The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Gameshark (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Gameshark
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-21-2000 11:07 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This looks like a pretty mature group, so I doubt we'll get ridiculous replies, but I would like to know everyone's opinion on the shark.

Some people have violent opinons on this sort of thing: I imagine everyone here who has a shark (or uses an emulator, which is anyone who bothered to download one) uses them for testing, but what about using them to save time leveling up pokemon? Reassigning them moves you missed? Both of these are undetectable at tournament, and, while the pokemon are legal, it gives the shark owner a great deal of versatility that the straight-up gamer lacks.

Opinions?

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2000 12:24 AM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as you arent being cheap ( lv 255 Mewtwos ) its OK. I use it to help find the perfect pokemon by catching hundreds of the same pokemon untill I find the right one, and then use the box trick. The process takes me a few days, but without gameshark, it would take forever. Some may think it is cheating, but to a busy kid like me, its a short cut. I put in the same amount of time as a normal player would , and I get the fruits of my labor. I know for a fact that if you catch a pokemon right at lv 100, it will likely be weaker than a trained one. But that's just my opinion.
From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2000 04:15 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never use a Game Shark...because I don't have one. I also don't want one, tho. I have been able to get away with doing what limited research I've done without one, and I just have no need to cheat.

Interestingly, at the end of the tourney, I played some kids who wanted to play "Anything goes". "Sure", I said.

So we play for a while and my Wigglytuff is kicking butt, and I've slashed thru 4 of his team members, then the last 2 guys are L250 Pokemon with health bars that run all the way across the top of the screen.

Where's the fun in that? I consider those wins (how can Psyduck compete against someone with infinite health?)...but I talked to the kids and asked them if they thought that was fun.

They said winning is great, so, yeah, it's fun.

But I said, "Don't you see how unfair it is? I could bring a gun on the football field and beat the Miami Dolphins, but that doesn't make a great football player."

...but they just responded that losing sucks.

Kids...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2000 12:26 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now, L250 is just silly. I don't have any >100 (except the ones I caught on Mirror Beach (seafoam island trick), but those don't count).

I use a different analogy whenever someone advocates mad, unconstrained cheating (defined as any pokemon that I can examine and determine to be hacked: stats to high, illegal moves, level illegal, etc.): Rock paper scissors (good analogy because this is part of what pokemon is based on) goes:

Rock -> Scissors
Scissors -> Paper
Paper -> Rock

And now that we spent this much time going over the rules, we shake our fists and I punch you in the nose.

What a good game!

I would have had clarified "anything goes". I didn't know people were out there who actually did that. Guess I should have a L255 Magikarp with maxed stats and spore, just for giggles... Oh well...

Sorry you had to deal with little putzes, what can you do?
-cfalcon

------------------

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2000 06:38 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I figured "anything goes" means they get to go buck wild with Sleep and Freeze attacks, unlike in the competition.

I didn't even think about L250 guys...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2000 06:46 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone should find a code to increase your pokemons stat EXP! Does it exist? I haven't seen the code anywhere, yet I know it must exist to be found. If you just use the codes to increase your pokemons stats, the stats are fake and putting your pokemon into a Box will reveal your cheating.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2000 07:53 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would use a gameshark to get more than one of a useful TM, but I wouldn't use more than one on any team, other than the ones you can buy(read: H-Beam)

------------------

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2000 09:36 PM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porcupine:
Someone should find a code to increase your pokemons stat EXP! Does it exist? I haven't seen the code anywhere, yet I know it must exist to be found. If you just use the codes to increase your pokemons stats, the stats are fake and putting your pokemon into a Box will reveal your cheating.

hey. heres those codes you wanted to raise the stat exp for slot 1. this is from a guy named "cheater" @ gamefaqs. but be careful about using them b/c some people b****ed at me for asking for them

01??7CD1
01??7DD1
01??7ED1
01??7FD1
01??80D1
01??81D1
01??82D1
01??83D1
01??84D1
01??85D1
01??86D1
01??87D1

------------------
-Atomic Mew

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2000 02:12 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn! I was so proud of the sharking I did to find those same codes (stat EXP codes).

