The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » OT Modifier help!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT Modifier help!
*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can someone please give me the name of a program, spell, hole in time or something that can tell me where I can find the hex values of certain things in a Pokemon game. Specifically the OT.I thought that the OT was in the same place as the name (01****D2) but it isn't trust me I just spent 2 hours on hex workshop to figure that out! So can anyone somebody please help me. I can give you the name change code in return.

------------------
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) DaS rIgHt?

From: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Corran
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 84

Rate Member
posted 03-09-2000 04:05 PM      Profile for The Great Corran   Author's Homepage   Email The Great Corran   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's Hex workshop?

------------------
I don't think that people should be so Gase so why don't you all mind your own bi-ness 'fore I pull Berniece out on your Candy A*ses!

From: NY - USA - GASEVILLE | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 04:44 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please post the name change code. We've been wondering about that.

By OT, you mean the OT that is linked to the cartridge, not the one that is linked to monsters?

Also, please specify whether you mean the name of the Trainer (ex: Ash) or the name of the monster (ex: LOLA).

Thank you very much,

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 06:14 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the misunderstanding but

1) Hex workshop is a program that reads every single Hexidecimal code in a ROM (Only problem is there is literally about 1,000,000)

2) The codes can be found at http://www.angelfire.com/ok/EVOver2/News.html

I posted this before but people had seemed to ignore it. Sorry about scheming it but I just wanted to try and grab some attention for this topic.

3) By OT I mean the original Person who caught the monsters name (ie: ash, jack) not the monsters name ie: bulby, Lola, Miles)

Sorry about the confusion but like I said I was staring at a bunch of numbers and letters for 2 hours.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 11:10 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dude, staring at hex codes for hours might be fun, but it isn't how to get all of the codes. I have Hex Workshop, but not the US ROMS, so I've never bothered to use it (I think I'll get them for that purpose, though).

The Shark has a built in "trainer". That's the way to get codes for variables you exert control over (not that I have this code, but I think I would know how to get it: keep restarting, use trainer, etc.)

-cfalcon

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 12:29 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got it:

01XX59D3 High byte, trainer number
01XX5AD3 Low byte, trainer number

These codes are used to modify the trainer number of the actual file (not individual pokemon). If you change this number, all pokemon not matching the new number will gain 1.5 EXP, for instance. All new pokemon caught will be using the new number, and you can probably use this to fool Stadium, as well.

Leave GS switch off (after entering codes), start game, toggle GS switch On, then Off again, then save. It will tell you that the older file will be erased. This is because it is based on trainer number, which you just changed. Answer OK. Your Trainer number is now modified, with all the attendant penalties and bonuses.

I erred in a previous post: your trainer number is NOT listed on your status screen. I actually think you need to catch a monster to check it.

Someone a long time ago asked how to make your trainer number 00000: well, just plop in 0s for the Xs above.

A bunch of other posts will tell you how to convert decimal to hex: I suggest you use Windows calculator, since you probably already have it, though

Good luck all (responses/corrections always appreciated),

-cfalcon

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 02:13 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow those codes are awesome! I really appreciate the work and all and so does everybody else I'm sure but that was not the code I was talking about. If you go to a Pokemons stats and look on the first page with the speed,hp,attack,special, etc. than you will see on the bottom accross from special two letters (OT) and a trainer name filling in that space. I was trying to find a code to alter that Pokemons individual OT name. Those codes you made are really useful though!

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 02:15 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ooops I forgot to say something. I have a GB rom creator so if you want those ROMS you can just give me your E-Mail. GB roms have been pretty much wiped clean from the net

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 02:25 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've posted those before (for Red/Blue):

01??77D1
01??78D1

Will modify the OT value of the top monster. This allows you to gain enhanced EXP with it, or change it to yours so that you can change the name (I've never done it, but it's been confirmed).

For more detail, this particular issue is addressed in the "Gameshark" post and in the "Is there any way to change the name of a pokemon" post.

Thank you,
-cfalcon

------------------

Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 08:11 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YAY! That's the code I wanted to see! cfalcon you are a great Gamesharker hehe. =D Thanks a lot!!! Now I will be trainer 00000 or maybe 00001.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 08:13 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't mean to seem like a bitch, but I understand the OT ID changer, but what I am talking about is the name of the original person who caught it. it should be 7 codes one for each letter and it is for the name not the number. An example would be your friend jim catches a ditto and trades it to you and it will read OT Jim. Do you understand, I am not looking for the number modifier but the name modifier of the original person whose game the Pokemon came from.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2000 02:08 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Oh. Gotcha.

[cfalcon mumbles, hoping that someone else would find *THOSE* codes... I mean, someone, somewhere, did... I'm pretty sure I'm not the first... ]

Ok, For Yellow:

01XX72D2
01XX73D2
01XX74D2
01XX75D2
01XX76D2
01XX77D2
01XX78D2

For Red/Blue:

01XX73D2
01XX74D2
01XX75D2
01XX76D2
01XX77D2
01XX78D2
01XX79D2

Now what you do is plug into the XX's the number that translates to the character in question. I'm ripping this chart off of:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/EVOver2/index.html

Well, not actually *ripping*. I copied it over, found a bunch of errors in the lowercase stuff and corrected them. Either this chart is wrong, or the actual letter codes change whether you are dealing with monster names or trainer names (the codes given are said to modify monster names).

