The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » ~ Pokémon Future ~

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ~ Pokémon Future ~
][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2000 09:26 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering: Is there any way to modify my pokémon now (Using Game Shark of course) so that the pokémon will be shiny/sparkley when I send it through the time machine in Silver or Gold? Yes or No will suffice, but any codes would be appreciated.

------------------
]['m carvin' for some, ]['m missin' you like candy.

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 03:13 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I'm pretty positive you can. Meowth implied that you can't, but I think that was just phrasing that he used. I think that if you were to assign the "shiny" stats to your R/B/Y monsters and trade them to your (still unreleased) G/S game, they would be shiny. In order for that not to be the case, the game would either have to change the stats on the fly or set a bit that means "don't make shiny". Setting the bit would be prohibitive, because this scenario could ensue:

Gold: catch shiny Gyrados
Send to Blue
Not shiny on Blue (obviosly)
Send to Gold
Now marked as not shiny.

That's pretty lame, so I'm betting you could. If you can, you need to modify the genes of your monster. There are eight possible gene sets for shiny monsters that we know of (probably in total): All have a gene value of A (10 in decimal) for Defense, Speed, and Special. Here are the possible gene sets that yield shinies:

XX1X 1010 1010 1010
= 2 A A A
A
B
E
F

So codes for strong shinies in Red/Blue/Yellow (they will NOT be shiny in Red/Blue/Yellow, they will ONLY be shiny in metallics IF the shiny numbers are kept the same [very likely] and IF you can import a monster to the metallics and have it stay shiny [likely]):

Red/Blue Yellow
01FA86D1 01FA85D1
01AA87D1 01AA86D1

When you pop these over, they should be shiny. Meowth, if you know different, correct me.

We'll know for sure whenever it ships in the US...

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-16-2000 05:45 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Accepting the Attack Stat's value, if you have the other three "gene"s set to value "A", then you can trade that Pokémon from Blue to Gold to yellow to Silver, and It'll be shiny on the Gold/Silver games. Its something in the stats that makes it that way, so the only way for a Pokémon to "lose" its shine when traded to Red/Green/Blue/Yellow is if you edit it with something like a Gameshark or PAR on the RGBY game(s).

So, if you find a Shiny Pokémon on Gold/Silver, it will remain forever shiny, lest you edit it improperly.

--Meowth346

][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 02:21 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is so cool! Thanks alot !

------------------
]['m carvin' for some, ]['m missin' you like candy.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.