The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » To shark or Not to shark...that is the question..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To shark or Not to shark...that is the question..
MrTRiP15
Farting Nudist
Member # 112

Rate Member
posted 04-11-2000 06:33 PM      Profile for MrTRiP15   Author's Homepage   Email MrTRiP15   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Should I just shark my Pokemon's stats to the max? It's pretty much impossible to catch a perfect poke..and I'm a perfectionist and can't stand with inferior Pokes when I know they can be stronger..not to mention that I don't have time to catch so many and compare..especially with Tauros, who is a bitch to catch anyway..I don't own a shark, but I'm planning on borrowing one for a couple of days to max out their stats..
Are there side-effects? I've heard their stat growth gets fucked up when you mess with it..
Will tournies accept them? Not like I'm going to any for a long while though..and they hardly ever come to NC anyway..but still..
I'm pretty sure Stadium will accept them..and they won't fuck up my pak correct?
Do you consider this cheating? In a way I do..but not really..I consider it legal, as long as they don't exceed their max limit..
Give me your thoughts and warnings on this folks..and I'd be gratful to have the neccesary codes too..I'm a newb to sharks and the like..tres thanks in advance..
-TRiP out

------------------
I stab people, 4 or 5 people every day..I tried to see a shrink to stop that shit but there aint no F*CKIN way...I stabed 'em, this nurse and his fuckin cat...Stabbed 'em, stabbed 'em all like that!...I stab people I know, I stabbed PsYcHoMaNkeY...He was like "WHAT THA FUCK!" I stabbed 'em in the gut!..I order food just to stab the guy when he gets there...I don't care, I stab anybody anywere...I stabbed the mailman he was pissed...He tried to mace me..I'm too quick with the stab, come on come on mace me...I stabbed Twiztid Jamie Madrox I stabbed 'em...PsYcHo stabbed me, ahh god damn 'em...I stab old people old ladies little kids I don't give a fuck...I stabbed the fat guy in the butt, hehe what...I stabbed Pete Rose, I stabbed 'em twice in the nipple...I'm MrTRiP and I stab people...

[This message has been edited by MrTRiP15 (edited 04-11-2000).]

From: Louisburg, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2000 07:33 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, first see if you would have taken the time to really find a perfect pokemon. If not, leave about 20-30 points off their stats. Even if you would have taken the time, I recomend about -10 points or lower, which is still not bad. I would do it, but I would feel guilty(damn guilt)

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MrTRiP15
Farting Nudist
Member # 112

Rate Member
posted 04-11-2000 07:39 PM      Profile for MrTRiP15   Author's Homepage   Email MrTRiP15   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what I'm thinking...it'd be obvious that I sharked if they were perfect..

------------------
-TRiP

[This message has been edited by MrTRiP15 (edited 04-11-2000).]

From: Louisburg, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blastoise976
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 220

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2000 09:43 PM      Profile for Blastoise976   Email Blastoise976   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Still, someone give us a code! Is there a code to catch maxed out pokes?Ive been waitin for this code for soooo long!

------------------

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2000 10:55 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blastoise976:
Still, someone give us a code! Is there a code to catch maxed out pokes?Ive been waitin for this code for soooo long!

I don't know the code to catch maxed pokes, but to change their stats to max after, enter these and have the poke you want to have max in the first position:
r/b:
01FF86D1
01FF87D1
You pulse this in, box your poke, and the stats will have the potential to be at max after box tricking.

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

"God bless incompetence! "
-Jackdaw

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 03:23 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum4/HTML/000001.html

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 06:17 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont feel bad about it.

Anything "within the realm of possiblilty"
I dont feel bad about.

Despite the slim chances, its possible to have a "perfect" Pokemon.

Except for Mew.
Official Mew with Official stats (bleh) are technically the only ones available. I'd be pissed if I faced a Mew with 403 HP rather than whatever the official stats are (I forgot)

Since I have RB&Y at my disposal, I dont feel bad about duping items.
Its within my realm of possibility.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm just saving myself time and battery life.

I would never put Twinneedle on a Swordsdancing Mew or crap like that.
I was so pissed with kids who pulled that crap. I told one kid that kind of stuff makes the baby Jesus cry.

Although I did once put HornDrill and Spore on my Pikachu when I restarted Yellow. That was weird until it learned its own moves.

------------------
MewtwoSama
A viscous,Psychic Pokemon that was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. It's DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, it's size and disposition are vastly different. It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

AIM: MewtwoSama
E-mail: mewtwo@ureach.com
Beat me if you can, survive if i let you

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 07:21 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did, on my first team. I didn't really care, since it was only to beat that cheating Stadium.
On my Serious team and Jabrony team, tho, I plan to use Gameshark for the sole purpose of catching and comparing stats. And for getting TM's. And for gettin' em' at LV. 50.
I don't feel guilty. I just feel like my Serious team and Jabrony team are more mine, since I took the time and effort. One weekend is all it takes....

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

This post was made solely by the will of the giant demon stalking scarecrows sent to torture and manipulate me. And those damn kittens....

][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 08:49 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't think twice if it was a weaker pokemon like Jynx, Butterfree, etc. It just gives them a chance to compete against the Mewtwo's and Articuno's.

------------------
]['m carvin' for some, ]['m missin' you like candy.

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 09:49 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the Nintendo Mew's have the same stats?

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
No-BS PiccoloNamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 151

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 02:30 PM      Profile for No-BS PiccoloNamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just got myself a perfect Jynx.

And i feel no shame.

------------------
Vote Libertarian.
Vote for our freedom.

Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 04-16-2000 01:47 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i don't have two official mews to compare, but from what i've heard from people comparing their mews, most official nintendo mews have different stats as well as different id numbers and different OTs. are you sure about this 'official stats' thing mewtwosama?

------------------

][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 02:43 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"][ know no shame, ][ feel no pain..."

------------------
]['m carvin' for some, ]['m missin' you like candy.

Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 04-18-2000 03:20 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sorry, i meant that most official nintendo mews have different GENES.

------------------

Double Colorless Energy
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 317

Rate Member
posted 04-21-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for Double Colorless Energy   Email Double Colorless Energy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i have nothing against anyone using gameshark even for changing the stats i think it should work with stadium GS mew works and so do pokemon i've GSed HMs off of. BTW does anybody have a problem with cussing here? I'm new and i've noticed people cussing which i'm not used to on a pokemon site if nobody cares AWESOME! Cussing is fun as hell.

------------------
I am DCE on PBS
------------------------
I am the same person as the Double Colorless Energy from Pokégym
------------------------
The Beastie Boys Rule
------------------------
I am proud not to use mewtwo for anything in fact i kill it for experiance points screw completing the pokedex i can get one from a trade.

Xenobia
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 291

Rate Member
posted 04-23-2000 07:56 AM      Profile for Xenobia   Email Xenobia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't feel bad about game sharking because I am going to do it to chansey just because anything under max for chansey (except Hp and Special) sucks

------------------
I probably need help but can't afford it...
Just Kidding!!!

Charlie
Farting Nudist
Member # 177

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 04:59 PM      Profile for Charlie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ive used those codes with no side effects

------------------
-Charlie

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.