The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » [POLL]What type of gameshark do you own?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [POLL]What type of gameshark do you own?
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2000 09:33 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This info is important,for a explanation,read my other topic on this board.And,please explain which gameshark is better,and how it's better...gameshark,or gameshark PRO?

------------------
AIM:argothian007wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 12:46 AM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Argo:
This info is important,for a explanation,read my other topic on this board.And,please explain which gameshark is better,and how it's better...gameshark,or gameshark PRO?

regular gameshark.

------------------
-Atomic Mew

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 05:20 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just picked up a Pro a couple weeks ago (when I got Yellow and a GBC). Is it true that the regular Shark can only use the pre-programmed codes that the company put in themselves?
*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 02:38 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NO$GMB, with a PC-GB memory card device.

------------------
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) DaS rIgHt?

From: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Narcissus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 180

Rate Member
posted 03-31-2000 03:25 PM      Profile for Narcissus   Email Narcissus   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just baught a GS pro and it works great for yellow... not sure on B/R/G/S though...

------------------
Narcissus of Team Rocket..

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 03:43 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, I think I replied to the other Gameshark post, but here goes:

I looked, couldn't find anything that said the pro was more or less able than any others. I can't help there.

Interact will upgrade to Pro from regular, I forget whether it costs a few bucks or not.

Since it's supposed to be a better version, it might be. I'm sure it'll actually work with color. Mine is a gray beasty that only works on my Pocket.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 04:57 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*would pay up to 60 bucks for a grey one*

------------------
-Nintendo Power

-Ash

Narcissus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 180

Rate Member
posted 03-31-2000 05:36 PM      Profile for Narcissus   Email Narcissus   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dang man there really is no real differance Ive got a version 3.0 gameshark and it works great! spend 30.00 instead of 60 and get a better shark.

------------------
Narcissus of Team Rocket..

JDonald
Farting Nudist
Member # 126

posted 03-31-2000 05:40 PM      Profile for JDonald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The device I bought was the GameShark Pro (the black one) and all my hacking and cracking was done on it. The code generator feature of the GameShark Pro has been invaluable to me, and it's not in the regular GameShark right?

[ 01-13-2005, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: JDonald ]

- - - - -
-hanzou

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 06:02 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Woohoo!!!

i just tricked a guy into selling me his grey shark for 30 bucks!

woohoo!!!

------------------
-Nintendo Power

-Ash

Mew2150
Farting Nudist
Member # 198

Rate Member
posted 03-31-2000 08:25 PM      Profile for Mew2150     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ive only seen GameSharkPro, but I am satisfied with it. With the Code Generator and capibility of any codes this one has got it all! Why is everybody saying Regular is better?

------------------
It is i mew2150 the greatest pokemon and pokemon master!

From: The Sky in Pallet Town | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
JDonald
Farting Nudist
Member # 126

posted 03-31-2000 09:42 PM      Profile for JDonald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Argo, I really don't think he was the one who was tricked...

------------------
JDonald, the guy who found the steal-other-trainer's-pokemon code.
Check out my "Additional GameShark codes for Pokemon" documents.
Red/Blue: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokegs2.txt
Yellow: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokeygs2.txt

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 09:42 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok..i just came back from the gameshark code creators club...they all say the original is better...it is much safer.....the pro deletes you game much more easiliy,becuase some codes are missing out...this is confirmed,and i am getting my friends used grey shark.

------------------
-Nintendo Power

-Ash

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 12:48 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I see. The regular doesn't have the feature that lets you figure out new codes, but you can still enter custom ones.

What do you mean by "some codes are missing out" in the Pro?

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 01:04 AM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well..some codes dont work on it,and instead,erase your game,just like entering some random numbers and what not..

------------------
-Nintendo Power

-Ash

JDonald
Farting Nudist
Member # 126

posted 04-01-2000 12:27 PM      Profile for JDonald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Argo, I'm inclined to believe this is just some lie put on by grey GameShark users at GSCCC. Lately the kind of people hanging out on GSCCC's message boards and chat rooms (particularly the GSCCC Pokemon board) seem to be very immature. Try asking for a single confirmed code that works on the old GameShark but not the GameShark Pro. I'll bet that noone has such a code. I also think noone on GSCCC will be able to give you any confirmed code for erasing your game on Pro, and hence certainly not any code that would erase your game on Pro but not the regular GameShark.