A little clarification on the codes atomic mew supplied:

stat code set to for max
(high
or
low)

MHPH 01??7CD1 FE
MHPL 01??7DD1 01

ATTH 01??7ED1 FE
ATTL 01??7FD1 01

DEFH 01??80D1 FE
DEFL 01??81D1 01

SPCH 01??82D1 FE
SPCL 01??83D1 01

SPDH 01??84D1 FE
SPDL 01??85D1 01

I have no idea what these last two codes are.
They are certainly within the pokemon structure in memory, but I have no idea what stats they cater to (if any).

01??86D1
01??87D1

I have tested the above code (arrived at them independently, in fact) and they did their job. FE01 is 255*255, and this is apparently the max stat exp goes to (probably for calculation of stats).

This number comes from http://members.aol.com/sabindude/pokemon.html
which is Necrosaro's pokemon page.

Also of note: these codes are for red/blue.
For yellow, you probably will subtract 1 from each address (so
MHPH 01??7CD1 FE
MHPL 01??7DD1 01
becomes
MHPH 01??7BD1 FE
MHPL 01??7CD1 01
, but I haven't tested it. The net effect of yellow seems to be that the pokemon structures are stored one byte previous to their original locations. I haven't tested these particular codes in yellow, however.

If you want to erase all stat EXP, set both bytes of each one to zero.

This will help out those who want powerful pokemon fast- but please remember that leveling them up is part of the fun (or forget, if that's how you play).

good luck
-cfalcon

------------------

AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2000 03:05 AM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
those last 2 codes seem to raise stats in all categories. hrm... very strange? i think so.

------------------
-Atomic Mew

Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2000 07:07 PM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GameShark is for idiots who can't win otherwise. Sorry, i just can't be totally mature when it comes to big-time cheating like that.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2000 09:38 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To recap:

"I have no idea what these last two codes are.
They are certainly within the pokemon structure in memory, but I have no idea what stats they cater to (if any).

01??86D1
01??87D1"

-cfalcon

"those last 2 codes seem to raise stats in all categories. hrm... very strange? i think so."

-Atomic Mew

Those two code are you pokemon's "genes". They determine the deter values that determine what your maximum stats are.

If all you want is power monsters, simply put, set those two bytes to FF each, and your pokemon will be genetically perfect.

Like so:

01FF86D1
01FF87D1

And stop reading now.

If you care how this works, keep reading.

01??86D1 modifies the first byte: this contains the deter values for Attack and Defense. Each value is four bits, so the first hexadecimal value is Attack, the second Defense.

01??87D1 modifies the second byte, which contains Speed and Special (in that order). Same deal.

So where are hitpoints? The deter value for hitpoints is the combined Least Signfigant Bits of the other deter values in this order: Attack,Defense,Speed,Special.

Why? I don't know. So if your pokemon has the maximum attack and minimum defense possible, with regular values for speed and special, the bytes would look like this:

D186: D187:
11110000 10000111

Which would yield deter values of
Attack=>F (15)
Defense=>0 (0)
Speed=>8 (8)
Special=>7 (7)

Hit points are:
111*1*000*0* 100*0*011*1*
-->1001

MaxHP=>9 (9)

Sorry I took so long to get this up, but I didn't know this stuff till earlier today and I had lab.

So if you use Gameshark now, you can instantly have a L100 pokemon with max stat EXP, and maximum possible genes.

While I wouldn't have a problem playing against someone who maxed out their stat EXP and their EXP (level) artificially, I wouldn't be pleased if they hacked themselves a perfect monster (a 1 in 65536 chance, by the way).

So the Mewtwo I was so pleased about catching has deter values of:
MHP :15
AT :9
DF :3
SPD :15
SPC :15

You can see that hit points are maxed because all of the other values are odd: so instead of my monster being a 1/4096 occurence (I was looking for high speed, special, and hit points), it's only a 1/1024 monster. Oh well.

Marrill: I don't condone cheating in multiplayer games. I've leveled up plenty myself, and have used the shark mostly for testing. I don't try to use illegal moves or anything like that- and I find the phrase "GameShark is for idiots who can't win otherwise" kind of ill-thought out.

