The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Umm....Help? !!!!!!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Umm....Help? !!!!!!!!!!
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2000 11:59 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*uses code to catch wild nidokings on yellow*

*makes SURE he put in the EXACT correct code*

*makes sure the switch is set on NORMAL*

*selects start game*

*watches heart crumble,as his nintendo mew and entire file is destroyed*

Help

I want my mew back....i want THE EXACT MEW I HAD...i dont want some sharked stuff(sharked trainer id/name)

i want to know...if there is a code,to get your ENTIRE FILE,or atleast all your boxes back....is there ANY WAY i could get my mew back?

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 03:10 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, one of two things happened:

(1) Your battery glitched for some reason.
(2) You have some data that pokemon won't read, possibly as a result of gameshark or missingno. or something.
(3) Your cart is type evil.

I'm also going to assume that the sound advice "Load it up off of your MegaMem" isn't going to work, because you would have thought of that (after this, buy one, it makes me mad to think that people who truly care are dependent on this tiny little battery).

There was a code that I saw a long time ago that claimed to be able to restore a lost game. I never tested it. I don't even remember what it was, but I think it was in MetroidMoo's FAQ on www.gamefaqs.com in the gameshark section.

Basically, it might be possible to restore your file if the cartridge is simply misreading it, and it still exists.
(If you start a new game and save, it is as gone as things get without tunnelling electron microscopes).

JDonald? Meowth? Any words of wisdom?

If you can't get it back, and you know your Nintendo Mew's OTname, OT#, and its genes (deter, DV, eigenvalues, whatever) you can recreate a copy of it. Before you dismiss it, keep in mind that a copy of a thing actually IS the thing in a digital environment. It is tough to get used to, but if you remember those details, plus what moves it had, you will actually have the same thing you did before. I know it doesn't seem that way, but think of it this way: if you write down 1+5=6 on a sheet of paper and then erase it and write it again in the same spot, all you have done is written a copy of thing. The numbers are the same. It's like that on a computer every single time you write to EEPROM or battery backed RAM, so don't sweat it.

Your MEW will be the same if you remember it's vital statistics. Period. Imagine you are bringing it back from the unformed void of numbers. It's true, after all.

Note to everyone who has read this far: you are dealing with a volatile medium in the Nintendo savefile. If you aren't OK with this, and are serious about keeping your monsters safe, you will buy a MegaMem (or other data backup, but I don't know about any). They can fail too, but the odds of both failing at the same time are minuscule. Picture this: You backup your cartridge. Later, it gets stolen. If you ever get around to buying a new cart of the same type, you simply load up the old data on the new cart. Plus, you can backup loads of times on the same card.

Good luck getting everything back. I'm sorry you got nuked.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 08:52 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel when your game gets deleted.... I don't feel like playing the game for about a week.....

The thing might be caused by dust.... Yellow doesn't come with one of those cartride holder things (at least mine didn't). When I leave my cartride out for a while without any protection I turn it on and.... The Nintendo logo looks screwed.... You know that nintendo logo when you turn the game on.... When that happens I'm like aww... S**T!! Then it just diplayes

NEW GAME
OPTIONS

Of course I dont get that stuff until I blow into the cartridge slot.... Somthing I learned on that old NES......

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

[This message has been edited by Volrath50 (edited 04-12-2000).]

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-12-2000 09:20 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to mention that you can clone like a madman with Stadium and a MegaMem. After trying this a few times, I found that it really doesn't do too much good, unless you want to go to a Pokecon and frustrate other trainers by using the exact same Mewtwo six times in a row. (PS: I don't advise that strategy)

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 11:31 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cFalcon...do you by any chance have AIM....i would GREATLY appreciate it if you posted your name,or atleast IMed me..i STILL havent started a new game on yellow...in fear there is a code to get my file back...and i wont even out my gameshark NEER my blue version....thats my sacred version....i have worked so hard on it,maxed out time,caught all 151,and all my best pokemon...all my 4-3 way max pokemon...everything...if i lost that,i would go insane...

------------------
-Nintendo Power

-Ash

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2000 03:05 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Weeell... I went and tested the code in question (01B182CF), just to see if it would crash things. It didn't.

I would try this:

(1) Put in code
(2) Start game
(3) Turn on GS switch
(4) Press start, see if you can continue.

If you can, do. Turn off the switch and save.

If not, keep looking for a solution or give up.

I am wary of this code, as I have no evidence that it works, and the data byte in question (B2) is odd indeed.

I don't have AOLIM or ICQ, or any of that... sorry.

I'll bet it doesn't work, but it *is* worth a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

-cfalcon

------------------

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-13-2000 04:02 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's probably a memory byte that decides whether or not to display the "Continue" option. Forcing that memory byte to the value to display "Continue" could possibly revive some saved games that have been lost. However, if Pokemon said that the data itself was corrupted when you started it up, then most likely you'll never get it back. (I believe the cart wipes the SRAM if that happens)

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2000 07:20 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Basically, I was running on the hope that that wasn't the case.

Logically, though, they wouldn't clear the save RAM, they would just set a bit marking it as deleted (like DOS does).

I have a vague memory of reading that my datafile was corrupt, turning it off, turning the GS switch off, then trying again and being OK, which lend credence to the "not actually zeroed" theory.

But hey, I could be wrong on this easily. It isn't like I know how to test it well...

-cfalcon

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-13-2000 08:27 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went looking through the RAM around CF82 and found it to be blank. However, at CF90 was the value B1. Now, to thourghly test this, I would have to find the game save on my comptuer, restart the Pokémon game, and see if I get B1 or another value.

Or, actually, I just thought...I can change it to 00 now and see what happens ^_^

Hmm...I've tried a variety of hex values, but none seem to effect whether the Continue shows up or not...

Well, back to the drawing board for me. By the way, the locations above were tested on Pokémon Blue English.

--Meowth346

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 10:15 AM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! My game was just deleted!!!!

Some klutzy girl tripped over the link cable while I was battling..... Kicked my gameboy.... Gameboy flew out of my hands (all this in SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW motion now...) Hit the wall..... Gameshark/Game flew out of gameboy.... I made a desperate lunge for my Gameshark/Game..... I missed.... Gameshark/Game hit the ground.... Pokémon Yellow flew out of Gameshark..... Me (on the ground) tried to grab at it.... I missed by about 1 foot.... Game bounces about 3-4 times.... Game finaly stops.... (Everything is regular now....) I quikly grab the game and shove it in gameboy.... (I'm still on the floor....) Turn gameboy on....

NEW GAME
OPTIONS

I go "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You killed Waves.... MY BELOVED RAICHU!!!!!"

Anyway..... I still can't understand how she maneged to trip over the link cable when it was on the ground and against the wall.... Heh... Well girls seem to trip over everything.... Oh... and for anyone who cares this happened at my theater.... When I wasn't on....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 01:10 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My game got erased 3 more times on yellow...read my new topic... *sigh*

------------------
-Nintendo Power

-Ash

Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 04-16-2000 02:08 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i suggest all you guys get memory cards. they're pretty useful devices even if your game doesn't get erased from time to time.

if you don't have $17 to spare (although that is surprising if you managed to buy a gameboy, pokemon game pak, and gameshark, which all cost much more than $17), then you could just find one of your friends who already has a memory card, and ask them to back up your game(s) on their card, since each card has 100 slots anyway.

------------------

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 07:51 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah... After that I decided to clean my RAM.....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.