------------------
JDonald, the guy who found the steal-other-trainer's-pokemon code.
Check out my "Additional GameShark codes for Pokemon" documents.
Red/Blue: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokegs2.txt
Yellow: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokeygs2.txt

Hitmonrich
unregistered

posted 04-01-2000 12:47 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have an Action Replay Pro. You get them here in the UK.

------------------
The Pokemasters sucks. Well that's all I've got to say, don't visit:

www.thepokemasters.com

IP: Logged
No-BS PiccoloNamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 151

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2000 11:11 AM      Profile for No-BS PiccoloNamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a Black GS Pro.

I could never have gotten my 3 way max stat electrode without it. It allowed me to catch any pokemon I want above 50, and I can fight Mewtwo's for box tricking. Hehe.

Too bad i can't use it in Stadium. Dodrio mode would be REALLY useful for box tricking.

------------------
Vote Libertarian.

Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2000 08:57 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've got a gray Gameshark that that hunt it's own codes. It's only erased one game, and thank god it was my friend's who was using it a second. It seems to work a LOT better on my sister's pocket than me GBC, when it freezes like every 3 minutes. I ferget what version it is tho, but I know it said "works for GBC" on the box.

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

...or so they say...

Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 04-03-2000 11:33 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, i have a black GS pro which I've always used and it has never erased my game. i'm quite inclined to side with jdonald on the idea that some GSCCC people are giving flawed info, since lately i've been quite frustrated with the posters there. and i think it is rather unlikely that an old GS could be less likely to erase your game than the newer GS pro. i thought that only the black GS pro had the code generator, but when slick said "I've got a gray Gameshark that that hunt it's own codes" did he mean the gray gameshark has the code generator feature? well anyway though, that part shouldn't matter too much for you argo since i doubt you plan to spend time hacking codes. i guess the last point to consider would be whether the GS functions on the gameboy color. cfalcon said his gray version doesn't work on GBC, and slick66 said his gray version freezes like every 3 minutes on GBC. i know you don't own a GBC yet argo but you might want to use one in the future.

i say go with the black GS pro.

------------------

ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2000 03:51 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheater:
i thought that only the black GS pro had the code generator,
nope. my friend's gray one has it.
but when slick said "I've got a gray Gameshark that that hunt it's own codes" did he mean the gray gameshark has the code generator feature?
yes, but I believe it is called a "game trainer" in gray.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2000 05:05 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alrighty.....i got a GREY shark today....i still feel its best for my shark tasks...

And i do own a GBC,i tried the shark on it today,and it wouldnt fit with my battery pack on....you know...that purple charger pack....anyway...when i put in the ac adapter,it works perfect.

I am about to put in the stat exp modifier code....but i dont know exactly how to work it,and i dont want to erase my game or make a mistake on the first try...cheater....cfalcon....do either of you have AIM/AOL?

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
-Nintendo Power

-Ash

Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2000 05:26 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I figured out what I was doing wrong to make it freeze! i kept fergettin' to keep it OFF while starting it up! Now I have the best of both worlds! Sorry for the confusion. And by the way, it's Version 2.4.

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

...or so they say...

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 04-09-2000 05:22 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WAHOO!!! I just got a Gameshark!! A black 4.0 one!!! I now have a Pikachu with Fly and Surf, A Mew, And have played Pikachu's beach.....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-09-2000 05:37 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also have a Black GS Pro, and have had no problems with my game being erased, yet.

Recently, though, I have been hacking through Stadium's GB Tower and an N64 GS Pro 3.2 instead. I find it easier to hack that way because you don't have to reset the fricking game every time you do a code search.

I also found the max stat EXP codes for GB Tower in Stadium, but posting them would be redundant because the GB codes for max stat EXP were already posted.

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.