Would you get on my case for trashing the CUT I put on my first Venusaur, for example, to replace with a move he might actually find useful in a link battle?

Anyway, don't let the Gameshark ruin your game: if you go and grab L100 genetically perfect monsters, you may find yourself wondering what to do next...

-cfalcon

------------------

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 02-24-2000 12:14 AM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering why people are so against gameshark raised pokemon? It's still really hard to find the good pokemon, and fighting lots of battles is still needed for good stats(box trick). I know not all people really care, but I get a lot of flak from some people all the time, and the only reason they give me is "you're cheap". I actually hear this every day from a guy who uses four mewtwos! He says its OK since he doesn't use gameshark, but maybe hes right. So could someone fill me in?
Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 02-24-2000 06:59 PM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4 "The Cheap"s?!?! *faints*

------------------

Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 02-24-2000 07:42 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!

YOU ARE SO GREAT, AtomicMew AND cfalcon!!!

YOU EVEN FOUND OUT THE CODES TO HAVE GENETICALLY PERFECT POKEMON, WHICH I FORGOT TO ASK FOR!!!! THESE ARE THE MIRACLE CODES OF POKEMON, THANKS A LOT!!!! ^_^

YAY YAY!!!

Erm, but by the way, what would happen if you took a team of 6 genetically perfect pokemon into a real tournament? Would they kick you out for cheating? After all your team is theoretically possible....

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2000 12:55 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

If you brought in a team of perfects, they probably wouldn't know. Here's why:

Most people expect some pokemon to be better than other, so that one Mewtwo will be faster than another. If you are dedicated, it isn't hard to catch a fast Mewtwo (if all you want is speed, that's a 1/16 chance of a perfect Mewtwo each time). Many other pokemon won't be noticed: speed is the most obvious stat, and across types it doesn't show up much. Of course, you'll probably buy yourself an extra round with the Defense/Special bonus and the extra HP(remember that your resistance to attacks goes up proportionally to both HP and the resistance stat, so if both increase it goes up quadratically).

The gym trainers have near perfect teams. If they think to look at yours, they probably won't complain much: they might look at you a little odd. They had Mewtwos there with perfect speed, special, near perfect hit points, good defense and almost perfect attack.

The odds are still against you, though. 1 in 65536 can happen. getting six pokemon like that? well that's 1 in 2 to the 16*6 power, or 1 in 2 to the 96th power. That's 1 in 7.92 x 10 to the 28th power. That's 792 followed by 26 zeroes. Let's put that number in perspective: if every star in the universe had a solar system with a habitable planet (10^22 stars), and each of those planets had 7.92 million pokemon players, you could expect that 10 people in the entire universe could naturally grab six perfect statted pokemon. Now while this assumes that they grab six and only six, this is every star in existence, here.

But no, nothing is impossible

And you are still playing with legal pokemon, period.

Thanks to Porcupine (in another string), we can now be pretty sure that Nintendo kept the same method of stat generation in Metallics. I was wondering whether they expanded those two bytes to three, or whether the two specials became derived from something else. I'm guessing it's the same two bytes, with everything the same (including the odd HP derivation). The next step is to figure out how sex affect the pokemon's stats (the gender rather not sex: "My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired"). Presumable the neutral pokemon are unaffected, males get bonuses or bonuses or penalties, and females get the same thing, but in different stats. Or there could be no difference.

But back to tournament discussion: I think you wouldn't get caught. If you were worried, make your attack (if you aren't planning on using it, it can only be used to either struggle or beat yourself up when confused if you have a special attacker) something low (and odd), and make your defense something imperfect (and odd), like D or B. Lower speed for pokemon that will be going last anyway, etc.

I'm still wondering if I'm going to do this or not. While I'm not going to say that others should or shouldn't, I wonder if it will make the game less fun for me.

Oh well, time to catch some Dragonairs...

I'm glad you liked the codes (AtomicMew probably is too, but I won't speak for him...), if anyone knows the equivalent codes for metallics, that would save us all some sharktime...

thanks,
-cfalcon

------------------

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2000 01:06 AM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, but I've been having a little trouble with the "perfect pokemon"code. Sometimes it gives my pokemon level 100 stats, and sometimes it works perfectly, but only on one pokemon.Maybe my game is glithced, I'm just wondering if this is a problem for anyone else, and if so how to fix it.(BTW, I'm just going to use these for fun, not against other people, I use luck to help me with their stats against friends.)

