The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » A Question...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Question...
Jigglybooch
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 273

Rate Member
posted 04-13-2000 10:17 PM      Profile for Jigglybooch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where do you guys get all of these game shark codes from? And are there codes for getting Mew and maxing out Pokemon stats?

------------------

zapjol
Farting Nudist
Member # 236

Rate Member
posted 04-13-2000 11:13 PM      Profile for zapjol     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, these are the stat exp codes:
MHPH 01??7CD1 FE
MHPL 01??7DD1 01
ATTH 01??7ED1 FE
ATTL 01??7FD1 01

DEFH 01??80D1 FE
DEFL 01??81D1 01

SPCH 01??82D1 FE
SPCL 01??83D1 01

SPDH 01??84D1 FE
SPDL 01??85D1 01

And the code for mew is:

0115D7CF

------------------

From: The top of Mt. Olympus | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 12:07 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, the trainer comes in handy for generating most codes (stat EXP codes, item codes, etc.)

Some of the wierder codes are obtained by people running the game under an emulator and watching the RAM change that way.

If you want a purely maxed monster (maxing level and Stat EXP normally are a matter of constantly fighting), you also "need" perfect genes. The genes are determined when you catch a monster, and the odds of one being perfect is 1/65536. This means that a whole team of them is like screaming "yup, I'm used shark to save years of game time", though it is certainly possible (it isn't as if you gave spore to Electrode).

The maxed gene codes are:

01FF86D1
01FF87D1

Most of the codes given out in this string are for Red or Blue (strangely, it looks as if the Mew code you were given is for Yellow). Yellow codes differ by a single byte in the address. Notably, all the variables are located in one position less than they used to be. So to find the max gene codes for yellow (for instance)

(1) Get the address= D186
(2) Subtract 1=D185
(3) Rewrite code = 01FF85D1

The other code is 01FF86D1

Note that 01XXF0D1 would become 01XXEFD1
D1F0 - 1 = D1EF

(if confused, use your windows calculator in Hex mode, or look through posts in this section to find a better thing on hex).

The Old Red/Blue fight any monster code is:
01XXD8CF

However, J.Donald found a much better one:
R/B= 01XX59D0
Yel= 01XX58D0

With these codes, you can fight *any* where. Basically, you get set up for a fight, put the switch on, then turn it off. You should already be being drawn into a fight.

The codes to fight a L100 Mew:
011559D1
016427D1
(The "64" is hex for 100, change to whatever level you want to fight).

Then use the Stat EXP codes, gene codes, etc., if you want.

Remember not to leave the GS switch on until *after* the game is loaded.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jigglybooch
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 273

Rate Member
posted 04-14-2000 05:08 PM      Profile for Jigglybooch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the max stat codes, what goes in place of the question marks?

------------------

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 06:36 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FF for genes, and FE and 01 for the stat exp... it's listed there, isn't it?

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

"God bless incompetence! "
-Jackdaw

[This message has been edited by GolemKong (edited 04-14-2000).]

Jigglybooch
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 273

Rate Member
posted 04-14-2000 10:48 PM      Profile for Jigglybooch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, I'm probably annoying the crap out of some, but I've heard from some friends that if you use the GS incorrectly your game goes ka-put. What is the correct way to use the GS when trying to take advantage of the codes? And I know I already asked this, but for the absolute last time, what is the exact code to get Mew in the Red/Blue versions of the game? And let's suppose I want my Pokemon to have the highest possible DV and max stats. What codes would I put in for that? And even better, how do I put in the codes. Again, I apologize for all the questions, but I'm inexperienced when it comes to this stuff. And are the codes different for Red and Blue? If they are, please post both sets of codes. Believe me, I really appreciate this.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jigglybooch (edited 04-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jigglybooch (edited 04-14-2000).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.