The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » My quest for a GameShark at FunCo Land...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My quest for a GameShark at FunCo Land...
Narcissus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 180

Rate Member
posted 03-31-2000 04:09 PM      Profile for Narcissus   Email Narcissus   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kinda amusing story...

My brother and I decided to split the cost of a gameshark... me being a poor college student and he being a poorer 5th grader. So we goto funco land and the lady hands us our game shark but decides to give us the 3rd degree before she will accept my check...

Do you have a N64/Pokemon Stadium?

Ya, got it the day it came out...

Ya know you cant use game sharked pokemon with pokemon stadium... it wont take them and will erase your game boy game...

uhhh huh.

(Note that I knew this was false because I come here AND my brother knew cause hes been using a sharked mew he got from a friend for about a week)

So I buy it and I open it and its got this huge sticker across the GB interface port that basicly says 'pokemon sucks and this GS will delete your game'...

So Im wondering if nintendo is tripping or if this chick was just willfully ignorant and just saying what she got in a memo from a nintendo spokesperson...

------------------
Narcissus of Team Rocket..

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 04:54 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hehehe.

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 12:57 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sharked Pokemon work fine in Stadium. It is impossible for it to detect whether a Pokemon has been modified, unless you put an illegal attack on it (but it just marks those in red text).

Has there ever been a confirmed case of a GameShark erasing a saved game when the codes were entered correctly?

ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 06:09 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Has there ever been a confirmed case of a GameShark erasing a saved game when the codes were entered correctly?

Yes, but under strange circumstances. My best friend had just gotten a gameshark (2.0 normal), and used it w/ pokemon blue. followed all of the instructions. It then said:
"Your saved game data has been erased"
Sure enough it had. but sometimes, it says that, but it isn't erased.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2000 09:00 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZZTRaider:
My best friend had just gotten a gameshark (2.0 normal), and used it w/ pokemon blue. followed all of the instructions. It then said:
"Your saved game data has been erased"
Sure enough it had. but sometimes, it says that, but it isn't erased.

That happened to me once, but I shut my game off b4 it took effect. My friend wasn't so lucky.

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

...or so they say...

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.