------------------
"Screw you guys, I'm going home" Cartman

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2000 03:27 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Avalanche:
As long as you arent being cheap ( lv 255 Mewtwos ) its OK.

That's what the Australian Reps used when I was at Whitfords. Bastards. And the guy I saw with one was dating a particularly gorgeous Mew Girl.

It wasn't an actual tournament though, just a tour.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"...I'm ghetto like a high-school dropout,
When hoes be fighting and they tittie pop out..."
- "Ghetto Boy"

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2000 12:43 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Avalanche said:

Sorry, but I've been having a little trouble with the "perfect pokemon"code. Sometimes it gives my pokemon level 100 stats, and sometimes it works perfectly, but only on one pokemon.Maybe my game is glithced, I'm just wondering if this is a problem for anyone else, and if so how to fix it.(BTW, I'm just going to use these for fun, not against other people, I use luck to help me with their stats against friends.)

All of the codes we discussed work on the first position only.

Here is an outline of what I originally detailed:

Step 1: Get the pokemon you want:
01XXD8CF = pick opponent, look at gamefaqs (MetroidMoo's faq, for instance, for values for XX), or just use one that you want maxed.
(You can combine this step with 016427D1 to fight L100 versions of the pokemon you want: you want to keep fighting until the thing you are fighting
1) says L100
2) has the correct name "MEWTWO"
3) doesn't necessarily have the right picture (could look like rattata).
Catch that one).

Once you have the pokemon, L100 or not, turn off the gameshark and save.

Step 2: Get your pokemon to L100. In order to do this, you need experience. You are actually just giving it enough experience.
011379D1
01127AD1
01D07BD1
(these codes apply to pokemon in the TOP position, not in boxes or anything)
will give you 1312D0h=1,250,000 EXP
This is the "hard" EXP chart, used by MEWx, Dratini series, Staryu series, etc. For other pokemon, you can use it anyway: they'll be > L100: just battle them once and it will go back to the correct value.

When you use this code, put the pokemon to be modified in the top position, and "pulse" the value into memory (just turn the GS on, then back off). You don't normally want it on. Then save and turn off.

Step 3: Now you want to use the Stat EXP codes that Atomic Mew wrote up:

MHPH 01??7CD1 FE
MHPL 01??7DD1 01
ATTH 01??7ED1 FE
ATTL 01??7FD1 01
DEFH 01??80D1 FE
DEFL 01??81D1 01
SPCH 01??82D1 FE
SPCL 01??83D1 01
SPDH 01??84D1 FE
SPDL 01??85D1 01

Genes:
01??86D1 FF
01??87D1 FF

In all cases, the value listed goes into the ??.

Once again, "pulse" those values. Then put your pokemon into a box and bring it out (this rederives the values: simply the box trick again). Now your pokemon should be maxed in everything except current HP. Pokecenter them to perfect health, and you should have a superior pokemon.

Have fun,
-cfalcon

------------------

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2000 11:43 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm using those Shark codes on my vaporeon...
I'm really hesitant to do it on other ones though, as Your theory of making it less fun worries me.. But let me tell you... It's gonna be fun having a perfect Vaporeon (Well I did give him the lowest possible attack.. which is actually an advantage to... but whatever). I'm thinking I might get a perfect Chansey too. I might even raise some Weaker (but cool pokémon) up too, like a Dewgong or Clefable. But again, I am kinda scared about becoming disenfranchised with the whole capturing process. And also battling with cheating pokémon. I caught over 350 Mews to get one that I could Pass off for the Tournament as "Nintendo Authentic" now that I can do it in 2 minutes, I wonder if I can ever go back... I have raised over 20 pokémon to level 100, most of them less than 15 values from the maximum total stats, so It's not like I Haven't earned it (And I did max out my time to 255). And the only part about pokémon that I enjoy is battling them.. WHat do you thinK?

