The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » I looked through some other posts and have another question? I must be really dumb.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I looked through some other posts and have another question? I must be really dumb.
RagingTauros
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 340

Rate Member
posted 04-29-2000 11:18 AM      Profile for RagingTauros   Email RagingTauros   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First of all what does this mean
---------------------------
MHPH
MHPL
ATTH
ATTL
DEFH
DEFL
SPCH
SPCL
SPDH
SPDL

I know that HP is hit points, AT is attack, DEF is defense, SPC is special, and SPD is speed, but I don't know what H and L means or what the M means before the HP. Do the mean High, Low, and Max?

Genes:
01FF85D1
01FF86D1

Also what exactly are genes? What's the difference between them and stat exp?

From: Belle Mead, NJ, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
zapjol
Farting Nudist
Member # 236

Rate Member
posted 04-29-2000 01:29 PM      Profile for zapjol     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
H=high
L=low

------------------
Jolteons the best!
T-bolt
T-wave
Focus energy
Toxic

*ZAP sent out Jolteon*
*out comes mewtwo*
*Toxic*
*focus energy*
*T-bolt*
*T-bolt*
*mewtwo fanted*

From: The top of Mt. Olympus | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonair
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 227

Rate Member
posted 04-29-2000 05:49 PM      Profile for Dragonair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
H and L mean high and low. You're dealing with hex values, the high represents the most significant byte, the low represents the least significant byte. This isn't something you need to worry about. I have no idea what that M means. You don't need to worry about that either.

Genes, aslo called deter values, is how good your pokemon is. Some are naturally stronger than others, and achieve higher stats even though they have the same stat exp. as a weaker pokemon. The genes code specifies that the pokemon will now be the strongest possible.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 07:05 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

How many hit points does Chansey have? What is the maximum number of hitpoints for chansey? Given that you can modify:
(1) Current hitpoints
(2) Maximum hitpoints temporaritly
(3) Maximum hitpoints permanently

I've decided to go ahead and throw "maximum" into the fold.

MHPH would be the high byte of something having to do with the maxium hitpoints.

Since many of the values are 16 bit (2 byte) values, they have a high and a low byte, just as the number "19" has a high digit "1" and a low digit "9". Just like we calculate the value of 19 in base ten by multiplying 10 times 1 and adding it to 1 times 9, we get the value of the hex number "3A" by multiplying 3 times 16 and adding it to 1 times A (A is 10 in decimal), so the decimal value is 58.

I really didn't go into detail at the time, don't worry, you aren't dumb

The given definition of genes is accurate. To be more anal, however:

When you catch a monster, two gene bytes are generated. These two give a bonus in certain statistics beyond what would normally be there. The formula to get ATT, DEF, SPC, SPD is:

Current Value =

[ BaseStat + gene ]/50 + 5 + StatEXPbonus

And for MHP:

[ BaseStat + gene + 50 ]/50 + 10 + StatEXPbonus

This is recalculated whenever a monser comes out of a box, levels up, or evolves.

The genes range from 0-15, so the difference between having a good gene and having a bad one at level 100 is 30 points. Getting all of your stat EXP gives a bonus of 63 points in all attributes at level 100, so you can see that a random person who doesn't train their monsters well will generally be worse off, even if they have great genes.

Hope this helps.

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
RagingTauros
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 340

Rate Member
posted 04-29-2000 08:51 PM      Profile for RagingTauros   Email RagingTauros   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for explaining that to me.
From: Belle Mead, NJ, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.