The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Ack! I'm facing a dillema

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ack! I'm facing a dillema
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:59 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Should I use a Gameshark with Pokemon/Pokemon Stadium to fix a few problems (ie. Slowbro and Zapdos too slow to use Flash... either increase speed or replace the moves, surfing/quaking Zapdos) but I'm afraid a of loses the memory of the game? Are my concerns warranted? Should I do it? I think if I was gonna do it I'd use the Tower codes for N64 gmaeshark, because it's easier. Is the risk high?

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), the man who trained with the help of Caos2.

quote:
*Marge and Lisa are talking about Homer*
Homer: My ears are burning!
Marge: Homer!
Homer: No, they're really burning. I wanted to see inside so I lit a Q-tip
Marge: Mmmmmmm...

Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mga Tp 0
Number: 45597626
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 07:06 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... plus I'd have to borrow my friend's GS
Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 04-24-2000 07:10 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you can purchase a memory card for $17 or back up your saved game on a friend's memory card before using the gameshark. then you would not need to worry at all.

------------------

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 07:14 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AHEM! I said N64 version for GB Tower, which might damage the N64 cart
Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 04-24-2000 07:52 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
a memory card for the nintendo 64 is even less expensive: $10

------------------

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 08:07 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
N64 memory card dosen't do anything with Stadium....
Dragonair
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 227

Rate Member
posted 04-24-2000 09:32 PM      Profile for Dragonair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The N64 GS has a memory card manager that allows you to copy gamesaves from a cartridge to a memory pack (for backup purposes) and then restore the save to the cart if necessary. But, I must admit I've never tested this option with Stadium before. There could be unforseen problems... Then again, it worked perfectly with Goldeneye. It probably wouldn't hurt to try.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 10:41 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Unless you fuck up big time, there really shouldn't be a problem with the Tower codes. Just like with the GB GS codes, don't save if something is funny.

You should get a GB backup device, anyway... I'll recommend that to anyone who plays pokemon more than halfassedly, easily everyone on this board.

The only problem is that the N64 shark's very presence might corrupt EEPROM (or whatever) just by being there, like it does for Super Smash Bros. (Until I cleared all data, I could only play as Mario in the 1P mode- wierd). I haven't seen this, but I haven't done anything exhaustive. If you want to be ABSOLUTELY sure no data is lost, backup with a MegaMem, then use a GB shark. Otherwise, tell us if it works....

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 3945' N, 10452' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-24-2000 11:05 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Apparently nobody is reading my posts

Well anyway, to summarize:
I've hacked dozens of codes on Stadium.
I have not had any problems as of yet.
You also cannot copy Stadium's SRAM using the N64 Game Shark -- this feature stopped working somewhere around the release of SSB. It works on older games, like the first Mario Party, however.
You can use GB Tower codes on your N64 GS and it won't damage anything, unless you enter the code wrong or purposely hack a code to do damage.

I can't for the life of me explain the SSB problem. Perhaps when someone looks at the ROM code and how the GS works, an explanation may arise. It only seems to happen when the game freezes or when you use the character modifier, though.

Anyway, back to Stadium.

Here are some of the codes I've hacked, which may or may not appear under GSCCC's website as being hacked by someone else. (It happens.)

Gallery Snap Mod 8011C6DA-00??
(Replace ?? with any number from 0 to 99 corresponding to the number of the Pokemon you want. Hexadecimal, of course.)

Player 1 Model Modifier 800AF6D7-00??
Switch out your Pokemon, and the Pokemon you send out will have the model of the Pokemon specified in the code.

Prize Pokemon Modifier 801DC1FF-00??
Name MEW
OT/STADIUM
ID 02000
'Nuff said.

164D90 - Start of Game Boy's Memory in GB Tower. (It's either that or 164D91... I forget which)
How to use:
Take a sample Game Boy code:
01FF86D1
01FF87D1
(Max DV for first slot)

Split it into groups of 2 digits each:
01 FF 86 D1
01 FF 87 D1

Remove the first group:
FF 86 D1
FF 87 D1

Switch the last two groups around:
FF D1 86
FF D1 87

Merge the last two groups:
FF D186
FF D187

and add 164D90h:
FF 171F16
FF 171F17

Add 00 to the first group:
00FF 171F16
00FF 171F17

Switch the two groups:
171F16 00FF
171F17 00FF

Add 80 to the first group:
80171F16 00FF
80171F17 00FF

And bang, you have your N64 GB Tower GS Code. For the code above, you can even merge it into a single 16-bit code:
81171F16 FFFF

Result:
81171F16 FFFF - Max DV for 1st PKMN in party

I don't remember if this procedure was posted already, but here it is again. Any questions? Then go have fun in the GB Tower!

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
-----------------------
Kamek is about to use MEWTWO!
Will ASH change Pokemon? (Yes/No/ItDoesntMatterCuzMewtwosCheapAnyhow)

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 01:42 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Yea, I thought it might be the character modifier... Since I saw that, I wasn't certain about the safety of the GS on the N64 save RAM. It's probably OK for stadium, though.

Writing cart RAM to pak RAM doesn't work when the data to be stored is large (F-Zero, Smash, etc.), where it still works for tiny ones (Zelda, Mario).

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 3945' N, 10452' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.