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-29-2000 04:06 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10k# Snorlax, you're wondering about the same things I am: that the game will be much less fun now that the one main uncontrollable feature is controlled. I mean, after all, Nintendo didn't put the option "catch perfect pokemon" in the game, and presumably they had a reason for that...

I, too, have sat around trying to catch (near) perfect ones, and have levelled up plenty over time.

When you generated Mews, did you remember to change the trainer name to "LINKE"?

-cfalcon

------------------

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 02-29-2000 08:00 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FUNNY STORY!!!!

Well, the First near-perfect Mew (after I had raised the official one that they gave me at last summers tour to 100, only to discover it sucked) I didn't change the trainer name for. So I started my Yellow version over and renamed it "LUIGIE"-- the trainer they had named on the East Coast tour last fall, I caught a strong Mew and changed the ID number to 01065, so it's only 50 from the ID number of the official one they gave me (01013) last summer!! There's no way anyone would ever know (is there??)! I was very happy about that.. Now he looks just like the offical one, except he's 14 from the max possible stats!

I really should join team rocket...

------------------

[This message has been edited by 10,000Lb.Snorlax (edited 02-29-2000).]

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-29-2000 08:55 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh... well, you can just start a new game as LINKE (or hack that name later, but I don't know how), start with MEW, trade him to another cartridge, etc. (works best if you have MegaMem). Once safely away, level him up however you like, and modify his genes to your liking. Also obviously modify his trainer number to match your certificate: after all, didn't you not like the official Mew they gave you?

Mew, Mewtwo, and probably another psychic... I can't wait for type evil to come out here and kick some sense into us...

-cfalcon

------------------

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 02-29-2000 10:18 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually I can wait... You know how incredibly MORE complicated the game stratedgy will become when there isn't a dominant pokémon type?? Creating a team of three pokémon will drive me virtually insane! Oh man, sometimes I wish that pokémon never existed... I would hve so much of my time back! And sanity

also, That Trainer ID modifyer is kind of rough, I can't get the exact numbers to work, do you know how????? What I want is 01013, how do I get that?

------------------

[This message has been edited by 10,000Lb.Snorlax (edited 02-29-2000).]

AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 02:38 AM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10k, its hex. get just put in that number into your calculator and plug it into the codes for the gameshark

------------------
-Atomic Mew

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 11:35 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did I mention I am a COMPLETE moron when it comes to non-statistical math? I barely know how to use my TI-83, and I don't know how to get the hexadecimal values using it... how do I correspont 01013 to hexa? BTW- Are you guys going into programming?

------------------

AznExplosN
Farting Nudist
Member # 45

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 12:00 PM      Profile for AznExplosN     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I apologize for this.... but I wanted to knock this thread into the flaming folders category. Woo! Number 26!

------------------
"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cuz I tell it how it is and you tell it
how it might be." ~ Puff Daddy

From: Dallas, Texas, United States | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 12:36 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

10k# Snorlax says:

Did I mention I am a COMPLETE moron when it comes to non-statistical math? I barely know how to use my TI-83, and I don't know how to get the hexadecimal values using it... how do I correspont 01013 to hexa? BTW- Are you guys going into programming?

Moron? hardly. Hex/binary conversions to decimal are pretty easy. I use an HP, so I'm not sure how to do it on a TI-83: but I've got something better for you. Use Windows calculator. Hit View/Scientific, then look toward the upper left, and make sure "Dec" has a bubble next to it. Then enter your number in familiar base 10 (type in 1013). Now select "Hex". Poof! 3F5. Ok, now, here's how this works: Every byte has eight bits. A "nibble" is four bits. A nibble can be represented by a single hex digit (hex is base sixteen: because each it is also a power of two, it is easy to switch between that and binary). So if you want to write a byte, that's two consecutive hex values: 4A, for example. Let's look at 4A: 4=0100, A=1010, so 4A=01001010.

"F" is the biggest value that a hex value can have, so a byte's largest value is FF. Note that sometimes this is viewed as -1 (Ask me if you want to know about 2's complement notation: this stuff shouldn't be hard to find, though). This is why you would instantly die in Mario 1 using the 1Up trick (stomp the koopa, bounce on him) after a while: you had gone from 127 to 128, but the game viewed that as -128, and stupid things happened (I think)).

