The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Shark compendium?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shark compendium?
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 05:42 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

If some of these codes we discuss really are new (and even if they aren't), we should really start organizing the codes into some kind of nice presentable thing...

Possibly if it was decent, it would have a home somewhere at the site... (ask Mr. K) but it would take some work to collect codes from everywhere...

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 06:03 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it has been my opinion in the past that I don't want to support Sharkery, however, if someone wanted to create a document with the most frequently used codes or whatever, I don't think we'd have much objection to putting it up.

Mainly I'd feel a little iffy about it, since I don't use a Shark, so I'd have no idea what the data I'd be putting up is, but if you'd like to take charge, I'm sure we could work something out.

I certainly have confidence in your expertise.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 08:12 AM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could help! I've got a huge collcetion of codes, and even if they aren't ours we just have to give proper credit to use them.

------------------
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) DaS rIgHt?

From: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Corran
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 84

Rate Member
posted 03-12-2000 06:12 PM      Profile for The Great Corran   Author's Homepage   Email The Great Corran   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ZERO, do you think you can send me all your codes and what they do cause I only have/can find a few.

------------------
I don't think that people should be so Gase so why don't you all mind your own bi-ness 'fore I pull Berniece out on your Candy A*ses!

From: NY - USA - GASEVILLE | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 01:08 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure what's your e-mail?

------------------

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 01:57 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can i help?
I could look for more codes in addition to the ones that i have.

Here are the codes I have so far: http://www5.50megs.com/pokeweekly/sharkery.htm

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

[This message has been edited by GolemKong (edited 03-13-2000).]

The Great Corran
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 84

Rate Member
posted 03-13-2000 03:05 PM      Profile for The Great Corran   Author's Homepage   Email The Great Corran   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can get me at either Squirtleny@aol.com or Dabearsindabowl3@aol.com Just make the subject say "Gameshark" or "This is ZERO" or something that I know it's you.

Thanx.

------------------
I don't think that people should be so Gase so why don't you all mind your own bi-ness 'fore I pull Berniece out on your Candy A*ses!

From: NY - USA - GASEVILLE | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 11:10 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have Tons......

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 12:01 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GolemKong:
Here are the codes I have so far: http://www5.50megs.com/pokeweekly/sharkery.htm

Hey, that's cool.

Now that we've got a baseline, if you guys can consolidate all your info, I should be able to format it for the main site.

I know just about nil about Sharkery, so you guys will have to work out among yourselves the best way to convey all the info, but I can help with cleaning up the HTML and such.

Don't worry about trying to duplicate the nav bar and all that, I have scripts doing that anyway.

------------------
KOFFING!

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 02:37 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

We should have:

1) Commonly used codes for 1P mode, especially those that are useful for levelling monsters (the item codes, etc.). These are everywhere, and are trivial to find with the shark, as well.

2) Pokemon modification codes: the very useful codes that directly modify the pokemon data structures in memory, as well as a good explanation of everything (for example, we will explain the derivation of deter values from the two bytes that contain them, though this isn't just a shark fact).

3) Miscellaneous codes

We also should have an explanation of what hexadecimal is, how to convert hex to decimal (many don't know, and it's easy as sin, especially if you're willing to just use a calculator).

The key would be to document it well, and I certainly think this is well within the realm of the possible...

Any other points to make?

-cfalcon

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 07:50 AM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well yesterday I wrote up some common codes and the rare codes around here and I have a 20 page compendium! It is a little messy however anyone who wants to retouch it can gladly.

P.s - just sent it

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 09:55 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Good work, thank you, Zero.

Twenty pages is probably shrinkable...the reference that I have is one page front and back, and that contains almost every code I need for testing during classes

On the other hand, it has tiny text.

I bet most of that room is in the form of a huge list of monsters, one after another, with hex codes to each one, right? We can shrink that with the wonderful power of the second dimension

Send it over to my account (singcom@hotmail.com) and let me see if I can make it prettier... (this will make me check my email, something I do highly infrequently... Let me tell tales of the spam I get for the unspeakable sin of using hotmail...)

Again, thanks much, Zero

Mr. K, what would you need in terms of a final document? A text file? An html file? What should the template be, etc. Have you formally decided that this would be something beneficial to the site?

-cfalcon

------------------

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 02:13 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
Mr. K, what would you need in terms of a final document?

I'll send you an e-mail with some suggestions and whatnot.

------------------
KOFFING!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 06:48 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We also should have an explanation of what hexadecimal is, how to convert hex to decimal (many don't know, and it's easy as sin, especially if you're willing to just use a calculator).

No, you hit the "hex" button, not the "sin" button.

You should also indicate how to convert between Red/Blue and Yellow codes, or just post the Yellow ones alongside. Actually, I'm still not totally sure how to do that. Is it reducing the third-to-last digit by one?

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 11:05 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

In every code I've seen, that's been the case. This is because the memory address in the code 01XX77D1 is D177. So the yellow equivalent for this address is D176, and the code is 01XX76D1. Note that in the example case of:
01XX00D2
the code would be
01XXFFD1

etc.

Actually, it's possible that they moved a few bytes of memory somewhere else, and that if you looked around you could find addresses that are offset by one or more bytes in the other direction. My point is, it seems to always be worth a shot to do the one byte less trick, but there's no guarantee, short of checking that whole section, that the entire thing is set up that way.

-cfalcon

------------------

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 08:20 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just noticed that the compendium is lacking the codes for max level exp. Really good otherwise, though.
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 09:55 AM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Just noticed that the compendium is lacking the codes for max level exp. Really good otherwise, though.

It's up?

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-26-2000 05:32 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Shouldn't be... I haven't submitted it yet (need to add a couple more codes and put in the intro to hex).

But I was thinking about including those constants... it's just a matter of plugging in the max EXP and converting it into hex. I recently got emailed a cool javascript thing (need to get back in touch with the author and see if javascript is considered appropriate for this website) before I can promise that'll be on the final version or anything...

-cfalcon

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-26-2000 07:36 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my god sorry Cfalcon! I didn't see your post so I didn't know to send you the file but I'm sending it to you now.

------------------

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-26-2000 11:34 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was referring to the link that GolemKong posted, not an actual page on Azure.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.