The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » cfalcon-- problem with one of your codes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cfalcon-- problem with one of your codes
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 10:39 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok... I tried this code a million times on Yellow (I did all the necessary things for it to work) and it still won't.
My Mewtwo/Jolteon/Starmie arn't able to achieve max stat exp. with this code (for Red)

01FE80D1

I am doing it on my yellow and I did subtract 1 to make the code 01FE8FD1. But it didn't work. I tried it four times (re-punching in the code). It's weird because all of the other codes for stat exp. work when you subtract 1. DO you know what's going on?

p.s- I know it's the stat exp. because when I used it on my Mewtwo his defense was 215, the maximum defense (withough any Stat Experience) a Mewtwo can have. So I know that the gene codes worked correctly.

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

[This message has been edited by 10,000Lb.Snorlax (edited 03-21-2000).]

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 10:58 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, sorry, but what you are supposed to do is minus one rom the whole coullum. Like 01FE80D1
whould become
01FE7FD1
I think. Thats how it works for me. If not I have no Idea

------------------

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 11:04 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Whoa there. That's a 16 bit address there, ya know.

The code for Defense stat EXP is two bytes, as it is a 16 bit value.

01FE80D1
010181D1

on Red/Blue.

This puts the valle FE01 into the Defense Stat EXP, which is what you want.

Now every place in memory on a Gameboy has an address. The first byte addressable is 0000 (in hex). The memory addresses we are dealing with are D180 and D181, so it looks like:

D180 = FE
D181 = 01

See? We are just writing value into RAM when we pulse the switch.

Now to your question. It does work on yellow. You just subtracted wrong.

D180 -1 = D17F, not D18F. (D18F is D180 + F (decimal 15), and refers to your derived current attack value (the value that is generated when you pull a monster out of a box)). Use this code, and your attack will be temporarily changed (probably increased).

D181 -1 - D180

So for yellow, we want:

D17F = FE
D180 = 01

Which yields:

01FE7FD1
010180D1

which should max your defense stat EXP, which you will see when you pull your monster out of a box (forcing a rederivation of the values).

Tell me if this doesn't work for any reason,

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 11:24 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry. I didn't know how to explain it well. You people have to quit listening to me. At least I was right, just not in words.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 11:56 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Sorry Avalanche, I didn't see your post: it wasn't up when I clicked respond. I got caught up watching a TV show (Pollinators in Danger) and didn't click respond until I got around to finishing the message.

You are correct.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 11:56 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It works!

How come the other stat exp. codes worked when I subtracted from the other area?
??????

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 03-22-2000 01:23 AM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Becuase you subtracted correctly those times I guess, the one you listed is the only triky one. as for the captin there, no sweat. I was just joshin ya

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.