The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Complaints Dept.   » Netscape vs. AH forums

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Netscape vs. AH forums
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 11:33 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most of the time, I use Netscape to browse here. Tragically, it seems that whenever I try enter the Azure Pokemon Center in Netscape now, something clogs up.

I can't get in, and Netscape seem to be stuck on "97 bytes read" for about 5 minutes, or until I stop it. Restarting solves the problem temporarily, but it's getting annoying.

The same problem occured last week when I tried browsing AH at work (my local library).

Just so you know, I use Netscape 4.7 at home, and the library uses 4.0. Also, I'm posting this in Explorer *dies*.

Is this a result of the upgrade? Or do I need to pull an upgrade of my own?

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 02:40 PM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seems to me Nutscrape is a crappy browser

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 03:11 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I get the exact same problem! "97 bytes read". I'm sick and tired of that message. I'm using Communicator 4.75.

Netscape 0wnz. Explorer is bad, since everyone uses it and it has crappy security, thus making it a good target for mass virus attacks.

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 05:12 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use Netscape 6.0, and it seems to work well enough.

I'd advise you to upgrade, yeah. I never could stand the 4.0 series.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 10:42 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StarCaliber:
I use Netscape 6.0, and it seems to work well enough.

I'd advise you to upgrade, yeah. I never could stand the 4.0 series.

I checked last night, and unless Internet access is moved to my brother's comp, I won't be able to go into the Center anytime soon.

Netscape 6 requires a 233, and I've got a 133.

Of course, if you were to take up a collection to get me a laptop with satellite connection... (yeah, right).

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 12:27 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What are you doing with a 133? I didn't even know those still worked...
From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 02:23 AM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have 2 66mhz, and they work fine.
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 05:51 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It works fine both at work and at home with Netscape 4.73. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like, so I can get some hint as to what the problem might be?
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 11:22 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
StarCaliber: What are you doing with a 133? I didn't even know those still worked...

Intel hasn't self-destructed the old Pentiums yet.

Mr. K:It works fine both at work and at home with Netscape 4.73. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like, so I might get some hint as to what the problem might be?

I'll try to take one tonight and send it to you... I can't make promises, though.

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2001 12:09 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since the upgrade, Netscape always reloads the forum and forum index pages whenever I "Back" to them. (IE does this occasionally, like it did before the upgrade.) This makes things very difficult, since it slows everything down and resets all the "new posts since last visit" icons. I ended up switching to IE for reading AH.

Mr. K is a tool of Microsoft!

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2001 01:25 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat: Since the upgrade, Netscape always reloads the forum and forum index pages whenever I "Back" to them.

What if you click on the big fat Koffing, or the link to the specific forum on the header line?

Less convenient, but it might work.

Mr. K is a tool of Microsoft!

Everyone is a tool of Microsoft. They're inescapable. Still, I'd never buy an X-Box, no matter how cool they might turn out to be.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 09-07-2001 04:07 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*clicks the big fat koffing* whee!

mine's been krappy since i got back, but i'm running netscape off a 133 as well. i'm chalking it up to that.

you guys make me wanna dust off my ol' osborne and fire that puppy up!

and off-topic: what's with the stars? since when does 2 votes result in a weighted 5.0? =\

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2001 03:02 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
spunman. is. back.

The townspeople can now rejoice.

- - - - -
lol pokemon

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2001 10:50 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spunman:
*clicks the big fat koffing* whee!

mine's been krappy since i got back, but i'm running netscape off a 133 as well. i'm chalking it up to that.

you guys make me wanna dust off my ol' osborne and fire that puppy up!

and off-topic: what's with the stars? since when does 2 votes result in a weighted 5.0? =\

Two people gave you 5-star ratings. I would too if I could.

And WTF is an osborne?

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.