Here goes:

A 80 K 8A U 94 [ 9E i A8 s B2 l BC
B 81 L 8B V 95 ] 9F j A9 t B3 s BD
C 82 M 8C W 96 a A0 k AA u B4 t BE
D 83 N 8D X 97 b A1 l AB v B5 v BF
E 84 O 8E Y 98 c A2 m AC w B6
F 85 P 8F Z 99 d A3 n AD x B7
G 86 Q 90 ( 9A e A4 o AE y B8
H 87 R 91 ) 9B f A5 p AF z B9
I 88 S 92 : 9C g A6 q B0 e BA
J 89 T 93 ; 9D h A7 r B1 d BB

C0-DF all look like a space, might try them if Stadium is changing your space to null (or something).

' E0
Pk E1
Mn E2
- E3
'r E4
m (?) E5
? E6
! E7
. E8
??? E9 (looks foreign)
??? EA (looks foreign)
??? EB (same deal)
|> EC (open triangle)
|> ED (filled triangle)
EE (filled triangle points down)
Mars EF
Pk-Yen F0 (money symbol in game)
Odd X F1 (from title screen)
. F2
/ F3 (for accessing files on Bill's PC)
, F4
Venus F5
0 F6
1 F7
2 F8
3 F9
4 FA
5 FB
6 FC
7 FD
8 FE
9 FF

(F3 was a joke, assuming Bill runs Unix)

*Note: all lowercase letters AFTER lowercase z are actualy prefaced with tilde or some kind of foreign accent. English character only? Why?

I'm not sure, but I think when you want a name to end you put a 00. Once again, I am not certain of this, and I would certainly test it. It is possible that this is what Stadium does to names: replace the space with a Null character (the zero character, probably the EOS character here).

So if you wanted Cfalc as your OT for the pokemon in the first slot, you would use: (On Red/Blue):

018273D2
01A574D2
01A075D2
01AB76D2
01A277D2
010078D2

And I'm not certain what, if anything, goes here, but I'll guess 00 (it works OK).
010079D2

Please note that I have no idea what the normal space character is. Experiment. Have fun.

Responses appreciated. Is this the code set you were looking for?

[cfalcon asks politely while fingering his gun]

-cfalcon

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2000 07:42 AM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YES!! That is the code I was looking for, that must have of taken you along time to find I am very grateful that you actually did it for me! Anything I can do for you I would be glad to help with to help repay you, with this I can finally transfer all of my r/b pokemon on to Yellow!

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2000 01:19 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Hmm... just curious... why couldn't you before?

I'm pretty sure that code existed (though I've never seen it, and I looked in the common places, I thought): like many codes, it isn't hard to find, just kind of tedious due to the Shark taking forever to scan memory.

Thanks,
-cfalcon

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2000 06:36 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I could before I just wanted to keep everything under the same trainer. How do you know where to look to find those codes because I would like to start finding some good codes myself.

P.s - Trust me I've looked everywhere, you ARE the first person to put that code on the net!

------------------

AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2000 08:33 PM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey cfalcon, can you find codes that modify the TRAINER names? pleeease it would be really awesome if you could.

------------------
-Atomic Mew

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 07:59 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Ummm... what do you mean by trainer names?

Changing id# of cartridge- contained in this string.

Changing id# of first pokemon in hand- contained in this string.

Changing OT (text string) of first pokemon in hand- contained in this string.

Changing name of monster: use name changer after changing id# of pokemon using shark- follows from this string.

Changing name of OT on cartridge (ex: ASH, the name you pick at start): not yet in this string. I don't know if this code exists. If this is the code you requested, confirm that and I'll try and find it...

-cfalcon

------------------

JDonald
Farting Nudist
Member # 126

posted 03-12-2000 09:38 PM      Profile for JDonald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The codes to change your character's name are,
Red/Blue:
01??58D1
01??59D1
01??5AD1
01??5BD1
01??5CD1
01??5DD1
01??5ED1
01??5FD1
01??60D1
01??61D1
015062D1

Yellow:
01??57D1
01??58D1
01??59D1
01??5AD1
01??5BD1
01??5CD1
01??5DD1
01??5ED1
01??5FD1
01??60D1
015061D1

See those last codes that put the hex value 50 as the 11th letter? When you alter your character's name, MAKE SURE you put those codes in. The null terminator is actually 50, not 00, although 00 works on yellow. In red/blue, if your name is not terminated with a 50, your game will become unloadable! So far this is the only confirmed way that a GameShark can actually make you lose your saved game, so be careful.

(edit: Now it's my turn to go and fix all these broken links.)

[ 01-13-2005, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: JDonald ]

- - - - -
-hanzou

AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 09:41 PM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yah, cfalcon... thats the one i was looking for.
i was wondering, can you tell me how to use the gameshark trainer? i kind of lost my instruction manual.

------------------
-Atomic Mew

JDonald
Farting Nudist
Member # 126

posted 03-12-2000 09:43 PM      Profile for JDonald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oops, my first time posting here and the links in my signature didn't come out right. I think they're fixed now.

[ 01-13-2005, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: JDonald ]

- - - - -
-hanzou

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 11:57 AM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Jdonald I found some codes of yours earlier and posted them here. They kick ass!

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 03:27 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Again, just popping this back to the top as some have requested name change codes and stuff. I'm feeling better about the compendium, but we are still trying to figure out a nice way to put it online. Probably we'll fiddle with it for a while, and do something that's only half decent. Or maybe that's just me

-cfalcon

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.