The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Can you use Gameshark Pro to get mew in Stadium?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you use Gameshark Pro to get mew in Stadium?
Dragonov
Farting Nudist
Member # 222

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2000 10:52 AM      Profile for Dragonov   Email Dragonov   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have a gameshark pro for my N64 and was wondering if there is a way to
use it to get mew when playing pokemon red/blue/yellow on the gameboy tower.
I do not own a gameshark for the gameboy. The gameboy gameshark codes do
not work if I input them into the N64 gameshark and there are extra spaces
left as well. Does anyone know how to convert codes from the gaemboy
gameshark to the N64 version? (Mainly the 01??d8cf code so I get get a
mew.) I tried using the code generator to alter which pokemon I fight but
was unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

------------------

Mew2150
Farting Nudist
Member # 198

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2000 11:06 AM      Profile for Mew2150     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, there's no such code to do that. You'll need to get a gameshark for gameboy to do that.

------------------
It is I Mew2150 the most powerful Pokemon ever!

From: The Sky in Pallet Town | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2000 12:52 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

It should be possible to build that code. The codes as written have *NO* prayer of working (the N64 has more memory, different preface...). The only thing that will be the same is the data byte.

It isn't a big priority with me to get that code. If you have GS PRO for N64, then you should try the same things that would work for GB shark, except that you can take some shortcuts (turn on that find codes mode, start up the GB tower mode, find a code that works (like "modify quantity of first item"). Then post it here. My theory is that some memory arithmetic will give us a formula to use the N64 shark to use ALL the GB shark data (except that the N64 lacks a toggle switch, which can probably be worked around).

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2000 02:40 PM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

It should be possible to build that code. The codes as written have *NO* prayer of working (the N64 has more memory, different preface...). The only thing that will be the same is the data byte.

It isn't a big priority with me to get that code. If you have GS PRO for N64, then you should try the same things that would work for GB shark, except that you can take some shortcuts (turn on that find codes mode, start up the GB tower mode, find a code that works (like "modify quantity of first item"). Then post it here. My theory is that some memory arithmetic will give us a formula to use the N64 shark to use ALL the GB shark data (except that the N64 lacks a toggle switch, which can probably be worked around).

-cfalcon

i think everyting will be the same code, except all the numbers are in different order. I saw a code on UPNetwork to get mew in stadium, but i dunno.

------------------
-Atomic Mew

ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2000 03:52 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

(except that the N64 lacks a toggle switch, which can probably be worked around).

Possibly one of those things like the Zelda hold L to float code (I forgot the name.. Activator maybe...)? You'd have to hold a button for it to be on (upC would be good...)...

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonair
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 227

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2000 04:34 PM      Profile for Dragonair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The formula for converting GB Codes to N64 has already been found! By me! Don't believe me? Here it is:

Take any Gameboy code, catch Mew for example:
0115D7CF
Divide the code into four parts:
01 15 D7 CF
Rearrange from 1,2,3,4 order to 1,4,3,2 order:
01 CF D7 15
(Now comes the tricky part)
Here's the magic code: *80154DBF*
Put the last part of the above code (15) as the value for this code:
80154DBF 0015
Then, add the first 3 parts (01CFD7) to 80154DBF.
How? Fire up Windows Calculator. Select View, Scientific. Select "Hex" (on the left side). Now, enter 01CFD7 + 80154DBF.
You get 80171D96. So, the complete code is:
80171D96 0015 - Catch Mew

That was for the Yellow version. For Red/Blue, the procedure is the same, but the "magic code" is 80154DC0.

Of course, why waste time using the formula for every code, when there's a ton of pre-made codes already. Go to: http://animal2627.tripod.com/pokegs.txt
Scroll down about halfway until it says Following Codes by Animal.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2000 09:52 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

That's exactly what I said could be done. For those who think it's black magic, he gets the game boy address, adds to that the address where the codes start on the N64, and puts the data value in the N64 data space.

Very nice work... That is quite commendable!

-cfalcon

[Thanks you much]

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.