The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Is there a way to change the name of pokemon..???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there a way to change the name of pokemon..???
JediAnnihilator
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 85

Rate Member
posted 03-02-2000 03:55 PM      Profile for JediAnnihilator   Author's Homepage   Email JediAnnihilator   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I mean besides talk to that Name Rater...He say they are truly impeccable, but I want to change them!!!!

------------------
JediAnnihilator
-The destroyer of all that is good.

Gandalf
Farting Nudist
Member # 77

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 04:05 PM      Profile for Gandalf   Author's Homepage   Email Gandalf   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is the only way, and you cannot change the name
of pokemon you get in a trade. Side note, if
you didn't know it, in Gold/Silver there is
a guy like a name rater who will delete moves
for you, even HMs...

------------------
---Gandalf---

Stephen
Farting Nudist
Member # 58

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 05:37 PM      Profile for Stephen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf:
you cannot change the name of pokemon you get in a trade.

Can it be done with a Game Shark?

-Stephen

From: Merrie Olde Englande | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mush B. Oom
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 32

Rate Member
posted 03-02-2000 06:54 PM      Profile for Mush B. Oom   Email Mush B. Oom   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gameshark? Nope I had this explained to me in AGNP there would have to be an insane amount of hex codes just to change one letter.

------------------
-Mush B. Oom, the nation's music station

From: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 07:53 PM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ugh, GS *barf*

Lola? Cezanne? Marcel/Miles? Doris? Who came up with those retarded names?

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 08:28 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, with a gameshark it is easy. The reason he won't let you rename your pokémon now is because the pokémon's ID number doesn't match YOUR Trainer ID number. You must have either gotten pokémon in Trades, or changed their ID's yourself using gameshark. Firt you have to convert your trainer ID (Look at the stats screen of a pokémon you caught in the wild, in the cartridge you are playing) to hexadecimal. If you have a PC, just go to your calculator, go to "View" and hit scientific. Make sure the "Dec" button is pressed. Then enter your Trainer ID number (exp. 01013). Push the "Hexa" button. This will convert your ID number to either a 3 or 4 letter + digit combination. (If it's three just add a zero in front for the next part).

Then enter these codes in your gameshark:

01??77D1
01??78D1

In place of the ?? enter your 4 digit code (in order). SO if you got A2F5 as your code you would enter:

01A277D1
01F578D1

This works for your top pokémon on the list only. Turn your G/s on then off, and then save your game. Then go to Lavender Town, and the guy will let you rename your Pokémon, because your trainer ID is the same as the pokémon's. Understand? I did this for some pokémon just yesterday. Please thank cfalcon, as he was the one who taught me how to do this. Hope I could help

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2000 07:35 AM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/EVOver2/index.html

Here is your insane amount of hex codes

------------------
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) DaS rIgHt?

From: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
JediAnnihilator
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 85

Rate Member
posted 03-03-2000 06:21 PM      Profile for JediAnnihilator   Author's Homepage   Email JediAnnihilator   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got C01D, and put it in like this...

01C077D1

011D78D1(in another code enter)

It didn't change my number!!!!

My trainer number is...you want it to see if it works on yours???

------------------
JediAnnihilator

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2000 03:27 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you use the name modifiers or the ID # modifiers?

------------------
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) DaS rIgHt?

From: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2000 05:17 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a way to change the items that are stored in the pc?

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2000 11:32 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you take 'em out, you can alter 'em, GolemKing. You could probably find the code at GSCCC or GameFaqs if nobody knows it here.

------------------
~Slick has spoken~
Every year more women become pregnant than men.

JediAnnihilator
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 85

Rate Member
posted 03-08-2000 08:17 PM      Profile for JediAnnihilator   Author's Homepage   Email JediAnnihilator   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I used the code that 10,000 Lb. Snorlax posted to use, it won't work!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??

Help me out, because I have some cool names I want to name them....BTW even my pokemon that i caught in the won't can't get there name changed what's up with that?? I have no idea what the code Snorlax gave me was for though......HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!

------------------
JediAnnihilator

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 02:11 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

10,000 lb. Snorlax gave you valid codes for changing Trainer IDs. The codes have the following details:

1) They affect the first monster on your list's trainer ID number.

2) They are for US Red and Blue. For US Yellow, you probably change it to

01XX76D1
01XX77D1

but you might want to check that before using it.

Ok, to address you question:
1) You followed the instructions to get the hex equivalent of you own trainer ID (you can find this in the screen you get when you select your name when you pause). This was C01D, which is 49181 (your original number).

2) You entered both codes into the Gameshark AT THE SAME TIME, as so:
01C077D1
011D78D1
(again, assuming Red or Blue)

3) You made sure the GS switch at the top was off (right position), then hit start game

4) You put the monster to modify at the top of your list, turned the switch on, then turned it back off.

5) After you have done this, check on the monster. It's number should then be the same as yours. If you go through this and that isn't the case, walk me through each step and tell me what's happening.

I've never used this to change names, but if 10,000 lb. Snorlax says it works, then it does.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2000 01:55 AM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In Yellow, you can catch all those Pokémon you had to trade in-game to get in the other versions (with only one exception, Lola the Jynx).

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.