next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » I Need To Know

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Need To Know
Charger082
Farting Nudist
Member # 191

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 02:23 PM      Profile for Charger082   Email Charger082   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a new sharker and I want to know the do's and do not's for may pokemon yellow

------------------
My Sandslash will destroy all in it's path

Beware psychic trainers your days are number when G/S comes out

From: livonia, Mi, U.S.A. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
zapjol
Farting Nudist
Member # 236

Rate Member
posted 04-29-2000 03:56 PM      Profile for zapjol     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't:
start game with switch on
enter nonsence into the code area

Do:
turn off GS befor saving the game (unles the code says otherwise)

Fallow those and you'll be fine.

------------------
Jolteons the best!
T-bolt
T-wave
Focus energy
Toxic

*ZAP sent out Jolteon*
*out comes mewtwo*
*Toxic*
*focus energy*
*T-bolt*
*T-bolt*
*mewtwo fanted*

[This message has been edited by zapjol (edited 04-30-2000).]

From: The top of Mt. Olympus | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonair
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 227

Rate Member
posted 04-29-2000 05:40 PM      Profile for Dragonair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
zapjol, that last one is a do.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 07:18 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't

-Start the game with the GS switch on.

Exception: Some codes will specifically state it. They need to modify how the game loads.

-Save the game with the GS switch on.

Exception: Some codes will specifically state it. They need to keep data held in a specific state while the data is written. I don't know of any of these codes, but there could be some.

-Believe an outlandish claim from a friend who gives you a code with a smirk. Nothing will let you access Gold or Silver monsters, but there are some codes that can erase your game.

Exceptions: If your friend is that trustworthy...

-Run a code, do something else, note that the code doesn't seem to be running properly, play like normal, save.

Why: If you entered a code wrong, you should NEVER save the game, as it could have written a bad value somewhere in RAM. It probably didn't, but it could have. You could save the value, and who knows what it could do.

Exceptions: NONE.

-Assume the code is for your color of Gameboy. Go ahead and test, but if it doesn't work, "convert" it to yours and see if it starts to work.

Personally, I never play with the shark on. I use it to set values (like stat EXP), then I turn the switch off. Pokemon has way to much data and is glitchy enough to start screwing with RAM and hoping everything goes alright.

Hope this helped,

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
zapjol
Farting Nudist
Member # 236

Rate Member
posted 04-30-2000 06:05 PM      Profile for zapjol     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There i fixed it Man I keep screwing up on my post.

------------------
Jolteons the best!
T-bolt
T-wave
Focus energy
Toxic

*ZAP sent out Jolteon*
*out comes mewtwo*
*Toxic*
*focus energy*
*T-bolt*
*T-bolt*
*mewtwo fanted*

From: The top of Mt. Olympus | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.