FF translates straight to decimal as 255. Add one to it, and it wraps around to 00=0. That's why 255 shows up as the max so often. For two bytes, its FFFF=65535, etc.

So 3F5 really is 03F5, or 03 F5 (two bytes). The most signifigant byte is the one on the left (like in the decimal value 153, the "1" is more signifigant than the other values, because changing that will have a greater effect than changing any others): So the most signifigant byte is 03,and the least signifigant byte is F5.

Now to Shark those values in...

"01??77D1 + 01??78D1" is how MetroidMoo's FAQ lists the trainer id number. What should go into the ??s? Well, we just found 03 F5 should be the two. Now you could just put one in the first one and one in the second and reset if it was wrong, then switch them, but I'm pretty sure it goes like this: The Z80 references these in byte - swapped order, so the lower address (D177) will hold the most signifigant byte, and the other address (D178) will hold the least signifigant byte. I'm a little more confident that this is how things work because the memory addresses provided in the codes are switched around (why else would it add in the middle?).

So, with the most sig=03, and the least sig=F5, we can write:

010377D1
01F578D1

Start up, get the Mew in the first posistion, and toggle the GS switch.

Good luck,
-cfalcon

------------------

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 04:04 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
God, I wish I had you as a Calculus tutor...
Thank you. You really must be going into programming, either that or you're the CEO of MENSA. Thanks again, Snorlaxs arn't to heavy in the smarts category.

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 12:55 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow those codes sure are pretty sweet. But like somebody had mentioned earlier, does anyone know how to modify the OT? I know that the codes exist for G/S but I haven't heard anyting about the R/B/Y english versions.

------------------
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) DaS rIgHt?

From: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 01:40 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure, OT code is easy enough...

01??77D1 <--- Most signifigant
01??78D1 <--- Least signifigant

These work on R/B. On yellow, it's probably just the "subtract one" thing, but I'm not sure.

Actually, I answered this question earlier on in this same post: however, it was probably in the middle of a big paragraph, and easily missed.

[This message has been edited by cfalcon (edited 03-02-2000).]

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 02:51 PM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! That's awesome that you actually knew those but how do you actually use them to change the name of the original person who caught the Pokemon. I already have the quantity digits for letters but there are 7 letters and you only gave 2 codes. Plaese help!

------------------

Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 03:05 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How do you modify your own self's Id No.? I'd like to be known as Pokemon Trainer #00000 hehe.

------------------

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 08:40 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think a cool code would be if you could substitute all of the people in R/B/Y that are walking around with the pokémon that walk around in front of the Safari Zone.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2000 02:29 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought you meant OT#, that's what the two codes are for. It *shouldn't* be that hard to find the original trainer name, but it might be held outside the same memory structure that holds the normal pokemon stuff (I'm pretty sure the differing lenghts of the names is the only reason Japanese and American version can't trade monsters).

I've got spring break coming up, so I might not post for a few days, but I'll see what I can come up with...

Sorry about the misunderstanding, though.

-cfalcon

------------------

*ZERO*
Farting Nudist
Member # 11

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2000 09:36 AM      Profile for *ZERO*   Email *ZERO*   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's O.k but it sure would be cool if someone could make taht code I'm gonna try but I have no idea how to do it .

------------------

Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2000 11:17 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That would be sweet, but hexa-impossible with only like 25 lines of code to work with....
It would have to be pre-programmed as a cheat or something in order for a gameshark to be of any help.
And cfalcon, I've learned more about hexadecimal codes in the last 15 or so minutes of reading this post than I have over the course of my entire life. Thanks a ton, dude.

------------------
~Slick has spoken~
Every year more women become pregnant than men.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-08-2000 10:18 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah, I hate sharkies.

------------------
The new millennium doesn't begin until 2001!

ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 06:39 AM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, I'm a little confused as to which code does what. Could someone post each code, followed by an accurate description telling what it does?

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 09:09 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You hate sharkies? Are you insane! Without people like us millions of people without gameshark would lost interest in gaming altogether, destroy the gaming industry, and cause world-wide havoc!(I could be exagerating a little bit, but the point is Gameshark is fun to mess with.)

