The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Glitches... stuff up games?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glitches... stuff up games?
FinalAtomicBuster
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 242

Rate Member
posted 04-06-2000 09:33 AM      Profile for FinalAtomicBuster   Email FinalAtomicBuster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Basically all i need to know is does the missingno glitch stuff up your game so you can't play it on Stadium? I want to clone some items to help my pokemon level gaining and training a little easier. I'd try it out myself but I just bring myself to lose all that i've done and not yet done for that matter. If it helps, I've had my blue game stolen by a slack distanted cousin who doesn't speak english and he erased my 90 hr game!!!! I don't wnat that to happen again if I can help it

------------------

Gandalf
Farting Nudist
Member # 77

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 01:57 PM      Profile for Gandalf   Author's Homepage   Email Gandalf   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't have it myself, but all the reports claim that stadium works fine even if you've duplicated items.

------------------
---Gandalf---

Eevee
Farting Nudist
Member # 97

Rate Member
posted 04-06-2000 01:59 PM      Profile for Eevee   Author's Homepage   Email Eevee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your game will be fine if you use the missingno. cheat and play stadium.

------------------
I'm Mew from the Upnetwork

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." -Me

"I do not follow, I lead." -Me

"You can't accomplish anything without making an effort." -Me

"You know it, I know it, so don't deny it, Eevee is so cool since it can evolve into 5 types! (Theres two more types in Gold/Silver)

"I don't care what anyone thinks of what I like or what I do...so shove it!" -hehehe Me, being defensive.

-Founder of DTOA (Double Teamers of America)

FinalAtomicBuster
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 242

Rate Member
posted 04-06-2000 07:39 PM      Profile for FinalAtomicBuster   Email FinalAtomicBuster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
awesome, thanx everyone, I've done the dheat and stadium still works fine!

now, just got to find something to do with all these masterballs and rare candies.....

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 08:09 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sell the candy, and buy some TMs. The master balls you can store up for later when you need a junk Pokémon in a cloning situation.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 10:09 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clone all the TM's, then store them on your stadium game pack! This has been very useful to me. I also do this with iron, carbos, candies, etc.

------------------
]['m carvin' for some, ]['m missin' you like candy.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 04:03 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've never used the trick myself, but I've heard it reported that the sixth item trick has a small chance of erasing your game.

So use it with caution.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-07-2000 04:34 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I found out something with that that "6th item duplication". I tried it out on Pokémon Stadium, and whenever I would encounter a " 'm ", the game would either save or begin to save, but not finish (I was on Dodrio Mode (3x speed), so it may have saved fast...I didn't think to try it at normal speed).

If you want to try this, whenever you enter battle, watch at the bottom where it says "Saving" when you save. That way, you won't miss it when a " 'm " appears. I'm not sure if it happens with "MissingNo." Of course, it might only happen with the two 'm that I fight, and no others, etc.

--Meowth346

------------------

FinalAtomicBuster
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 242

Rate Member
posted 04-07-2000 10:16 AM      Profile for FinalAtomicBuster   Email FinalAtomicBuster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
same on normal speed... it doesn't actually save. either for missingno or 'm.

what are the odds of erasing my game? I put all my guys in the 64 just in case

------------------

[This message has been edited by FinalAtomicBuster (edited 04-07-2000).]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 10:30 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what the odds for erasing your game are. I know many people use the trick all the time and nothing bad ever happens to them and then I've heard of others who got screwed when they weren't even trying to find Missingno.

I don't know what affects what, but I'd be very careful if I were playing around with that stuff...

------------------
KOFFING!

FinalAtomicBuster
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 242

Rate Member
posted 04-09-2000 02:41 AM      Profile for FinalAtomicBuster   Email FinalAtomicBuster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, I'm being really really careful. I save after everytime I try, and keep all my main pokemon on my 64. I just don't want to have to go through the E4 a thousand times just to get tons of $ so I can buy greats and ultras which will be only half wasted anyway, and then risk killing off those guys I try to catch which will earn me exp adn stat exp which I don't watn yet.... Its just a lot easier for me to do it this way I guess.

------------------

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-09-2000 05:19 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that it also saves when you switch Pokemon boxes as well. If you're using Gameshark to fight a certain pokemon, it will "save" sometimes before a glitched version of the pokemon you wanted to fight appears..

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
gyanite
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 182

Member Rated:
posted 04-09-2000 09:43 PM      Profile for gyanite   Email gyanite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tend to be alot more careful, i only do the clone trick and use the cloned item on a GB.

------------------

Snorlax143
Farting Nudist
Member # 263

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2000 08:39 PM      Profile for Snorlax143   Author's Homepage   Email Snorlax143   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Missingno is not a glitch. When I went to the Stadium tour, Kurt, one of the Nintendo people, told me that it is not a glitch.

------------------

From: Oregon, Ohio, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 02:44 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

It's a glitch.

Would you program that?

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 01:16 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snorlax143:
Missingno is not a glitch.

That's absurd. You mean to say the programmers decided to put in a back door that provides only limited results and has a reasonable chance of trashing your game?

It's a bug.

I believe even the official Nintendo site says so, but it's not like you can really trust it for accurate info either.

quote:
When I went to the Stadium tour, Kurt, one of the Nintendo people, told me that it is not a glitch.

Do you think he spoke to the programmers? Not a chance.

He's no more informed than we are.

Besides, when you speak of "Nintendo people", that includes the guy who tried to Rest off a paralysis when his Pokemon was at full HP. These guys aren't brain surgeons.

------------------
KOFFING!

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2001 02:25 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Peh... NOA knows nothing about the games. They even had to use Gameshark to get Grep, Cron and Sed, or whatever the hell they called them.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 05-21-2001 08:26 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Side note: Though the stadium dodrio window indicates saving, no actual saving takes place when you encounter missingno.
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 03:20 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by incompetent:
Side note: Though the stadium dodrio window indicates saving, no actual saving takes place when you encounter missingno.

Like when you deposit a Pokémon into a box on Stadium GS, it claims it's "saving", when I don't use the Move PKMN W/O Mail option.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2001 03:01 AM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
<off topic> My uncle is a brain surgeon </off topic>

------------------
My... been a while, ne?

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.