The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Gameshark Codes for Pokemon Green?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gameshark Codes for Pokemon Green?
CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 03-22-2000 03:24 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm new here. I'm Curtis Warner, owner of 5 (or 6, I can't remember) web pages. One of them is The Ultimate Pokedex (See my signature). For the Pokedex, I need to get pictures from Pokemon Green, but this is hard, since my game is in Jap and I can't find any GameShark codes to help me "catch 'em all". Sooo.... Does anybody here have any codes for Pokemon Green?? I tried asking on EAGB's board, but *ZERO* told me to come here, since there were a lot of bright GameSharkers. THANKS!!!!!

------------------
You want Pokemon info? Check out the Ultimate Pokedex, at http://UPokedex.cjb.net !!! It has THE MOST Info anywhere!!! Pictures, Pokedex entries, attacks, and stats FROM EVERY VERSION!!!!! Did you know that Mewtwo learns a different set of attacks in Gold? Or that the ledgendary birds do, too? That Mew will learn Atomic Force at level 50 in Gold? And that Bulbasaur will learn Sweet Smell and Photosynthesis? Ever see a golden Nokotchi, or the official picture of Sonansu? All that and more at THE ULTIMATE POKEDEX!!!!

There, enough spam. I'm done!

From: Turquoise City, Isuto | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 03-22-2000 03:41 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought that this was how it worked:
(Note: _ should be a space, just for alignment)

American | Japaneese
---------+----------
Red______| Red
Blue_____| Green
Green*___| Blue
Gold_____| Gold
Silver___| Silver
Yellow___| Yellow**

* Not released in USA at this time
** Unsure if Japan had Yellow, I assume they did.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

[This message has been edited by ZZTRaider (edited 03-22-2000).]

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-22-2000 05:17 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Japanese Green, which sold quite poorly compared to Red, became the American Blue, which sold better than the Red.

I bought Blue because of Vulpix.

The codes for green are the same for red. Please note that this does not imply that they are the same as the American games.

Japanese Blue was a special edition. It pulled an odd monster mix off (like yellow did), probably complemented yellow pretty well. In addition, Blue players had (I've heard) an advantage Red/Green players did not: they could purchase HP up (incorporated into American version).

So look around for Red/Green codes. I don't have a cart, so I can't find any easily, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

You can also try US codes and change the address, first by 1, then by 2, then etc...

after a while, start with -1, -2, etc...

no promises there. Point is it'll be the same data structures, different location (likely).

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-24-2000 04:09 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I normally don't release codes before they're on my website, but...

Japanese Red, Blue, Green, Yellow codes for battling any Pokémon:
01**BFCF This lets you fight any, but you only see gibberish and must catch the Pokémon to actually get an image of it.

However, this is solved with:
01**36D0
With this one, you'll keep on going into battle with non-glitched Pokémon.

The best to use, though is filling the PokéDex:
00FF7BD2- (through)
00FF8CD2+ (and)
007F8DD2

This allows you to have all of them caught. It's easier to just hold the F key in NO$GMB to edit the RAM data directly insatead of putting in a ton of codes for the PokéDex or battle 151 Pokémon.

--Meowth346

------------------

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 03-24-2000).]

CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 07:01 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks SO MUCH!!! Now I can finally get ALL of the pictures for my Pokedex!!!

THANKS!!!!

------------------
You want Pokemon info? Check out the Ultimate Pokedex, at http://UPokedex.cjb.net !!! It has THE MOST Info anywhere!!! Pictures, Pokedex entries, attacks, and stats FROM EVERY VERSION!!!!! Did you know that Mewtwo learns a different set of attacks in Gold? Or that the ledgendary birds do, too? That Mew will learn Atomic Force at level 50 in Gold? And that Bulbasaur will learn Sweet Smell and Photosynthesis? Ever see a golden Nokotchi, or the official picture of Sonansu? All that and more at THE ULTIMATE POKEDEX!!!!

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 09:02 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I told you they were smart. Good to see you here Meowth346, you've got a really good site.

------------------
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) DaS rIgHt?

From: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 09:51 AM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, these guys are GREAT!!!! I wish I knew so much about how the game works...

THANKS SO MUCH Meowth346!!!! I go to your page every day! (Remember me? I Emailed you about pictures, once.)

Those codes work great!! When I put Zapdos in the Pokedex, he'll have everything!! Now I really DO have pictures from every version!!!!

Using the Gameshark, I found out some cool things. First off, MEW IS SO UGLY IN GREEN!!!!! He's HIDEOUS!!!! It looks like it got crippled, or something. If I found one, I'd run from it!!! And, I was able to see that (using my incredibly small knowledge of Jap), even in Japanese, Missingno.'s name is still Missingno.!! Just with only one S, I think, and no period at the end. Wierd, huh?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 03-29-2000 10:51 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to know somethihng then, what does the border (in SGB mode) look like for the Japanese Blue Version (what would be our green version)? Maybe they will give it away as a prize someday and add the ability to buy PP ups !

------------------
"Welcome to DJ inc. where nothing is out of the ordinary."

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-29-2000 11:21 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Japanese Blue looks like our English Blue. The Japanese Green, however, looks like our Red, but with a green colour and probably different Pokémon on the cards.

--Meowth346

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2000 02:33 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm currantly making a translation for the Japanese Blue.... Why? Because I feel like it......

Anyway all that stuff'll help me with the translation......
------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

[This message has been edited by Volrath50 (edited 03-30-2000).]

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2000 06:59 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, does anybody have a code to get Masterballs in Red/Green? I need screenshots of the Japanese Pokedex entries (you'll see why soon... heh heh), and it's a pain trying to fill the Pokedex with that huge code. So, is there a code to give me Masterballs? Thanks, again!

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-23-2000 08:06 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The easiest way I could see to go, besides codes to edit the PokéDex, would be:
00**A2D2 Contents Item 1
00**A3D2 Amount Item 1

Put "01" for the first code, for Master Ball, and "97" for the second should give you 151 Master Balls.

--Meowth346

------------------
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 08:00 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, thanks! Man, you truly ARE awesome!! THANKS!!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.