The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Challenge to Shark masters

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Challenge to Shark masters
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2000 05:25 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey I was wondering if anyone has enough information about sharkery to be able to create a pokémon. Like this:

1.Get the icon of a game character, Ash, Lorelei, Brock.

2. Convert it to an actual pokémon (HPs, Attack, Defensee, etc) with a unique name associated for it (i.e. not just a Rhydon with a picture on top of it, and modified stats).

3. With unique attacks created by altering certain attack information. (I.e. making a move that is super effective against Psychics and Electric pokémon with a strength of 50).

4.Making a unique pokémon sound effect (by fooling with the sound effect locations).

5.Make it weak to certain attacks (creating a type ofr it)

etc.

I guess all of this would entail actual programming.. not "de-programming" but wouldn't it be cool if you could insert Wild Loreleis into your game and then catch them in the wild?

I know a code somewhat like this exists for Professor Oak, but the icon of Professor Oak would be messed up when he was fighting in battle. And he doesn't seem right without Nerdy tyoe moves.

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-05-2000 05:33 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While I'm guessing that this *would* work with a Gameshark, editing the game's data like this sounds more like a job for a Game Genie. With a Genie you could easily edit a MissingNo.'s information for have, oh say, Erika's picture onto a MissNo. with attacks of your choice. The only drawback, however, is that the last time I saw a Game Genie it had a three code limit. Does Game Shark have a limit of codes per use?

I'm sure that you can edit anything done in Game Genie in Game Shark as well. However, my Shark knowledge isn't as expanded as my Genie knowledge is.

--Meowth346

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-05-2000 06:01 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm bored, so...

NAME = LORELEI
018BDACF
018EDBCF
0191DCCF
0184DDCF
018BDECF
0184DFCF
0188E0CF
0150E1CF
0190E2CF
0190E3CF
0150E4CF

Type(s). (Note: Both same if one type.)
01**EACF
01**EBCF

Change Attacks
01**EDCF
01**EECF
01**EFCF
01**F0CF

I won't type more since those are the basics. But I can't find the code to change the image for the PKMN that you
battle. I can change who you battle, but not their image alone. I know how to in the Japanese version, but the
code doesn't seem to work in the English version. However, if you think it'll work you, it's: 01**E5CF Replace the
** with F4 to battle Lorelei.

--Meowth346

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 01:03 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THanks, I don't have time to try this yet...
Do you know how to change the icon too? I's like to replace the common "Rhydon" with the image of townspeople. Actually, Lorelei's...
THanks Meowth!

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-07-2000 02:16 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that I did have a way to make the icons into people a long long time ago, but maybe not. The reason that I say maybe not is because the Properties of a Pokémon (including its "Cry", etc) probably decide its image. This would mean that you could only swap images with other Pokémon icons.

However, to contradict, I've heard that MissingNo.'s icons changes form town to town, and one place it can be a person icon. So, if it *is* possible to swap, say Rhydon's Icon for Lorelei's, it may be an unstable swap.

An example of an unstable swap is my Gold/Silver icon changer code. I don't have it on hand, but it edits what icon you have for your character. Each location in Gold/Silver has a maximum of 8 character/Pokémon icons used (though the Day Care may be an acception, as it shows the icons of PKMN in the center).
What this means is that is you're in Wakaba Town and use the code to change your image to Kamon (the rival), then fly to Rage Beach, you'll change icons. Since Kamon doesn't appear at Rage Beach, you can't have her icon, and its changed to someone else who IS in that area. So, you may change into Lance. Or, enter a house and you may become an old man, or Professor Oak.

Did I lose anyone yet? What I'm trying to convey is that if I *can* dig up a Pokémon menu-screen icon-changer code, it may only give Lorelei's icon when you're in Lorelei's room, and give, oh say, Gary's icon when in Cerulean, etc (though RGBY's icon systems is WAY different frmo GS since RGBY is one huge map, and GS is a bunch of smaller, connected maps.

--Meowth346, who is possibly the worst explainer in the world.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.