium to find I couldn't se the items. This has a lesson in it though, NEVER put items in Stadium them restart your game because no matter what you won't be able to go back in and get that data cleared.

A while ago I put every single TM, HM, Rare Candy, my Master Ball and some other things on my Stadium and I restarted while forgetting I couldn't get them back until it was too late .

Hope that helps!

FlameBait

------------------
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups!" - Me

From: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 08:21 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So if you put items into Stadium, they are deleted? Why? What is the point?

------------------

FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 08:38 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No No No, their not deleted. What happens is that since each game has a differant id number, so do the items. And if the id number is differant they can't be transfered over to another gamepak. So once you put items on Stadium they are there until you take them off, you just can't see them unless you put in the gamepak that the items came from.

FlameBait

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 10:16 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh I see, you mean you restarted your GB game, too bad for you. Thanks for the info anyway! The Stadium box will still serve some perpose though, I can finally ditch my useless items! Oh, one more thing, if I put my Pikachu from Yellow in the Stadium box and then transfer it to my Red or Blue (to give it as many PP ups as I can) and then use the same method to give it back to Yellow, will its happiness rating go down?

------------------

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 01:05 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are the items updated each time you enter Stadium? If so, if you use a Mega Memory Card, you could use all the items you want, reload your game from the card, then re-enter Stadium and use them again.

And you should be able to safely keep the old Pokemon on the N64, with the same OT number.

Anyone brave enough to try this?

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 01:35 AM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That, being an unofficial device, is cheating in my mind, so I don't think I'll try it, should work fine though otherwise.

------------------

FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 03:21 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are the items updated each time you enter Stadium? If so, if you use a Mega Memory
card, you could use all the items you want, reload your game from the card, then
re-enter Stadium and use them again.
and you should be able to safely keep the old Pokemon on the N64, with the same OT number.
Anyone brave enough to try this?

The items are there each time you enter stadium. And the thing your suggesting with the mega memory card can be done, very easily infact since I've tried it. Keeping Pokémon on Stadium is differant from items because you upload the EXACT pokemon from the gameboy onto stadium so it's no longer in RBY. Also, they are visable (and can be put on other) game carts that aren't the original trainers, and they'll still act as if they were traded.

FlameBait

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 04:36 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

If you've got oodle of items connected to an obsolete username/IDnum pair on your Stadium, I'd suggest you shark your cart to have the old username/IDnum and then drag them all back to GB, then shark it back.

If you have a shark, that is.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 05:17 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a Pro, got it a couple weeks ago actually. So I can do that and it'll work? Also, after I change the ID number can I change it back like it would be normally and anything I had caught previously would not act "traded"?

FlameBait

------------------

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 03:54 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I don't have a Shark, but it's nice to know that trick should work.

I'd expect it'd have to, otherwise you could load a game into Stadium, use all your items in the GB, then go back to Stadium and use them again.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.