The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Sharking the Yellow game...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sharking the Yellow game...
starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2000 05:56 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey do you guys know how to make a gameshark pro (the black one) work on a Pokemon Yellow game? Because I just got a Shark Pro and I can't seem to start up my yellow game with it in. Odd..

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pink Elephant
Farting Nudist
Member # 261

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2000 08:49 PM      Profile for Pink Elephant   Author's Homepage   Email Pink Elephant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You cant start it up? That is ood, because I have the same shark and I use it on yellow almost everyday. It should work just like when you start up red or blue.

------------------
No, no no...I did NOT just see a pink elephant..

Hey yall its me, square!(a regular!! yah!)

~this candy tastes like cheese.....~

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2000 10:09 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CRAP I'm scared now. I have tried all of my other Game Boy Color games on the shark, and the thing reads them all just fine. Even Pokemon Red and Blue, which the manual and that yellow sticker say that you can't use. But whenever I put in yellow (which I was going to call my "Sharking" game), it boots up fine, but then when I try to start the game, it just gives me a blank screen and crashes. CRAP!!! And i know that there's nothing wrong with my yellow game becuase it works just fine by itself. I would REALLY appreciate the advice of a skilled Sharker on this subject (ahem...cfalcon and 10K). Thanks.

------------------

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2000 01:22 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AW CRAP! I figured out what was wrong with the damn thing (I think). Whenever I started the game on Yellow, it would just crash or reset or something. So I held my Pokemon game in the Shark as tightly as I could, and the thing started up fine. But the second I let go the yellow cart, the system locked. And giving my GB the grip of death hurts my hand too . This really sucks now because I guess I just have a gay Yellow version that I can't play on Shark and I'll hafta drop more cash for another copy of Pokemon (I don't want my sacred Red game near the carnivorous shark). I confirmed that the problem was with my game because my brother's copy of yellow worked just fine in the shark. Damn, and there is no way I could take it back to Best Buy and say, "uhhh, yeah um I can't play pokemon with a cheating device so give me my money back."

This sucks.

------------------

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2000 01:47 AM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, they won't give you your money back, but if you just want to trade it for another one, and you still have the reciet, they will do it for you. They did it for me on the blue version I got (after red and yellow)

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2000 04:21 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

-Blow in the cartridge (DON'T spit).
-Try cleaning it with a gameboy cleaning pak. You can clean the shark, too.
-Wait 3 months. Sometimes this works with electronics. I really couldn't say why.

Though I recieve no compensation from it, I take the oppurtunity to pimp out the MegaMemory card to any who will listen. Multiple save files! Want all of your brothers/friends monsters? Backup his copy and you can get them back later. Scared to lose a good file? Experimenting with Gameshark codes? Feel the urge to play the game again? All of these things are possible with the MegaMem.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2000 04:53 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
Though I recieve no compensation from it, I take the oppurtunity to pimp out the MegaMemory card to any who will listen. Multiple save files! Want all of your brothers/friends monsters? Backup his copy and you can get them back later. Scared to lose a good file? Experimenting with Gameshark codes? Feel the urge to play the game again? All of these things are possible with the MegaMem.

I'd like to second this.

Nothing has given me peace of mind like backing up my precious Wiggly's DNA, so I can clone him, if necessary. I'm not nearly so protective of my carry-on luggage these days.

I've even worked out a nice way to cheat me some more PP UPs, but I haven't done it yet...who has time to play when there's all this work to be done on the site?

The Pokedex should be getting a shot in the arm soon...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2000 12:54 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mlmiddleton:
... Also, there could be dirt inside it. I wouldn't reccomend blowing. Insted, use a duster in a can. Or Endust for electronics might also be good, but I haven't tried this one.

That would work too, but doesn't everyone blow into Nintendo games? It's just a thing you had to do back in 8-bit days, that along with rapping the system on the sides...

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2000 01:10 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last time I decided I wanted to Play my NES I almost fainted by the time I got Super Mario Bros. to work.... Next time I got my Dad to blow compressed air into the thing

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2000 06:37 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your help guys! I know about the 8-bit Nintendo blowing cartridge thing, cuz I remember when 8bit was popular, all my friends had them, and my parents wouldn't let me get one. So I played them at other people's houses, and they had no clue what happened to their games when they wouldn't run. I explained to them about blowing into them, but then I just had to do it because they all would spit. I think the best way to clean out a game of dust is just like cfalcon said: Blow, not spit. And believe me, I have already tried that with my yellow copy, and it still wouldn't run. And I've had it since the day Yellow came out, so I can't really take it back, but I did figure out a clever way around all this. I found this one kid who knew I was all good at Pokemon and takes good care of his games, and he said that would trade games w/ me. So we did, and his game (mine now) works fine. So I guess that's sort of a roundabout way of doing things, but oh well. Now I can Shark to death . Thanks again you guys!!!

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.