------------------
"Screw you guys, I'm going home" Cartman

Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 02:28 AM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uh, ooooookay...

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-24-2000 03:22 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

if anyone knows the equivalent codes for metallics, that would save us all some sharktime...

Does "metallics" refer to the Gold/Silver versions? If so, I do have codes for changing the Stat EXP and eigenvalues (I think that they're called DVs or something like that here) for each of your six Pokémon on your belt, the ones in the boxes, and wild ones/trainer's ones that you battle. Is that sorta' what you were referring to, the Stat EXP, etc codes for Gold/Silver?

--Meowth346

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 03:59 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Yup, but a post that got walked down the page had my codes for it (I don't have the in-box codes, just the in-hand ones).
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum4/HTML/000003.html

I'm pretty sure I also talked about shiny monsters in that post, and how they are related directly to the genes (EA AA is shiny male, 2A AA is shiny female), which are a couple codes I thought you would be interested in but haven't got around to emailing you yet (you are the Meowth that runs the very nice site with all the breeding info, etc., right? If so, you really should have a link in your sig... some may not yet have run across it).

Check that post out and let me know what you think....

-cfalcon

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 04:03 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oops, yes, Metallic is how I address Gold/Silver (Jp), Chromatic is how I talk about Red/Blue/Yellow (US), and Red/Blue/Yellow/Green (Jp). That lets me be rather precise (ie, "US Chromatic") without resorting to slashes and stuff, or just plain old capital letters.

-cfalcon

------------------

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2000 10:01 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just for bragging rights with my friends....is there a code to make a pokemon genetically perfect compared to max of their species?

Well..is there is code to give your pokemon MAX stats in each catagory?

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2000 10:13 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Argo:

Well..is there is code to give your pokemon MAX stats in each catagory?

r/b:
01FF86D1
01FF87D1

Those will give you poke's max stats, or at least the potential to have them once you've raised your poke, and maxed out it's stat exp.

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

"God bless incompetence! "
-Jackdaw

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 12:28 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Err... I hate to sound rude, Argo... and I'd love to answer your question, but I already did. It was a while ago, and I would normally post a link to the string...

But you are already there. For real. I realize there are a lot of posts, but you really should read the whole thing...

If you'll look at the first page, about half way down is a post I made on
2-25-00 12:43 PM
That steps you through a max monster (keep in mind that if I have a code written

MHPH 01??7CD1 FE

The left most is what it is (Max HP high), the rest of the code should be entered as is, and the ?? can be replaced with data if you want a special value. If I put a value after it (FE) that is for a specific reason (in this case the max monster codes). So you would enter
01FE7CD1
as one of the codes.

I think the codes I put there are R/B.

-cfalcon

------------------

][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 04:29 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I decided to use that code on my weaker pokemon like porygon so it will have a chance against all the mewtwos floating around.

------------------
]['m carvin' for some, ]['m missin' you like candy.

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 05:11 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ugg...horribly sorry for sounding like some annyoing newbie..

^_^

yea..i realized that before you posted....but here's what i thought:

Once i did the code..and dropped it in/out of a box...it looked alot like stat exp was just sharked onto it...but then i realized that it was a code to max out your pokemon's stats..and the other 5 codes give stat exp.
Sorry for making you go through all this trouble...but when i read atomic's post..after you said"i dont know what the last two codes do"..and i heard atomic mew post that they raise points in all catagories..i thought he was talking about stat exp.

Sorry again..

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Starmie64
Farting Nudist
Member # 298

Member Rated:
posted 04-20-2000 08:46 PM      Profile for Starmie64     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's my opinion. GS is great for changing moves around on Pokemon, although I don't give Pokemon moves they don't know, or give two Thunderbolt when I could legally only get one T-bolt TM.

As for training, I use it to catch L100's, but I simply catch a bunch, look for the best one, and use stat enhancers then battle to get max STAT EXP. With Dodrio mode (Stadium) it only takes a couple hours to get a Pokemon to max STAT EXP. I think that using it to get perfect genes is cheating, since the odds are so astronomical to get a perfect Pokemon...

------------------

From: The place with the stuff | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.